It's always a laugh with the CTCers

ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

It's always a laugh with the CTCers

Post by ashlynne39 »

A fun new thread was started by TParty about how to do a certificate of sevice. Is it a requirement of tax protestors and sovereign citizens to make things exponentially more difficult and crazy than they actually are. Here is TParty's take on the certificate of service:
Getting ready to file for 2010. This is my first time for a CTC return. I am going to have my girlfriend witness the certificate. This is how I understand it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Go to PO.
Prepare to send return via Certified Mail.
Have GF witness the contents.
Have GF write the certified mail number on each document enclosed.
Have GF list each document on Certificate Of Service.
Have GF put all documents into envelope and mail for me.

Now, is it my girlfriends name that appears on the certificate?
Does my name appear anywhere on this thing?
Do I enclose a copy of the certificate, or do I just keep it as evidence?
Finally, am I leaving anything out of this?
Girlfriend better hope her name doesn't get put on any of the documents. Avoiding being linked with one of these nuts would be my first order of business.

But then there is the response by Endthefed:
AFFIDAVIT OF MAILING

I am over the age of eighteen years, and, on May 19, 2010, I mailed ENDtheFED’s 1980 1040X and the following attachments: Frivolous Statements Meant to Delay and Impede the IRS consisting of 1200 pages, by depositing this notice, and the aforementioned documents in an official depository under the exclusive care and custody of the United States Postal Service, in Bumfrick, Idaho via Certified Mail# 0000 0000 0000 0000 0001, addressed as follows:

IRSS
123 Main Street N. W.
Washington, D. C. 20217

EtF’s Mainsqueeze
Apparently Endthefed's main squeeze has no issue linking her name with his.

Seriously, whateverhappened to the basic: On the ___ day of ____, 2011, I served the following documents on ______ by certified mail number ______.

And sign your own dadgum name to the certificate of service.

These people are all kinds of paranoid.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: It's always a laugh with the CTCers

Post by LPC »

For reasons that I obviously can't explain, I was once (peripherally) involved in a personal income tax return that reported more than $100,000,000 in gross income, and a tax liability of more than $10,000,000, for which no estimated taxes had been paid (and none were required).

When I first saw the return, my first reaction was that they had accidentally put the taxpayer's SSN where the gross income was supposed to go.

After much internal debate about the pros and cons of certified mail (bearing in mind that the interest on the "float" of the check for the tax liability was significant, so the question was whether certified mail was faster or slower than regular first class mail), the decision was finally made that a representative of the accounting firm and a representative of the law firm would meet at noon at the center of town on April 15, deposit the tax return in a mail box, and then sign affidavits to that effect.

An office pool then started on when the check for the tax owed would clear.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

LPC wrote: When I first saw the return, my first reaction was that they had accidentally put the taxpayer's SSN where the gross income was supposed to go.
I've had math error calls like that.

"Instead of entering your interest income on line 8a, you entered your zip code."

Some people just weren't meant to use TurboTax.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

LPC wrote: After much internal debate about the pros and cons of certified mail (bearing in mind that the interest on the "float" of the check for the tax liability was significant, so the question was whether certified mail was faster or slower than regular first class mail), the decision was finally made that a representative of the accounting firm and a representative of the law firm would meet at noon at the center of town on April 15, deposit the tax return in a mail box, and then sign affidavits to that effect.
Maybe I'm just dense, but why not just walk the check down to the nearest IRS office? All the bother with mailing, waiting for it to clear, etc.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Ragnar wrote:
Maybe I'm just dense, but why not just walk the check down to the nearest IRS office? All the bother with mailing, waiting for it to clear, etc.
I would have at least taken it to a post office and sent it Certified/RRR.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Ragnar wrote:
LPC wrote: After much internal debate about the pros and cons of certified mail (bearing in mind that the interest on the "float" of the check for the tax liability was significant, so the question was whether certified mail was faster or slower than regular first class mail), the decision was finally made that a representative of the accounting firm and a representative of the law firm would meet at noon at the center of town on April 15, deposit the tax return in a mail box, and then sign affidavits to that effect.
At just 3% APR the interest is $821 a day, why net let it set in mail bins, on desks, in float for a week, maybe catch a weekend bracket at get 10 days out of it?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ashlynne39

Post by ashlynne39 »

How about just sticking it in the mail in a timely fashion
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Gregg wrote:
Ragnar wrote:Maybe I'm just dense, but why not just walk the check down to the nearest IRS office? All the bother with mailing, waiting for it to clear, etc.
At just 3% APR the interest is $821 a day, why net let it set in mail bins, on desks, in float for a week, maybe catch a weekend bracket at get 10 days out of it?
Exactly. Interest rates were much higher at the time, and the liability was in the millions. We wanted some evidence of timely mailing, but didn't want to speed up the delivery, or the processing of the return.

My recollection is that it took about two weeks for the check to clear.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

ashlynne39 wrote:How about just sticking it in the mail in a timely fashion
Oh, you wanna be real sure you have proof you mailed it, if it gets lost and you don't, the penalties are based on the amount owed, too.

And in my other post I said 3%. Surely anyone with $100M does better than 3%, and I know the IRS gets better than that.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ashlynne39

Post by ashlynne39 »

Gregg wrote:
ashlynne39 wrote:How about just sticking it in the mail in a timely fashion
Oh, you wanna be real sure you have proof you mailed it, if it gets lost and you don't, the penalties are based on the amount owed, too.

And in my other post I said 3%. Surely anyone with $100M does better than 3%, and I know the IRS gets better than that.

And certified mail or a certificate of service would do that. But all the shananigans and machinations these nuts at losthorizons are going through are excessive an unneccessary. Slap a certified mail receipt on it, make a copy for your own records and stick it in the mail in a timely fashion. Short of personally taking it to the IRS office yourself there isn't a better solution
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

A CTC return is classified on such a way as to not show up in some transcripts the lost heads are getting through FOIA bs they pull, I don't know whether the IRS physically tosses them, which I doubt, but they are not accepted as returns, or they don't show up as such. There was a period where they all got their super secret reports and concluded it was a big conspiracy that the IRS was playing "the dog ate it" to keep them from admitting the truth and giving them there refunds. So, stupid and distracting strategy #387 was to pin down exactly how and when the IRS gets what they file. It is not uncommon to see some of them proclaiming they took it in person and the IRS refused to process it while they waited, further evidence that the IRS knows the crackeheads are right, but can't admit it.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

LOBO wrote:Some people just weren't meant to use TurboTax.
I figure if TurboTax says I get a little money back, or owe a little money, then I did it right. On the other hand, if it says I get back more than I made, or need to pay more than my house is worth, than I goofed somewhere.