Making it more profitable to dime out a tax cheat

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Making it more profitable to dime out a tax cheat

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Nikki

Re: Making it more profitable to dime out a tax cheat

Post by Nikki »

This might be a way for Doreen to dig her way out of her financial problems.
The new rules would qualify whistle-blowers for rewards if their tips prevent businesses or individuals from claiming illegitimate tax refunds. Whistle-blowers could also benefit if their information results in a company getting fewer tax credits.
All she has to do is turn over the LoserHeads membership list and copies of all of the victory posts (preferable the ones that the IRS and DoJ don't yet have).

Based on her hubby's tendancy to throw others under the bus, this shouldn't be difficult for her.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yes, but wouldn't that preclude the whistleblower being one of the throwees, since she's already in the soup as it were?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

I have one I'd love to report just on the principle that I don't like the guy. He's a complete tool and a CTC follower and advocate. I've never done it because I figured turning him in wouldn't really result in anything. But, reading the article, maybe I will now just for fun.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Personally I would probably never turn a tax cheat in for a reward. I would turn in a tax protestor or a tax professional who has corrupted others through gaming the system. The social consequences of illegal tax protesting are substantial therefore I regard exposing it a moral imperative as with threats to life, liberty and property. I am a tolerant person but I have limits when I encounter dishonesty. Not that reporting illegal activity does any good--you have to have proof for government to move forward, and there are usually hundreds of complaints before a government agency or consumer watchdog does anything.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)