Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Crackhead et ux. Plumb New Depths of Stupidity

Post by Gregg »

CaptainKickback wrote:Quixote - the IRS likely will NOT round file any further gibberish letter. Rather they will commit it to the hard file with a cover memo detailing why it will not be responded to and a copy of the cover memo and letter will be comitted to electronic storage as well.

You DO NOT throw out/put in the circular file any of that stuff, because you may need it later when the DOJ drops the hammer on the guy.

But that is just the musings of a private sector bureaocrat/cube dweller.
What he said. They don't toss it, they just don't respond. The physical disposition of it involves containment vessels, haz mat suits, employees being punished, interns being hazed and tongs.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Quixote wrote:Crackhead WatchmanOnTheTower needs help understanding an IRS letter. Maybe justinprime will read this and pass it along.
Well gang, the next salvo has arrived in the form of LTR 3175C, which I have posted below. I have copied it in its entirety for your edification, and also to hopefully generate a discussion on a good next move.

The weird thing is, the letter doesn't seem to actually tell me to do anything or tell me what Auntie Iris is going to do next.
(Emphasis added)

The IRS's letter is clearly a one size fits all boilerplate tax denier response. It is much longer than it needs to be, so Watchman may have missed the third paragraph.
If you persist in sending frivolous correspondence, we will not continue to respond to it. Our lack of response to further correspondence does not in any way convey agreement or acceptance of the arguments advanced. If you desire to comply with the law concerning your tax liability, you are encouraged to seek advice from a reputable tax practitioner or attorney.
Watchman, the IRS wants you to stop sending them gibberish. They will be consigning any further gibberish you send to the circular file. They also want you to pay your damn taxes. If you need any further help in translating from bureaucratese to moronish, let me know.

The title of the thread is "I pulled the pin!" and now the guy is wondering why it's blowing up in his face....
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Yet another LH moron wrote:Well gang, the next salvo has arrived in the form of LTR 3175C, which I have posted below. I have copied it in its entirety for your edification, and also to hopefully generate a discussion on a good next move.
Well, so far, you have been moving backwards. I should warn you that right behind you is the "Cliff of Permanent Financial Ruin". Watch that next step, it's a doozy.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Gregg wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:Quixote - the IRS likely will NOT round file any further gibberish letter. Rather they will commit it to the hard file with a cover memo detailing why it will not be responded to and a copy of the cover memo and letter will be comitted to electronic storage as well.

You DO NOT throw out/put in the circular file any of that stuff, because you may need it later when the DOJ drops the hammer on the guy.

But that is just the musings of a private sector bureaocrat/cube dweller.
What he said. They don't toss it, they just don't respond. The physical disposition of it involves containment vessels, haz mat suits, employees being punished, interns being hazed and tongs.
It is more likely than not that the letter will be roundfiled and not kept. Contrary to the opinions of a number of people in this nation, the IRS does not maintain a lifetime file of taxpayers and the correspondence they send in. Unless WOTT had already gotten a case opened on him in terms of an criminal investigation, examination audit or an ACS/field collection, the correspondence is not going to be maintained or forwarded - despite how important WOTT might think his gibberish is.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

That's a good point. Don't you think he's cute though, thinking that a form letter is written just for HIM, and posting it in it's entirety, like everyone else on LH doesn't have their own copy anyhow.

I also have to bite my lip that so many of the experts tossing in to help him know what they do because not only do they have that one already, but they even know the 3-4 that come after it, because they got those too.