Countdown to judgment -for Oscar Stilley & Lindsey Springer

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Countdown to judgment -for Oscar Stilley & Lindsey Springer

Post by Famspear »

The Federal Bureau of Prisons web site still shows 46 year old Oscar Stilley (Bureau of Prisons register number 10579-062) as being "in transit" as of Sunday afternoon, May 30, 2010. It also shows his projected release date:

May 17, 2023.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSe ... &x=65&y=22

EDIT: Same projected release date for Lindsey Springer.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

As of today, Thursday, June 3, 2010, the Federal Bureau of Prisons shows both Lindsey Springer and Oscar Stilley as being located at the Bureau's Oklahoma City Federal Transfer Center.

As one of the taxpayers whose taxes help support this kind of thing, I say: Enjoy the facilities, boys!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'm waiting, now, for the first report saying that either or both of them have been moved into protective custody, or to the hospital, because they p*ssed off the wrong persons.... :twisted:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
blind

Post by blind »

I figured both of them would be in their comfy cells at El Reno by now.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Federal Bureau of Prisons now shows that Stilley is incarcerated at the Forrest City Federal Correctional Complex at Forrest City, Arkansas. His projected release date is May 17, 2023. His Bureau of Prisons number is 10579-062.

Springer is still shown as being at the Federal transfer facility at Oklahoma City, with the same projected release date. His Bureau of Prisons number is 02580-063.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

I swear I just had a vision of the future (direct opposite of deja vu); it was ten years from now, and the same messages as above--except it's wormy 'ol Harvester about to start his sentence. And y'know what? He's still saying the revolution is next week.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Cathulhu wrote:I swear I just had a vision of the future (direct opposite of deja vu);
"Deja vu" is the sense of have experienced something before, even though the experience is new and different. The opposite of "deja vu" is "jamais vu," which is a feeling of newness for something that is actually familiar or known.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Thank you Dan--I can order beer and say thank you in Japanese, Taiwanese, and a few others, but I've never set foot in Europe yet and don't speak a word of French!

Watch out guys, I got an entire unbroken (unlike my spine) night's sleep and I'm feeling feisty today! Where'd Harvey the wormy hamster go?
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Cathulhu wrote: Watch out guys, I got an entire unbroken (unlike my spine) night's sleep and I'm feeling feisty today! Where'd Harvey the wormy hamster go?
still in daycare?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:
Cathulhu wrote: Watch out guys, I got an entire unbroken (unlike my spine) night's sleep and I'm feeling feisty today! Where'd Harvey the wormy hamster go?
still in daycare?
Maybe he's gotten caught up in his medications.... :twisted:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

More likely mommy wouldn't let him play on the computer today.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Carole Lonsway

Re: Countdown to judgment -for Oscar Stilley & Lindsey Sprin

Post by Carole Lonsway »

Hey all you surly deadbeats, here's the skinny on Oscar. I'd know my facts before you insult the intelligence of this guy!

He was alleged to have evaded Springer's taxes (not his own), because he followed the law and ethical rules requiring that he pay money to the person entitled to the money, promptly upon demand. Would you have done differently?

Yes, he is in FCI Forrest City Low, Forrest City, AR. Check out his web site to be updated with accurate information - OK? Google oscarstilley's blog you will get updated information on his appeal and other good stuff.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

I'm many things, but surly isn't amongst them.

Stilley is many things, and amongst them are self-proclaimed incompetent lawyer, convicted felon and guest of the BoP for at least 85% of 15 years.

What is it with the followers of goofy losers?
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Carole Lonsway wrote:He [Stilley] was alleged to have evaded Springer's taxes (not his own),
So what? What difference does it make whose taxes he was evading?

And it's now "convicted" and not "alleged."
Carole Lonsway wrote:because he followed the law and ethical rules requiring that he pay money to the person entitled to the money, promptly upon demand.
What law or ethical rule required him to accept money on behalf of Springer? IOLTA (interest on law trust account) accounts are supposed to be used for lawsuit settlements and other monies received on behalf of clients in the course of a lawyer's practice. Why was Springer causing hundreds of thousands of dollars to be routed to Stilley's IOLTA account, and why was Stilley funneling that money back to Springer?

For example, the indictment says that:
26. On or about August 8, 2005, Defendant SPRINGER sent an email to a third person containing the account number, routing number, and name of Defendant STILLEY's IOLTA account.

27. On or about August 11,2005, Defendants SPRINGER and STILLEY caused $192,000 to be transmitted to Defendant STILLEY's IOLTA account for Defendant SPRINGER.

28. On or about August 15,2005, Defendant STILLEY caused $166,000 to be transmitted from his IOLTA account for the purchase of a motor home titled in the name of Defendant SPRINGER and his wife.

29. On or about August 18,2005, Defendants SPRINGER and STILLEY caused $58,000 to be transmitted to Defendant STILLEY's IOLTA account for Defendant SPRINGER.

30. On or about August 26, 2005, Defendant STILLEY caused $5,560 to be transmitted from his IOLTA account to Oklahoma Truck and Trailer Sales for the purchase of a trailer titled in the name of Defendant SPRINGER.

31. On or about September 1, 2005, Defendant STILLEY caused $25,813 to be transmitted from his IOLTA account to Lexus of Tulsa for the purchase of a Lexus titled in the name of Defendant SPRINGER and his wife.
That's not the practice of law. That's a money laundering (and tax evasion) operation.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Carole Lonsway wrote:I'd know my facts before you insult the intelligence of this guy!
(1) I'd say we know the facts pretty well.

(2) Insults to his "intelligence" are the least of Stilley's worries at this point.
He was alleged to have evaded Springer's taxes (not his own), because he followed the law and ethical rules requiring that he pay money to the person entitled to the money
Lawyers use escrow accoutns to hold other people's money. Please cite the "ethical rule" requiring a lawyer to give away other people's money. And they were gifts. Just ask Springer.
Would you have done differently?
Hell, yes.
Google oscarstilley's blog you will get updated information on his appeal and other good stuff.
One word contains all the "updated information" one needs on Stilley's appeal: "Affirmed".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC

Post by LPC »

Carole Lonsway wrote:Google oscarstilley's blog you will get updated information on his appeal and other good stuff.
Some of the "good stuff" is the text of a letter that Lonsway apparently wrote on behalf of Stilley, and which includes Lonsway's home address (in Arkansas), telephone number, and email address.

Weird.
Dan Evans
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Carole Lonsway wrote:Hey all you surly deadbeats, here's the skinny on Oscar. I'd know my facts before you insult the intelligence of this guy!
Carole, you appear to be confused. We are not deadbeats. Stilley, however, is a deadbeat. A "deadbeat" is "a person who tries to evade paying for things". Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language, p. 362, World Publishing Co., Inc. (2d Coll. ed. 1978). Can you say "taxes"?? Can you say "tax evasion"?
He was alleged to have evaded Springer's taxes (not his own).....
Wow, what was your first clue? And how long have you been following this case? As another poster pointed out, under section 7201 of the Internal Revenue Code it is indeed a felony to attempt to evade the payment of ANYONE'S federal tax, not just your own.
.....because he followed the law and ethical rules requiring that he pay money to the person entitled to the money, promptly upon demand. Would you have done differently?
See responses by other posters above. If you're trying to be funny, you're succeeding in part. If you're trying to make yourself look foolish, you are succeeding magnificently.
Yes, he is in FCI Forrest City Low, Forrest City, AR. Check out his web site to be updated with accurate information - OK? Google oscarstilley's blog you will get updated information on his appeal and other good stuff.
Umm, thanks, but we don't really need a "confirmation" from you -- or from Oscar Stilley, or from his weblog -- on the name or location of the prison where Oscar is currently residing, or on most other facts germane to the case. After all that Oscar Stilley has said, and written, and done, do you really think Oscar Stilley himself is a consistently reliable source of information about Oscar Stilley?

Carole, I would suggest that you try harder to engage your brain before hitting the keyboard with your fingers.
Carole Lonsway

Post by Carole Lonsway »

Now you see people why I called you 'deadbeats?' and as for keyboard strokers? Your responses and postings are so childish :lol: What you haven't seen posted before is on Oscar's blog! Instead of squeeling about Oscar, see what he is currently doing. He's making good use of his time. As for the marrying kind. . . . Julie knows all about my relationship with Oscar. There's nothing secret about anything. Sorry to disappoint your dirty minds. As for my address - who cars?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

CaptainKickback wrote:
Carole Lonsway wrote:Now you see people why I called you 'deadbeats?' and as for keyboard strokers? Your responses and postings are so childish :lol: What you haven't seen posted before is on Oscar's blog! Instead of squeeling about Oscar, see what he is currently doing. He's making good use of his time. As for the marrying kind. . . . Julie knows all about my relationship with Oscar. There's nothing secret about anything. Sorry to disappoint your dirty minds. As for my address - who cars?
And yet we are NOT the ones in prison or being the pig-ignorant shill for a convicted scam artist.......I'm just saying Carole that if you lay with pigs you have to expect to catch a lot of flak.

As for making good use of his time, the only real good he could be doing is making restitution to those he scammed.
He seems to be making it his major project to make sure the fry cook is washing his hands.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Carole Lonsway wrote:What you haven't seen posted before is on Oscar's blog! Instead of squeeling about Oscar, see what he is currently doing. He's making good use of his time.
You think that whining about his conviction, and about prison conditions, is a good use of Stilley's time?

Why don't you make good use of your time and explain why Stilley was funnelling hundreds of thousands of dollars through his lawyer's trust account (IOLTA account) for Springer if he wasn't helping Springer evade taxes. All of the arguments on Stilley's blog are procedural, not substantive, and he himself never even tries to claim that he was innocent of conspiring to defraud the government. Do you know something he doesn't about what he was doing?
Dan Evans