Set your DVR's

LOBO

Set your DVR's

Post by LOBO »

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42154647/THE_AME ... APRIL_14TH
"The American Tax Cheat" will premiere on Thursday, April 14th at 9pm ET. The documentary will repeat that evening at 10pm ET, 12am ET and 1am ET.

The show will also air on Sunday, April 17th at 10pm ET.

"The American Tax Cheat"

Hundreds of billions of dollars escape IRS collections every year. So who is the American tax cheat secretly keeping their cash while the rest of us have to pony up? Why do so many people believe that cheating on your taxes is morally ok? From actor Wesley Snipes to a Las Vegas pimp to a middle class couple-- Americans of all kinds have had serious run-ins with the IRS.

In "The American Tax Cheat," reported by CNBC's Becky Quick, CNBC investigates how this widespread tax evasion lands businessmen in prison, celebrities in hot water, and citizens in fear and desperation.

We’ll also meet the law enforcement side of the IRS, CPAs with a gun and a badge that investigate criminal tax evasion with the same zeal that brought down Al Capone. They’ll hunt for income in overseas accounts, the secret vaults of criminals and even your checking account. CNBC goes inside the IRS's Forensic lab in Chicago to see how Special Agents use CSI technology to uncover even the most hidden evidence of tax fraud. From celebrities to the working class, no one is immune from an IRS investigator. Whether you think cheating is right or wrong, with hundreds of billions at stake, the IRS has a job to do.
Paul

Re: Set your DVR's

Post by Paul »

From actor Wesley Snipes to a Las Vegas pimp
I didn't know Schiff had a day job . . .
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Paul wrote:
Wouldn't that be a night job? Not that I would know anything about the subject.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

IRWIN A SCHIFF #08537-014
Projected release date: 10-07-2016

Irwin? At age 88, 5 years or so from now if he makes it that long?

Maybe he can pimp his book. More likely, if he ever gets out that he'll find a way to pick up indictment #4. Go down fighting. Stand tall, morons.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
wvfoos
Quatloos Destroyer of Lives (Level 1)

Post by wvfoos »

Paul wrote:

His crack about "I could be dead wrong on this," has become a commonly used catchphrase around my office.
Please... I go through everyone's trash.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Well shoot, Petey wasn't even important enough for a footnote in the show. Must suck to be that unimportant in the world of tax cheats. Of course I'm sure the omission will somehow be seen as a victory for his supporters and evidence that the IRS doesn't really consider CTC to be a tax cheater method.

All in all, it was a pretty interesting show.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Becky Quick of CNBC did a great job in the hour program. They covered a lot of territory.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)