Courts Too Corrupt to Fool

Paul

Courts Too Corrupt to Fool

Post by Paul »

Today's Tax Notes Today included the decision in VI Derivatives LLC et al. v. United States; No. 3:06-cv-00012, where some clever tax honesty types tried to trick the court by claiming to be exempt from federal income tax because they're residents of the Virgin Islands, obviously hoping the court would give the show away by blurting out the secret truth that ONLY residents of the Virgin Islands are taxable. But the court was so corrupt it didn't even pay attention, and just followed its standard script: recite the argument, declare it to be wrong, and hold them taxable. Maybe if they had claimed to be gunsmiths, it would have worked?
Pangea

Re: Courts Too Corrupt to Fool

Post by Pangea »

Or vampires. I understand that income tax is voluntary for vampires.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Pangea wrote:Or vampires. I understand that income tax is voluntary for vampires.

Did anyone explain that to Wesley Snipes?!
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

They did, but he used the wrong magic words and the prosecutor had holy water.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Pangea

Post by Pangea »

fortinbras wrote:
Pangea wrote:Or vampires. I understand that income tax is voluntary for vampires.

Did anyone explain that to Wesley Snipes?!
Of course. The problem is that nobody explained it to the judge. And Wesley Snipes was a Day-Walker. Not the same benefits of a vampire, but less liability than mere mortals. Enough to not feel sucked dry, as it were, by the IRS.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Paul wrote:Maybe if they had claimed to be gunsmiths, it would have worked?
No, they have gotten the whole schmeer wrong. The way the Illuminati puts people into the position of being liable for the income tax is by changing their IMF codes to reflect that they are citizens of the Virgin Islands and gunsmiths. So the plaintiffs were clearly being idiots by assisting the lawyer in black rob- er, the judge by claiming to be VI citizens. After that faux pas, all it took was one punch of the computer button instead of two to make them liable for the tax.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff