If you manage to get a CTC return through by mistake...

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

If you manage to get a CTC return through by mistake...

Post by Gregg »

Justin Prime has a suggestion for you!
I was thinking that those who receive their full refunds ought to send a note to the IRS agent that processed it. Not exactly a "Thank you," since it's their job, but something along those lines, like "Thanks for upholding the rule of law and doing your job correctly."

The idea is that positive reinforcement goes a looong way when it comes to getting desirable behaviors to be repeated. (I'm a mental health therapist.) I also suspect that the agents doing the refunds of the CtC returns may be sticking their necks out there or following a command from higher-up that they don't quite understand. Either way, a but of positive reinforcement would be in need.
You do that Justin. I just hate it when tax cheats manage to get one over on the honest people, and that might just insure they take a closer look.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
bmielke

Re: If you manage to get a CTC return through by mistake...

Post by bmielke »

You don't want computer terminal 45-989 to get a bighead. You should send the same thank you note to the guy that corrects the computers mistake, you know the guy that adds the $5000 friv. pen.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Justin's suggestion is the equivalent of sneaking past a sleeping tiger and then doubling back to boot the tiger in his butt before continuing on....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Justin's suggestion is the equivalent of sneaking past a sleeping tiger and then doubling back to boot the tiger in his butt before continuing on....
"If your going to kick a tiger in the ass you had better have a plan for dealing with it's teeth," -Tom Clancy in Teeth of the Tiger.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Justin's suggestion is the equivalent of sneaking past a sleeping tiger and then doubling back to boot the tiger in his butt before continuing on....

He's trying to get more votes for The All Star Team of Stupid
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Gregg wrote:

He's trying to get more votes for The All Star Team of Stupid
CTCer's remind me of the guys around her who see a rattle snake and decide to grab it because they say Steve Irwin do it. It ends with Medflight most of the time.
lorne

Post by lorne »

CHRIKIE!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Wrong Irwin. They need to speak to Irwin Schiff, who failed to avoid, or even build up a resistance, to Fed bites.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4