This opinion is a hoot

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: This opinion is a hoot

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:...
Tell that to the US Air Force. lol

I don't know about 2day, but back in the 60's and the early 70's, it was a standard practice for Officers in the Air Force to put their thumb print on their military ID b4 it was laminated.
Do you know why that was done?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
GoldandSilverEagles

Post by GoldandSilverEagles »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
GoldandSilverEagles wrote:...
Tell that to the US Air Force. lol

I don't know about 2day, but back in the 60's and the early 70's, it was a standard practice for Officers in the Air Force to put their thumb print on their military ID b4 it was laminated.
Do you know why that was done?
Factually, no. I never inquired. I can speculate that it likely had to do with a higher level of security, but that's just a guess.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

So what has this got to do with putting your thumbprint on the pages of an affidavit? Nothing - except that it is another example of sovereign cititards finding some irrelevant detail and quoting it out of context as "the law". I'm surprised more judges haven't asked for psychiatric evaluations of the sovereign cititards who come before them, as most of them can't seem to be able to decide what their own names are.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Paul

Post by Paul »

Paul wrote:
That was for identification. "This picture and this printed name and this signature and this print all belong to the same person." I guess you really do have issues comprehending the world around you.
Google the definition for document. An identification card, an "ID" fits within the definition.
Like I said, a comprehension problem. The point is that the print was not used to somehow authenticate the document. Like the picture of the person, it serves to identify him.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

As if our resident idiot could detect the difference.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

In any case, she got it WRONG :!:

The thumb print goes on the bottom-right of the front of the page AND in the same location on the back AFTER a diagonal line is drawn from top-left to bottom-right on the back.

She also failed to affix the Red Fox stamp (diagonally) at the bottom of the last page, thereby rendering the entire document moot.

(edited to correct typo)
Last edited by Nikki on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

She also failed to affix the Red Fox stamp (diagonally) at the bottom of the last page, thereby rendering the entire document moot.
An error so common it even has a nickname, the "you big dummy" omission. In some jurisdictions the stamp they use when denoting it even shows a 1951 Ford F1 Pickup on it.

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
triumphguy2
Swabby
Swabby

Post by triumphguy2 »

Factually, no. I never inquired. I can speculate that it likely had to do with a higher level of security, but that's just a guess.
Sorry, no. It's just identification. I had the same ID card (with fingerprints) when I was commissioned as when I got a Top Secret clearance, or when I changed billets, or when I went into the Reserves.