SubVet finds silver bullet -- in foot

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: SubVet finds silver bullet -- in foot

Post by The Observer »

The Operative wrote:. It is very probable that if the IRS decided to pursue foreclosure that he and his wife would end up with nothing other than having a large portion of his tax bill satisfied.
That would depend on how the property is held by Subvet and his wife under Florida state laws.
Given the fact that SFRs are typically done as separate assessments, a scenario is possible where the IRS would only seize Subvet's ownership in the property and sell that, leaving the wife's interest alone. Of course, if she has separate unpaid assessments, then her interest would be subject to the same type of seizure and sale actions.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:It might explain something about his mental state if he's been a deck swabber on a submarine.... :Axe:
Um...they do swab decks in submarines, Arthur.

In fact the Navy is more fastidious about cleaning on a submarine than they are cleaning on a surface vessel and for good reason.

You're stuck in a metal tube for months on end, no daylight, nearly zero privacy and with a hundred or so sailors who also happen to be just as annoyed (or moreso) at filthy conditions.

Case in point:

And that's if you're lucky to have crew quarters (though it's a lead pipe cinch these guys are hot-racking). Most sailors on a submarine have to make due with whatever accomidations they can scrape out for themselves in whichever section they're working in.

Like this poor bastard who has to make due with sleeping in the torpedo room:

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I have heard of US submarine sailors who slept among the torpedos, but it wasn't necessarily a hardship. Sometimes they either snored or had shipmates who did.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:It might explain something about his mental state if he's been a deck swabber on a submarine.... :Axe:
Um...they do swab decks in submarines, Arthur.
I'm sure they do, but I assume the outside doesn't get done as often as inside. You'll tell me they don't have cat-flaps next...
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self