Hello

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Lawprof

Hello

Post by Lawprof »

Hello all -- I am an attorney and law professor and have always been amazed (morbidly fascinated) by the subculture of people who have been duped into thinking you can "opt out" of normal society and 1) not pay taxes 2) "land patent" your land and get "allodial title" 3) drive without a driver's license . . . .and on and on.

I've been in court and seen people bring these arguments (one of my favorites was the kid who was reading from a pamphlet about his constitutional right to travel and how a ticket couldn't be issued to him . . . .blah blah blah. He was found guilty like he deserved and did nothing more than piss off the court by wasting its time.)

I also teach a class on the Uniform Commercial Code and am amazed at how it is being cited on various websites for everything from how to sign your Driver's License (huh?!) to protecting your mortgage (double HUH?!)

I love Quatloos. The best site there is to study the wackos.

LawProf
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Welcome aboard, Lawprof!

To be initiated as a Quatloosian, you must visit http://supremelaw.org/cc/index.htm and read at least three (3) of the expert legal pleadings there.

I suggest that you start with http://supremelaw.org/cc/aol/supreme.complaint.htm

and quite possibly the briefest document ever filed before the U.S. Supreme Court:
http://supremelaw.org/cc/aol/checkmate.htm
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Go forth, LawProf. Go forth into the great divide and enter the realm of the dillusional. Have no fear for thou art protected by the Prophet. And the Prophet shall follow in your stead with his mighty Club of Slim Jim and he shall beat back the furry masses with words of from the Code and in between the sections while the masses cower at his feet bewildered, you both shall partake of the Club of Slim Jim. And you will be satiated.

And when the Club of Slim Jim is exhausted, the Profit shall lead you into the Gold Fringed Land of Admirality and you both shall take to the high seas. The storm of Admirality is mighty and relentless, but have faith! The waves and horrendous winds that threaten to overturn your vessel are but tricks of the mind that will not stand the test of open eyes. So keep your eyes open and you will see that the gold fringe is within your grasp. So grab it and tear it off! No freaking flag accessory is going to dictate law! I don't care what color it is!

:)

So, welcome, and have a good day!
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Welcome aboard, Lawprof.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
David Merrill

Welcome and Enjoy!!

Post by David Merrill »

Here is one you will really love, Lawprof!

http://friends-n-family-research.info/F ... cMoney.wmv

It is already admitted here that Title 12 U.S.C. §411 was enacted in 1913 and amended in 1934 around the Bankers' Holiday and government seizure of gold and gold certificates.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/attachme ... 1176137303
They [FRNs] shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand...
This is obviously based in the fact that the Federal Reserve Bank was established to furnish an elastic money supply. So remedy and recourse to lawful money was and has always been built into the Act.

I would love to hear what you think about non-endorsement of paychecks as a method, in good faith of expressing the desire to redeem lawful money instead of private credit from the Fed.

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. I am not allowed to PM members here or to have a Signature showing on my posts. Here is the Signature I like to display back when I could...
Keep in mind that filing of a tax lien is merely a perfection step, and has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the lien against the owner taxpayer. -Prof 5/29/07
Lawprof

David

Post by Lawprof »

David -- two things: 1) Bork (the SCt Nominee who was not confirmed) has written extensively on the Const. and he pointed out that it gives the Fed the right to "coin" money, not "print" it -- and if the SCt had wanted to strike down paper money, they could have done it on that alone (the plain language of a statute is always the first approach. He's saying that paper money could have required an amendment.)

2) If you want to be paid in gold or silver, you have the right to demand it WHEN YOU ARE HIRED. (Basic contract law.) If your employer refuses, go find someone who will pay you in your desired medium. If you contract to be paid in DOLLARS, then you get paid in dollars. Wanting to get paid in a medium other than the one you were promised at hiring is only wishful thinking, but not enforceable at law.

LP
David Merrill

Re: David

Post by David Merrill »

Lawprof wrote:David -- two things: 1) Bork (the SCt Nominee who was not confirmed) has written extensively on the Const. and he pointed out that it gives the Fed the right to "coin" money, not "print" it -- and if the SCt had wanted to strike down paper money, they could have done it on that alone (the plain language of a statute is always the first approach. He's saying that paper money could have required an amendment.)

2) If you want to be paid in gold or silver, you have the right to demand it WHEN YOU ARE HIRED. (Basic contract law.) If your employer refuses, go find someone who will pay you in your desired medium. If you contract to be paid in DOLLARS, then you get paid in dollars. Wanting to get paid in a medium other than the one you were promised at hiring is only wishful thinking, but not enforceable at law.

LP
http://Friends-n-Family-Research.info/F ... ollars.jpg

Thank you for considering it in light of the gold and silver coin Clause. That is the context of the 1934 amendment to Title 12 U.S.C. §411. Just as the note description on this 1928 $50 FRN had to change post 1933.

http://friends-n-family-research.info/F ... case_1.jpg
http://friends-n-family-research.info/F ... case_2.jpg

Here is a case mentioned in the video article.
...although entitled to redeem his note...
[The Quatlosers continually attempt to railroad this into the context of the gold and silver coin Clause. I hold that the right to redeem lawful money cannot be abrogated.]

What at a glance seems to be Mason-bashing is actually a description in the role of fiat currency. For instance the question begged is why was there no fiat currency between 1789 and 1861? It is here on Territory of Colorado that the fiat currency (US notes) actually began - Governor Gilpin's notes were honored before the US began following suit.

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. Lawprof; Please be aware that I edit my posts for a few minutes after I submit them for viewing. After about ten minutes though, you are safe to comment on the post as it stands.
Lawprof

Yeah

Post by Lawprof »

Yeah, I guess you lost me already there, Dave. I didn't mention a gold or silver coin clause, I was merely pointing out that the Constitution uses the word "Coin" as a verb -- i.e., they authorized the coining of money. As such, one does not COIN paper money -- they would PRINT it.

Article 1, sec. 8: "The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes . . . . To coin Money . . . . "

LP
Lawprof

No

Post by Lawprof »

No, I did not watch the video, sorry. I'm at my office and don't normally watch videos or listen to wav files on my desktop. It looks to me like you are making the argument needlessly complicated.

Let's assume you are a worker. You go to get a job and agree to work for ten dollars an hour. When he hands you ten dollars for your hour's labor, the contract is complete. You cannot now claim some mumbo-jumbo about how you wanted to be paid in gold or silver etc. You are free to contract for anything you like BEFORE CONSUMMATING the deal.

Of course, no one (for the most part) would agree to pay you in gold (I can picture some who might pay you in barter -- suppose you were a farm worker and the farmer said, "I'll let you keep every fourth bushel you pick as payment for picking the other three,"). That's the problem with most of these alternate universe theories -- they try to mix and match reality with a new set of rules introduced after the game has started.

I also notice that most of the proponents of the Alternate Universe theories want to adopt rules favorable to themselves and unfavorable to banks, the government and any other entity they owe money to. Surprise surprise. Why didn't any of these "new rules" occur to them when they bought their house (the one they can't afford now), or hired employees (the Browns), etc?

LP
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

I'd like to apologized for your early run-in with our resident nutjob. He really is as crazy as you think. The best thing is to ignore him. Some people here rebut his rantings merely to prevent others from becoming his marks. (although I doubt they'd come to quatloos) Every once and a while we'll catch him in a bold face lie and then its fun to rub his face in it.

For further information on this guy you should see his lawsuit involving the following parties: Jesus, the UN, and of course his motor scooter (as a party) - just to name a few.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Welcome Prof.

If you can make anything comprehensible out of David's ravings then you will be the first one. Good Luck.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

I'm doing my damnedest to start monitoring and deleting David's attempts to hijack every thread and make this forum "All David, all the time". But I gotta let him post if you are going to the same threads to make fun of him.

It's up to you guys.
Lawprof

Can

Post by Lawprof »

Can anyone get me a copy of that lawsuit? I'd like to see the actual papers that were filed with the Court. I teach trial practice as well, and assume that they might be the craziest filing in the history of our court system.

Advise,
TP
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: Can

Post by Imalawman »

Lawprof wrote:Can anyone get me a copy of that lawsuit? I'd like to see the actual papers that were filed with the Court. I teach trial practice as well, and assume that they might be the craziest filing in the history of our court system.

Advise,
TP
Sadly, no it isn't. Stick around here and you'll see some that are truly crazy.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I'd like to second Lawprof's request. I can always use material for my comedy act around the office water cooler.

--Famspear
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Yeah, maybe I can become the resident office guru on filing lawsuits on behalf of motor scooters. Motor scooter litigation. I see a whole new field of law opening up. --Famspear
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: No

Post by grixit »

Lawprof wrote: Of course, no one (for the most part) would agree to pay you in gold
I know of one. It was around 1980 in Orange County. A business owner, practicing the fashionable libertarianism of the area, bragged about how she paid her employees in gold. Actually, i think what it was was she set their pay rates in ounces of gold and them paid them the equivalent in dollars. Well a little later, gold, which had been hovering near $400 an ounce, was the subject of a speculation bubble and spiked to $800. It dropped back after a few days, but making her payroll that week must've really hurt.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Kimokeo

Post by Kimokeo »

Lawprof, you'll have to be banned from at least one TP site to truly be a Quatloosian. Or, you can free yourself of some FRN's by sending some of those worthless pieces of paper to the Quatloosian Temple.

I'm the Curate and would be glad to accept worthless donations. They are not tax deductible because the Temple is outside of anyone's jurisdiction.

If you like, you can enter my jurisdiction anytime, along with Tommygun.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: docket

Post by wserra »

UGA Lawdog wrote:Courtesy of Wserra, our resident New York litigator, here is the docket number for David's motor scooter lawsuit:
But the wacko docs - you know, the rambling, nonsensical, incoherent blotches - aren't on PACER, unfortunately.

Welcome, LP. Warning: this site can be hazardous to your practice.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

I'm doing my damnedest to start monitoring and deleting David's attempts to hijack every thread and make this forum "All David, all the time". But I gotta let him post if you are going to the same threads to make fun of him.

It's up to you guys.
Doesn't matter to me. I skip a lot of what he posts anyway. Even if he posted, if everyone ignored everything but the salient comments (if there are any), he'd be apt to leave anyway.