The Tale of the Plumber's Wife's Husband

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

The Tale of the Plumber's Wife's Husband

Post by LPC »

This is definitely a CtC-inspired indictment (evidence in next posting), but it's strange because it looks like the Crackhead "caused his wife" (a federal employee, oddly enough) to do stupid things, and then he (not his wife) got indicted.
US Department of Justice wrote:DC-AREA PLUMBER CHARGED WITH OBSTRUCTING THE IRS

Annandale, Va., Resident Indicted for Tax Crimes

THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2011

WASHINGTON -- Richard Jaensch, a resident of Annandale, Va., has been indicted by a Alexandria, Va., federal grand jury with one count of corruptly endeavoring to impede the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), one count of filing a false claim for a refund and four counts of failing to file a tax return for 2004 through 2007, the Justice Department and the IRS announced today.

According to the indictment, Richard Jaensch, a self-employed plumber, failed to file personal income tax returns between 2001 and 2007, despite the fact that he was required to do so by law. Between 2002 and October 2009, Jaensch obstructed and impeded the IRS by, among other acts: filing numerous documents and pleadings in Fairfax County, Va.; claiming, that he and his wife, a federal employee, were not persons required to file federal income tax returns; that his wife was not a party to the Constitution of the "united States of America" (sic) and that she was not a taxpayer; providing false information to the IRS; and filing with the IRS a false 2008 federal income tax return, Form 1040.

In addition, Jaensch caused his wife to yearly present a letter to her employer directing them to stop withholding federal income taxes from her salary. The IRS began levying his wife's paycheck and bank accounts to satisfy her outstanding tax liability, and Jaensch continued his obstructive conduct by filing or causing his wife to file correspondence with the IRS claiming that the IRS could not instruct her employer to withhold taxes from her paycheck. In addition, in April 2009, Jaensch electronically filed with the IRS a false 2008 individual income tax return claiming a tax refund of $774,052, which he knew to be false and fraudulent.

An indictment is merely a formal charge by the grand jury. The defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in U.S. District Court. If convicted, the defendant faces a maximum potential sentence of 12 years in prison. The court has not yet set a trial date.

This case was investigated by IRS-Criminal Investigation and is being prosecuted by Department of Justice's Tax Division Trial Attorney Caryn Finley and Assistant U.S. Attorney Gene Rossi.

More information about the Justice Department's Tax Division and its enforcement efforts is available at http://www.usdoj.gov/tax/.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC

Re: The Tale of the Plumber's Wife's Husband

Post by LPC »

One of the endorsements in Cracking the Code (and also quoted in several places on the LH website):
"Your book is exhaustively researched and a must have for anyone who is considering removing the government leech from their backside. Great Stuff!"
Rick Jaensch, Annandale, Virginia
Weird quote, considering that his wife is a federal employee. Is she the one leeching from his backside, even while sucking on the government teat?
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Washington Post April 2010 wrote:Fairfax plumber convicted in posing as diplomat
When Richard Earl Jaensch, 52, of Annandale, traveled through security checkpoints at airports and at the Fairfax County courthouse in 2008, he flashed his diplomatic credentials.

Problem was Jaensch is a plumber and a federal jury in Alexandria on Thursday found him guilty of producing false diplomatic credentials after a trial in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.

According to court documents and trial evidence, Jaensch, produced an identification card, a badge, and a credentials holder. He used a similar set of diplomatic credentials at TSA checkpoints at airports and at an April 2008 hearing in Fairfax County Circuit. After court personnel confiscated the identification, Jaensch ordered another set, prosecutors said. It was the production of that false identification that was the subject of the case.

He faces sentencing in July.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

LPC wrote:One of the endorsements in Cracking the Code (and also quoted in several places on the LH website):
"Your book is exhaustively researched and a must have for anyone who is considering removing the government leech from their backside. Great Stuff!"
Boy -- talk about painting a huge target on your backside, and then proclaiming to one and all that you've just done so. It's like a deer notifying the local hunters that it will be in a certain patch of woods during deer season.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

LPC wrote:One of the endorsements in Cracking the Code (and also quoted in several places on the LH website):
Weird quote, considering that his wife is a federal employee. Is she the one leeching from his backside, even while sucking on the government teat?
A perfect example of letting your ego get in the way of common sense. In order to endear himself to his hero and the other sycophants, Jaensch was stupid enough to put up an endorsement of a book on how to break the law on the website belonging to the author - a convicted felon.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Wait a minute - I thought these guys argued for years that only federal employees were liable for income tax. How could he justify his position on his wife's withholding not being legal?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

The Observer wrote:Wait a minute - I thought these guys argued for years that only federal employees were liable for income tax. How could he justify his position on his wife's withholding not being legal?
I wondered that two...WAG wherever she works he doesn't consider a "real" federal employee, or he only sees federal employees as being in this job, that job, but not her job.

As I was writing the above this poped into my head... Out of curiosity do soldiers pay taxes on their income? It just occured to me that military pay seems low, but if it were tax free, especially for the lower ranks it would be a very sweet deal.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:

Boy -- talk about painting a huge target on your backside, and then proclaiming to one and all that you've just done so. It's like a deer notifying the local hunters that it will be in a certain patch of woods during deer season.

And providing free ammo!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

bmielke wrote:
The Observer wrote:Wait a minute - I thought these guys argued for years that only federal employees were liable for income tax. How could he justify his position on his wife's withholding not being legal?
I wondered that two...WAG wherever she works he doesn't consider a "real" federal employee, or he only sees federal employees as being in this job, that job, but not her job.

As I was writing the above this poped into my head... Out of curiosity do soldiers pay taxes on their income? It just occured to me that military pay seems low, but if it were tax free, especially for the lower ranks it would be a very sweet deal.
I think that soldiers in an active war zone are not taxed on their military pay. I'm certain it was so at one time during one of the wars we've been in, but that may have been Desert Storm. So, a soldier at Ft Benning is being taxed, but not one in Iraq/Afghanistan...if I'm remembering correctly.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Combat pay is not taxed, and is separated out on the W-2 so no special entry is needed on the 1040.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
LPC

Post by LPC »

bmielke wrote:Out of curiosity do soldiers pay taxes on their income?
Generally, yes, but there is an exclusion for military pay to enlisted men (and warrant officers) serving in a combat zone.

See http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,, ... 62,00.html
bmielke wrote:It just occured to me that military pay seems low, but if it were tax free, especially for the lower ranks it would be a very sweet deal.
It's a "sweet deal" that comes with IEDs attached.
Dan Evans
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

As to the "right kind" of federal employee, and keep in mind this whole concept is BS to begin with, but as CTC followers have justified and twisted the concept of "federal privilege" in the past so that having a Commercial Pilot Certificate is not one, Justinidiot working for a federally funded non-profit doesn't qualify because only half their funding is federal and HIS pay is part of the other half, etc... I'm gonna bet this one will be explained away with a "career federal employees are just earning a living like any other private sector worker" and the "federal privilege" really means that only people who are elected or appointed by elected officials are covered under the ''federal privilege"

Wait for it, you'll see it as soon as some whacked out tax cheat buys the book and asks the question on LH, and even though they work directly for the federal government, Patrick Mooney, noted legal scholar, will come up with a similar excuse.

And then someone else will fail to wonder why the tax code is 8,000 pages long if it doesn't apply to anyone...
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Cathulhu wrote:Combat pay is not taxed, and is separated out on the W-2 so no special entry is needed on the 1040.

Not to muck up the answer, but that's kind of unclear what you mean. I'm assuming 'combat pay" was an extra amount tagged to your base pay, like flight pay. Never got combat pay, but I did get the grand sum of $48 a month extra as long as I spent 40 hours a month actually logged flight hours.
My point is, I think you may mean that if you get combat pay, your base pay as well as the combat pay is tax free. (Flight pay was tax free for me when if I remember correctly, but that was a long time ago)

Oh, I see Dan has answered it better, and I defer to his superior knowledge...
LPC

Post by LPC »

Gregg wrote:Oh, I see Dan has answered it better, and I defer to his superior knowledge...
You mean my ability to read and regurgitate?

I remembered seeing something once about exclusions for combat pay, and I just Googled "combat" and "pay" on the IRS web site. The answer was right there.

There are also special estate tax provisions for soldiers killed in combat (or dying of combat-related injuries). I'm sure it provides a great recruiting incentive for young multi-millionaires.
Dan Evans
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

LPC wrote:
Gregg wrote:Oh, I see Dan has answered it better, and I defer to his superior knowledge...
Well, in this case yes. But in a more important way, and a way tax deniers and sovrun nuts never get, is that you know your profession and while in many cases the answer to a particular question is as easy as google, you above most people are prepared to evaluate the relevance and accuracy of what you read and give an answer that is correct. As we all know, it's very easy to accurately quote SCOTUS in a way that seems to support an argument, but is totally antithetical to the 'right' answer. See ''hendrickson"....
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:
LPC wrote:
Well, in this case yes. But in a more important way, and a way tax deniers and sovrun nuts never get, is that you know your profession and while in many cases the answer to a particular question is as easy as google, you above most people are prepared to evaluate the relevance and accuracy of what you read and give an answer that is correct. As we all know, it's very easy to accurately quote SCOTUS in a way that seems to support an argument, but is totally antithetical to the 'right' answer. See ''hendrickson"....
The fact that Dan is a recognized expert is a big fat MINUS in Idiot America. He is an Expert, which means that he is an Elitist and uses Big Intellectual Words and lots of fancy college-boy degrees, instead of plain-people talk and common sense.

As in the case of things like racism, this kind of attitude is fueled by the "three I's" -- ignorance, inadequacy and inferiority. The TD crowd is ignorant about the tax laws; but rather than try to study them and really comprehend what they really say and mean, their sense of inferiority and inadequacy makes them flee such a course in terror. Instead, they convince themselves that all you need, to understand the tax laws correctly, is some "all-American common sense", and that the true experts are too mentally elevated above the salt-of-the-earth common people to have any common sense themselves. Thus, their opinions are valueless and must be rejected.

Rather than build themselves up to the level of the experts, they seek to tear the experts down below their own level.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
LPC wrote:
The fact that Dan is a recognized expert is a big fat MINUS in Idiot America. He is an Expert, which means that he is an Elitist and uses Big Intellectual Words and lots of fancy college-boy degrees, instead of plain-people talk and common sense.

As in the case of things like racism, this kind of attitude is fueled by the "three I's" -- ignorance, inadequacy and inferiority. The TD crowd is ignorant about the tax laws; but rather than try to study them and really comprehend what they really say and mean, their sense of inferiority and inadequacy makes them flee such a course in terror. Instead, they convince themselves that all you need, to understand the tax laws correctly, is some "all-American common sense", and that the true experts are too mentally elevated above the salt-of-the-earht common people to have any common sense themselves. Thus, their opinions are valueless and must be rejected. Rather than build themselves up to the level of the experts, they seek to tear the experts down below their own level.[/quote]

Excellent summary.
"My Health is Better in November."
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Now it's the wife's turn.

FEDERAL EMPLOYEE PLEADS GUILTY TO FAILURE TO FILE FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURN

WASHINGTON - Janet Jaensch, a federal employee, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Va., to one count of failure to file a 2008 federal income tax return, the Justice Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced today.

According to court documents, between 2001 and 2011, Jaensch was employed by the federal government and was married to Richard Jaensch. Between 2001 and 2008, Janet Jaensch did not timely file U.S. Individual Income Tax Returns, Form 1040, with the IRS, despite the fact that she was required to do so. Specifically, in 2008, Jaensch admitted that she received $152,725 in gross income, yet she did not timely file a federal income tax return nor did she timely pay any income tax to the IRS. She further admitted that between 2002 and 2009, she failed to timely pay approximately $226,685 in taxes to the IRS.

In addition, according to the statement of facts, Jaensch admitted that beginning in 2002, and continuing each year through approximately 2009, at the direction of her husband, she presented a letter to her payroll department directing her employer to stop withholding federal income taxes from her salary. Jaensch further admitted that between 2002 and 2009, at her husband’s direction, she willfully committed the following acts: sending a document to the IRS claiming that she was not a person required to file federal income tax returns; recording in Fairfax County, Va., a “Declaration of Independence by Public Notice” claiming that she was “not a party to the Constitution of the united States of America”; sending correspondence to the IRS claiming they could not instruct her employer to withhold taxes from her paycheck; and sending certified letters to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) and IRS advising that she is not a taxpayer.

The defendant faces a maximum potential sentence of one year in prison. Sentencing has been scheduled for Aug. 16, 2011.

Janet Jaensch’s husband, Richard Jaensch, was indicted in March 2011 by an Alexandria federal grand jury with one count of corruptly endeavoring to impede the IRS, one count of filing a false claim for a refund and four counts of failing to file a tax return for 2004 through 2007. His trial is scheduled for July 20, 2011.

This case was investigated by IRS-Criminal Investigation and is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Gene Rossi and the Department of Justice’s Tax Division Trial Attorney Caryn Finley.

More information about the Justice Department’s Tax Division and its enforcement efforts is available at http://www.usdoj.gov/tax/.
Demo.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

The DOJ press releases have been uncharacteristically silent on Ms. Jaensch's occupation.

She was a naval engineer at the Naval Sea Systems Command in Washington DC in the Integrated Warfare Systems Engineering (SEA 05H) group.

An excerpt from one of her articles:
Article Excerpt
Navy SBIR 2007.3-Topic N07-214 NAVSEA--Ms. Janet Jaensch--janet.l.jaensch@navy.mil

Opens: August 20, 2007-Closes: September 19, 2007

N07-214 TITLE: Laser Technology for Shipboard Defense

Acquisition program: Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program ACAT II

Objective: Develop, demonstrate, and deliver a laboratory brassboard laser with suitable energy, pulse duration, wavelengths in the visible/near infrared (vis/NIR) spectral band, that can adapted to military and commercial applications, is scalable, and affordable.

Description: Conventional high pulse energy vis/NIR lasers available today offer pulse durations in the range 100 microseconds (free running). The pulse-widths of these lasers are either orders of magnitude too short or too long for ship self-defense and some commercial applications which require pulse-widths on the order of 100's of nanosecond. Other challenges for this new laser technology include meeting compactness and ruggedness requirements for military platforms. State-of-the-art dye lasers generate the required pulse energy and pulse duration but laser dye handling and compactness/ruggedness issues have to be addressed. Specific laser requirements for this effort include

--Pulse duration of approximately 200 nanoseconds at all wavelengths

--Pulse Energy: (50 mJ @ 1kHz with a goal of 100mJ @ 5kHz)

--Repetition Rate: nominally 1kHz (higher pulse frequency of 5kHz desired)

--Wavelength: 550nm to 600nm and 700nm to 750nm

--Beam divergence: 0.5-1mrad

Phase I: Investigate enabling technologies and component designs that are capable of providing multi-wavelength outputs at required energy per pulse in the vis/NIR band. Consider trade offs of diode pumping vs flashlamp, multi-heads vs tunable sources, size, weight and cost and investigate the use of fiber delivery to provide a more flexible design. Use trade-off study to provide detail prototype designs to guide the Phase II activity. Conduct proof of principle experiments.

Phase II: Utilize the findings established in Phase I to develop, demonstrate,...
Demo.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Gregg wrote: I think that soldiers in an active war zone are not taxed on their military pay. I'm certain it was so at one time during one of the wars we've been in, but that may have been Desert Storm. So, a soldier at Ft Benning is being taxed, but not one in Iraq/Afghanistan...if I'm remembering correctly.
You are correct.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros