Browns make CNN

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Browns make CNN

Post by Joey Smith »

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The neighbors should set up a public access golf course on their property. BYOB. The town could quickly put through some kind of emergency ordinance (I really don't know if that's the right word) to make it legal and everything. Ed can file grievances all he wants, but he'd be outvoted hands-down. Ordinance ends when Ed is off the property. I'd totally take up golfing.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

webhick wrote:Honestly, I've probably seen the group in passing and they just didn't make enough of an impression to stick.
Not surprising. Their goal was to have 20,000 people move to NH by the end of 2006. So far only 204 people have actually moved.
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

webhick wrote:The neighbors should set up a public access golf course on their property. BYOB. The town could quickly put through some kind of emergency ordinance (I really don't know if that's the right word) to make it legal and everything. Ed can file grievances all he wants, but he'd be outvoted hands-down. Ordinance ends when Ed is off the property. I'd totally take up golfing.
Good idea. But golf courses take a long time to set up, and their presence won't annoy the Browns in any way. You build a golf course in their backyard, you're just raising their property value. We need something that's easy to set up, easy to remove once the Browns are out, and far more obnoxious.

I suggest an outdoor concert venue. Put up a cheap sound stage, point a big speaker right at the Browns' bedroom window, and book the loudest and worst music acts imaginable. The first two could be Motley Crue and Insane Clown Posse.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

TheSaint wrote:
webhick wrote:The neighbors should set up a public access golf course on their property. BYOB. The town could quickly put through some kind of emergency ordinance (I really don't know if that's the right word) to make it legal and everything. Ed can file grievances all he wants, but he'd be outvoted hands-down. Ordinance ends when Ed is off the property. I'd totally take up golfing.
Good idea. But golf courses take a long time to set up, and their presence won't annoy the Browns in any way. You build a golf course in their backyard, you're just raising their property value. We need something that's easy to set up, easy to remove once the Browns are out, and far more obnoxious.
I used the wrong wording. Just driving ranges. Not a real golf course. It's all just a rouse to chuck golf balls onto the Browns property. Nothing to set up. Just let people into your backyard with a bucket of golf balls and a golf club and let them have at it.

I suggest an outdoor concert venue. Put up a cheap sound stage, point a big speaker right at the Browns' bedroom window, and book the loudest and worst music acts imaginable. The first two could be Motley Crue and Insane Clown Posse.
And acts that would offend Ed's "good Christian values". Marilyn Manson. Ozzy Osborne. Oh! Donny Osmond!
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:
I don't know if I like the "Squirrel Cannon Warfare" comment, anyway.

The squirrels are building a cannon to wage war on the chipmunks who are stealing squirrelly attention for their kamikaze stunts on cars. That's squirrel territory and the chipmunks are encroaching. The cannon will be chucking acorns and field mice. If you would like a certified copy of the department report, I will be happy to forward that along to you.

Quote:
Isn't blockading these individuals inside "Festung Braun" just feeding their resolve and popularity. Isn't there a way to "smoke" them out like good libertarians such as opening a tannery upwind? After all, it is their right to operate a tannery.

Right on!
You need to switch resource from the "Squirrel Cannon Warfare" project to the "Skunk Missile Trebuchet" program.
:twisted:
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Hmmm. I think a hostage extraction would be appropriate before all these drastic and draconian measures are taken.

We gotta' get the poor doggy out of there.
John J. Bulten

Post by John J. Bulten »

Demosthenes wrote:Their goal was to have 20,000 people move to NH by the end of 2006. So far only 204 people have actually moved.
Sorry, Demo, the goal was actually to have 20,000 agree (by Sep 2006) to move within 5 years of reaching 20,000. The actual registration at that date was over 7,200, or 36% of goal. And the homepage, which you previously linked, shows 458 have already established themselves in NH (even though there is no requirement for anyone to move if 20,000 is not reached). Only 100 or so of these were already resident in NH at the time of vote (but willing to move elsewhere if the vote had so indicated). So even being charitable, both characterizations are incorrect.

http://www.freestateproject.org/org/faq
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

webhick wrote:I used the wrong wording. Just driving ranges. Not a real golf course. It's all just a rouse to chuck golf balls onto the Browns property. Nothing to set up. Just let people into your backyard with a bucket of golf balls and a golf club and let them have at it.
Ehh, I'd hate to waste good range balls on the Browns. But replace 'driving range' with 'gun range' and you have my full support.
webhick wrote:And acts that would offend Ed's "good Christian values". Marilyn Manson. Ozzy Osborne. Oh! Donny Osmond!
You have to keep in mind that we're putting the performers at risk. Ed could retaliate with gunfire at any time. So we have to stick to performers that nobody would miss if they died. Ideally, we want performers that society would celebrate the death of: Paris Hilton, Carrot Top, William Hung, people like that.

Come to think of it, filming a season of American Idol in Ed Brown's background would be ideal. The potential targets would be Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell, and a bunch of people who dream of being the next Taylor Hicks. If gunfire does occur, there's really no way for it to turn out badly.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

I'm thinking if we have a bbq, why not a good old fashioned fire pit... I'll bring the radial tires.

As for trebuchets, having worked in remote areas for the Feds, I am positive that some BLM Medievalist is pulling one out of the storage barn wispering, "Finally".

The trebuchet is probably circa 1976 with a faded line drawing of the Signing of the Declaration of Independence on the sling.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

From the FSP website:
FSP Membership Migration Status
Updated June 21, 2007

Note: This data is being accumulated through our new Members Section, so until more members update their profile this table will be incomplete.

Moving Plans Members Percentage Percentage of FSP Membership

Within 2 years 878 24.21 11.48
ASAP after reaching 20k members 816 22.50 10.67
Within 5 years of reaching 20k 618 17.04 8.08
Undecided 854 23.55 11.16
Moved to NH 204 5.63 2.67
Previous Resident of NH 256 7.06 3.35
Only 204 people have made the move and they can't agree on anything.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

John J. Bulten wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Their goal was to have 20,000 people move to NH by the end of 2006. So far only 204 people have actually moved.
Sorry, Demo, the goal was actually to have 20,000 agree (by Sep 2006) to move within 5 years of reaching 20,000. The actual registration at that date was over 7,200, or 36% of goal. And the homepage, which you previously linked, shows 458 have already established themselves in NH (even though there is no requirement for anyone to move if 20,000 is not reached). Only 100 or so of these were already resident in NH at the time of vote (but willing to move elsewhere if the vote had so indicated). So even being charitable, both characterizations are incorrect.

http://www.freestateproject.org/org/faq
But being very independent you might wonder how many would actually move to New Hampshire.
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

John J. Bulten wrote:Sorry, Demo, the goal was actually to have 20,000 agree (by Sep 2006) to move within 5 years of reaching 20,000.
Did anybody read a census before they hatched this plan? The state of New Hampshire gains almost 14,000 citizens a year from net births, immigration, and migration from other states. Even if this silly project did succeed in getting 20,000 people to relocate, it would do little more than skew New Hampshire's growth rates.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Dang, I clicked on the icon marked "We Moved" on the FSP website and the very first names on the list include a guy who spent years in prison for murdering someone.
Ian and Mark of Free Talk Live 9/6/06 The Free Talk Live hosts Ian and Mark make the move! Ian explains the joys of property ownership and the woes of dealing with tenants, and they are welcomed by a variety of fellow FSPers. Listen to it now on our podcast page!
Mark calls himself Mark Edge on Free Talk Live but his real name is Mark Edgington.
Bradenton Herald, The (FL)
September 1, 1989
Section: Local
Edition: Final
Page: B1

MANAGER'S KILLERS PLEAD NO CONTEST
Kate Murphy Herald Staff Writer

Two men charged in the death of a motel manager last year pleaded no contest Thursday to second-degree murder charges.

Assistant State Attorney Peter Dubensky said the plea agreements were not "something we were happy about.''
He said conflicting stories told by the two defendants made it a question "of who do you believe.''

Circuit Judge Thomas Gallen sentenced Carmen Tungate to 30 years in state prison in the death of Econo Lodge Mo tel manager Ballapuran Umakanthan in June 1988. Tungate, 20, who has no known address, had been indicted on a first-degree murder.

Charges of grand theft, uttering a forged document and lewd and lascivious behavior were dropped against Tungate as part of the deal, said Steve Lewis, Tungate's attorney.

Mark A. Edgington, 18, of 5528 20th St. W., was sentenced to 25 years in state prison. He previously was charged with accessory to murder after the fact, but that charge was upgraded earlier this month.

Tungate entered the court room hesitantly. His hands were clasped behind his back as he stood before the judge.

He answered questions from the judge in a barely audible voice.

Ellis was pleased with the deal his client received.

"There are always risks going to trial,'' Ellis said. "They made him a very reasonable deal.''

After Umakanthan, 37, was strangled early in the morning of June 29 in a room at the motel at 6727 14th St. W., Edgington was arrested on the accessory charge.

Authorities issued a warrant for Tungate.

Luck ran out for Tungate in February when he was arrested in Virginia. He reportedly was trying to obtain a fraudulent birth certificate.

Tungate was fired or quit work as a day clerk at the motel after stealing money from the job, authorities. The grand theft charges stem from that, officials said.

Tungate planned the murder of Umakanthan, renting a room at the Econo Lodge and concocting a scheme to lure the motel manager to the room, authorities said.

Umakanthan came to the room because of a complaint about a faulty air conditioner, authorities said.

Edgington told detectives he and Tungate wrapped Umakanthan's body in a bedspread and moved it to another part of the room. They planned to get rid of the body, but decided to leave when they spotted a sheriff's patrol car near the motel.

The two men hopped into a car and drove to Tampa International Airport, where Tungate caught a flight out of Florida, authorities said.

Edgington was arrested the next day at Southeast High School, where he was attending summer school classes.

He remained free until private investigators for Tungate's attorney uncovered information that Edgington's role in the slaying was different than what authorities had first believed, authorities said.

Edgington made statements to two people that he had strangled Umakanthan with his hands, Ellis said.

"Few people knew (Umakanthan) had been manually strangled,'' Ellis said.

Prosecutors filed the second-degree murder charge against Edgington on Aug. 14.

Dubensky said that if the plea agreement had not worked out he was prepared to take Edgington's case to a grand jury.

Ellis said his client "regrets the pain he has caused Uma's family.''

Umakanthan's brother walked from the court room moments after Gallen passed the sentences on the two men.

"I'm glad it is all behind us now,'' he said.
Mark's cohost Ian is an Ed Brown supporter.
John J. Bulten

Post by John J. Bulten »

Thanks, Demo, I didn't turn up your source on my first pass, which I see is http://www.freestateproject.org/about/move_plans.php. I relied on http://www.freestateproject.org/news/re ... elease.php instead, where the number of NH members was given as "over 100" (i.e. less than 200); and under the rules, after the vote, new interested parties from NH were only permitted to be supporters, not members, because membership entails willingness to move to at least one state besides your own. So this number has not changed.

I would think your and my results are reconciled best by the fact that yours are based on partially-supplied new member responses to move plans, while mine are based on required-entry current states of all members at time of vote, so are necessarily more accurate. But this is mooted by my other observations, particularly the fact that no one is required to move if the goal is not reached.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

John J. Bulten wrote:Thanks, Demo, I didn't turn up your source on my first pass, which I see is http://www.freestateproject.org/about/move_plans.php. I relied on http://www.freestateproject.org/news/re ... elease.php instead, where the number of NH members was given as "over 100" (i.e. less than 200); and under the rules, after the vote, new interested parties from NH were only permitted to be supporters, not members, because membership entails willingness to move to at least one state besides your own. So this number has not changed.

I would think your and my results are reconciled best by the fact that yours are based on partially-supplied new member responses to move plans, while mine are based on required-entry current states of all members at time of vote, so are necessarily more accurate. But this is mooted by my other observations, particularly the fact that no one is required to move if the goal is not reached.
John, you're missing the point. Webhick (who loves in NH) said she hadn't run across the group, and I said not surprising considering that only 204 people in the project had actually moved to NH.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:Webhick (who loves in NH)
OK, but where does she live?

For certain activities, does she actually cross state lines?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

I can't believe they are still around. I remember hearing about that group on NPR a couple years ago. The spokesman was trying to explain how city services would just magically occur in the free market system. Oh...and parks.....when money could be made from them. He sounded like he needed a good dose of high school econ. but he also sounded like he might not have been old enough for it, too.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

wserra wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Webhick (who loves in NH)
OK, but where does she live?

For certain activities, does she actually cross state lines?
The DVD will cost you...
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

TheSaint wrote:You have to keep in mind that we're putting the performers at risk. Ed could retaliate with gunfire at any time. So we have to stick to performers that nobody would miss if they died. Ideally, we want performers that society would celebrate the death of: Paris Hilton, Carrot Top, William Hung, people like that.

Come to think of it, filming a season of American Idol in Ed Brown's background would be ideal. The potential targets would be Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell, and a bunch of people who dream of being the next Taylor Hicks. If gunfire does occur, there's really no way for it to turn out badly.
American Idol, hell!

This is the perfect venue for the next season of Survivor.

Multiple "tribes": NH Free State nuts, assorted TPs gleaned from the records of the Tax Court, Texas Secessionists, a bunch of MS13, and a crew Ed's supporters.

Let the eliminations only run down to the tribe (not individual) level with the grand prize being Ed's house (the network has to pay the outstanding taxes to get it)

No more tropical isles -- just a good New England winter.