The King is dead, long live the King!

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

The King is dead, long live the King!

Post by Gregg »

Depending on how much anyone who knows what buttons to push is paying attention anymore, it's fairly obvious that the King of Stupid Theories, Skankbeat is on his way out over at Lost horizons, possibly to go Pablo on them and start his own tax denier cult site, or maybe to just fade away like old homeless soldiers. That being said, and of course the original Rex rgis of Bardus being currently unavailable (he is in service to the government in some taxxable capacity), I'd like to nominate a new "Pig Stupid Supreme".

What provoked me to this is my nomination, Justinprime, making this incredibly stupid string of words,
Tparty76, I'm glad you asked this. I've been going back to basics recently and have been wondering this myself. Where is that taxable activity line? We know that it involves the federal government, no question ('or a "State", which is the feds). So no matter what it is we're trying to decide, we need to ask, "Does this involve the feds in any way?" If so, then "Am i engaging in a privilege? What privilege?" When it comes to working for yourself, that should be pretty obvious. But as far as others, they should know if they are merely using their right to work or working for the feds in some capacity.

As far as rents go... my assumption would be that if an entity were incorporated under the laws of the "United States" that the privilege the entity is exercising is the privilege of having the corporate status, being a lawfully-recognized artificial entity, with the consent of the feds. Any profits made from, derived from, such status falls under "income". I honestly don't know what would constitute a profit from renting though.

Hope that helps. I'm still figuring out the nuances as well.
Indeed you are Justin, indeed. Let me just make one comment here. The next time you quote "the Supreme Court Decision" say that "the 16th Amendment gave Congress no newe power to tax" read the whole damn case. That way you'll know, that the 16 amendment may not have given the congress new powers to tax income (they had that power all along) but it was passed pretty much because of a Supreme Court Decision about RENT and whether RENT was income and as such, taxable. The 16th amendment cleared that up, making RENTS, along with any other money that come in from any source (not borrowed) or not specifically excluded, income. Taxable income.

And while I'm ranting, I can clear up that "what federal privileges" question for you, too. Cashing a paycheck is the federal privilege that makes money they pay you to work taxable. You can work for free, you can live on tax free munis, you can make less than the minimum amount, or you can pay taxes. Anything else is pretty much gonna create problems for you down the line.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: The King is dead, long live the King!

Post by The Observer »

Gregg wrote:...Rex rgis of Bardus...
How about Rex regis of Retardus?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: The King is dead, long live the King!

Post by Gregg »

The Observer wrote:
Gregg wrote:...Rex rgis of Bardus...
How about Rex regis of Retardus?
If he ever gets 250 posts we'll have to save that for him.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.