Fair trial

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Fair trial

Post by Gregg »

Maybe he's just an asshole who no longer merits our attention.

You can lead a horse to water, but it's hard as hell to hold one under long enough to drown.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Gregg wrote:Maybe he's just an asshole who no longer merits our attention.

You can lead a horse to water, but it's hard as hell to hold one under long enough to drown.
I'm more thinking Dorothy Parker's "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think ".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:I'm more thinking Dorothy Parker's "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think ".

I really do like that, I keep forgetting how right on top of things DP was.

In this case it was the Civics classes that Spidey slept through or skipped, but same idea.

Spidey's problem is, as CKB has so correctly pointed out, is the same one that has plagued ole Prattlin' Pete all these years, the courts don't agree with him, therefore they must be wrong and corrupt, not the simpler answer is that he is the one who is not only wrong, but dead wrong.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

What Spidey fails to understand is that it is the very judges themselves who vehemently demand that their position remains independent, because they recognise that it is essential, and they insist that they do stay independent. I can only speak of the situation in the UK, where judges' decisions often find against the government, and I believe the situation to be much the same in the US.
Until Spidey and his ilk can appreciate the judiciary consider their independence paramount, any attempt at reasoning with these people falls on deaf ears.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And of course, Spidey does refuse to acknowledge that the courts not only can, but do find against the gov't all the time, and say in no uncertain terms that the gov't is wrong on some issue. The problem Spidey has is that they won't agree with his version of the universe, and so they are therefore corrupt and biased.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.