Signing a tax return...

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

So, if I'm filling out all zeros on my 1040, and I had like $100k in income. I sign the form, which clearly states that I agree that I'm telling the truth. But I'm not. I just made a verifiably false statement, since it can be proven that I had that stuff. I guess I just perjured myself.

That verifies that there is no law to report Income or pay Income Tax. Like Wesley Marc says, there is proper law about perjury in place.

Regards,

David Merrill.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

David Merrill wrote:
So, if I'm filling out all zeros on my 1040, and I had like $100k in income. I sign the form, which clearly states that I agree that I'm telling the truth. But I'm not. I just made a verifiably false statement, since it can be proven that I had that stuff. I guess I just perjured myself.

That verifies that there is no law to report Income or pay Income Tax. Like Wesley Marc says, there is proper law about perjury in place.

Regards,

David Merrill.
No, it's verifiably false that I submitted zeros when it can be proven that I had income. Please check Dan's FAQ regarding the "no income" stuff. I'm not discussing tax protester garbage with you, David.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

ga1150 wrote:At any rate, what you are stating is that there is no requirement for the witness to "tell the truth" until the oath is sworn...
I never said that.
ga1150 wrote:much as with the quasi-jurat on a Form 1040. That is why the IRS will not accept a Form 1040 without that being signed.
The reason the IRS will not accept an unsigned return is that the statute requires that the return be signed. The IRS is simply following the law that Congress wrote.
ga1150 wrote:Or, if you add something to the effect of "Signed under Duress", or "Signed as Required By Law" to the quasi-jurat prior to signing.
If you're suggesting that adding those words to the jurat make the jurat and the return invalid, you're wrong again. There are court decisions upholding the validity of returns signed with those words added.
ga1150 wrote:This is quite telling. Why in the world would they not be able to accept a form without the oath that the 'witness' signing it is telling the truth? Isn't the filer required by law to file the form and the information given be true? Does the signing of that oath make it even MORE a legal requirement? Or does the signing of the oath make it legal testimony of a witness...and therefore able to be used against the witness as stated in the Privacy Act Notice? If it were compelled, then it would not be available for such use.
I've already explained why I believe that Congress decided to require that returns be signed under penalties of perjury, and you either didn't understand my explanation or didn't like it.

In either case, if you don't think returns should require a jurat, or shouldn't require a signature, write to Congress and ask them to change the law.

And stop whining about it here, because there's nothing anybody here can do to change it.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

If I'm not mistaken, I think this whole thread is geared toward the Judge's decision to require Petey to file a correct 1040. Thus, this whole thread is heading to a point in which new guy will suddenly state how petey is committing purjury by signing the "correct" 1040. More TP nonsense.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

I'm not discussing tax protester garbage with you, David.

Yes, you are.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

David Merrill wrote:

Yes, you are.
Put my sentence back in context:
webhick wrote:Please check Dan's FAQ regarding the "no income" stuff. I'm not discussing tax protester garbage with you, David.
Notice how I referenced the "no income" right before my sentence? Yeah, that's the garbage I was talking about.

I think the Jurat issue is kind of a valid question on some fronts and is not necessarily a tax protester argument because I've heard average tax payers express concerns over it.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

David Merrill wrote:
Quote:

Yes, you are.
How refreshing - David admits that he espouses garbage. Will wonders ever cease?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff