Liberty Dollar may have some competition...from VIRGINIA

cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Liberty Dollar may have some competition...from VIRGINIA

Post by cynicalflyer »

Marshall's also the guy who wants to reimpose don't ask/don't tell through state legislation that would apply to the VA National Guard.
The 20-year veteran plans to introduce legislation during the Jan. 12 session of the General Assembly that would call for the Commonwealth to study minting its own coins in order to compete with what he calls “the monopoly of the Federal Reserve System.”

“We can’t mint money, but we can mint gold and silver coins,” Marshall said Wednesday night. “It sounds like a small difference, but it is a difference legally. If you look closely on a [dollar] bill, it doesn’t say that it’s money. It says it is legal tender ‘for all debts, public and private.’”
http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011/ja ... ar-755658/
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Re: Liberty Dollar may have some competition...from VIRGINIA

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

That makes perfect sense. In fact make people pay their taxes with their Virgins that'll solve your state's budget problem.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Dimwit wrote:
“We can’t mint money, but we can mint gold and silver coins,” Marshall said Wednesday night. “It sounds like a small difference, but it is a difference legally. If you look closely on a [dollar] bill, it doesn’t say that it’s money. It says it is legal tender ‘for all debts, public and private.’”
Yes, and my computer isn't really a computer. If you look very closely, it doesn't have the word "computer" printed on it. It just says "Dell."

:roll:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Evil Squirrel Overlord

You are right.

:P
My car does not have "motor vehicle" on it so I can drink a fifth of ol Red Eye and take it for a spin!
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Marshall: family Idiot wrote:“We can’t mint money, but we can mint gold and silver coins,” Marshall said Wednesday night. “It sounds like a small difference, but it is a difference legally. If you look closely on a [dollar] bill, it doesn’t say that it’s money. It says it is legal tender ‘for all debts, public and private.’”
Sounds like Bernie sent him a huge bag of Panamanian Red as a Christmas gift ....
Unidyne

Post by Unidyne »

Famspear wrote:Dimwit wrote:
Yes, and my computer isn't really a computer. If you look very closely, it doesn't have the word "computer" printed on it. It just says "Dell."

:roll:
Reminds me of the "sovruns" issuing their own quasi-Driver Licenses, with the cards reading "Constitutional Place Traveler", "International Motorist Certification" (or "Qualification")", "Sovereign Authority to Operate Motor Vehicle", "Operator's License", and so forth.
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And how does Marshall plan on getting around the counterfeiting and utterance statutes one wonders?? Oh wait, bet that was one of those myriad pesky little details he didn't have time for.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The 20-year veteran plans to introduce legislation during the Jan. 12 session of the General Assembly that would call for the Commonwealth to study minting its own coins in order to compete with what he calls “the monopoly of the Federal Reserve System.”

“We can’t mint money, but we can mint gold and silver coins,” Marshall said Wednesday night. “It sounds like a small difference, but it is a difference legally."
I find it interesting that those who profess to be most interested in the Constitution don't seem to be able to remember what it says, or what it means.

And I also find it interesting that those who are not lawyers so often want to talk about what constitutions and laws mean "legally."

Anyway, what the Constitution actually says is that no state shall "coin Money."

Assuming that there is a "difference legally" between a state that does "coin Money" and a state that does "mint gold and silver coins," how can that difference possibly allow the state "to compete with what he calls 'the monopoly of the Federal Reserve System'" if the "minted coins" are not "Money"?

Inquiring Minds(r) want to know.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Take him to Arlington, walk him up the hill to Bobby Lee's house and point out the graves right next to the rose garden.

Then tell him this is what we did to one of the last people from Virginia who thought the states were free to choose what part of the federal they could abide. Oh, and the guy who USED to own this place was beofre the war one of the most respected men in America and after the war one of of the most loved men in at least a large part of America.

So, where's your house, got any other property????
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

from the U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 10, clause 1:

"No State shall .... coin money;...."

Did they repeal that while I was looking in the fridge for a brewski??
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

fortinbras wrote:from the U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 10, clause 1:

"No State shall .... coin money;...."

Did they repeal that while I was looking in the fridge for a brewski??
No; but I'm sure that the proposed Virginia coinage isn't covered by that prohibition because none of the designs on the (ahahaha) "coins" would use the word "money."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Evil Squirrel Overlord

Apparently the GOP is going to read the Constitution in Congress as part of a publicity stunt. Nothing wrong with that, but what parts do you suppose they will omit? 3/5ths of a person? "All persons born" in the 14th?

:thinking:
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Apparently the GOP is going to read the Constitution in Congress as part of a publicity stunt. Nothing wrong with that, but what parts do you suppose they will omit? 3/5ths of a person? "All persons born" in the 14th?

They did that yesterday, but the only detail I've read is that a birfer was arrested and charged with "unlawful conduct, disruption of Congress" for shouting "Except Obama, except Obama. Help us Jesus." after the reading of the natural born citizen requirement for the presidency.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Quixote wrote:
Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Apparently the GOP is going to read the Constitution in Congress as part of a publicity stunt. Nothing wrong with that, but what parts do you suppose they will omit? 3/5ths of a person? "All persons born" in the 14th?

They did that yesterday, but the only detail I've read is that a birfer was arrested and charged with "unlawful conduct, disruption of Congress" for shouting "Except Obama, except Obama. Help us Jesus." after the reading of the natural born citizen requirement for the presidency.
I saw a news headline on ABA Journal that said the slavery portions were left out.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

bmielke wrote:I saw a news headline on ABA Journal that said the slavery portions were left out.
Supposedly on the grounds that they were implicitly repealed by the 13th Amendment. (But they also left out the part about direct taxes being apportioned, which I think some Tea Party types would have liked to hear.)

I also heard that they read the amendment repealing prohibition, but not the prohibition amendment itself.

Also, two pages stuck together, and so Article 4 Section 4 and the first sentence of Article 5 were initially omitted, but then read into the record about two hours later.

Most interesting to me was that most representatives (including Speaker Boehner) left before the reading was completed.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Evil Squirrel Overlord

Yeah I can't see the reading to be all that exciting.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Where is Virginia to get all this gold and silver?
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Joey Smith wrote:Where is Virginia to get all this gold and silver?
From her sugar daddy :?:
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Haven't you heard, Gov Spottswood imported an entire colony of miners from Germany to mine all the silver he was sure was in VA.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.