New Arguments...

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Investor

New Arguments...

Post by Investor »

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on this board. Are there any new crazy arguments these days, or are the TP's still spouting 861 nonsense and Citizen v. citizen garbage?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Welcome back Investor.
Investor

Post by Investor »

How about Brushaber? Are they still citing Brushaber? That one always slays me.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

John Bulten's argument might be new, but it's hard to tell because he refuses to tell anyone what it is.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I've been seeing a new argument all week and it's spreading like wild fire. The 16th Amendment was ratified but Congress forgot to pass the bills to implement it, so even if there is authority for an income tax, Congress has never chosen to take advantage of it.

I've come across four posts on different forums in just the past few days spouting this nonsense.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Okay, am I missing something here?

Does a ratified constitutional amendment require enabling legislation?
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Only in la-la land.
Investor

Post by Investor »

Nikki wrote:Okay, am I missing something here?

enabling legislation, pixie dust, a blessing by three virgin dwarves...the typical stuff you need to pass the law of the land.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Thank you. My CLE hasn't been focused on Constitutional law. I appreciate the update.
Paul

Post by Paul »

The 16th Amendment was ratified but Congress forgot to pass the bills to implement it, so even if there is authority for an income tax, Congress has never chosen to take advantage of it.
Oh, no! They must be close to finding that it was my great grandfather's doing. The day before he retired from the Government Printing Office, he slipped the original IRC - his own creation - into the Statutes at Large just to prove that no one in Congress or the White House paid any attention to what was actually being published under their supposed authority. Subsequent Congresses just assumed that the implementing legislation had been enacted.

Just before he died, he told me he did regret "taxing" wages.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Webhick, why are you posting under Paul's name?
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Investor wrote:a blessing by three virgin dwarves
Oh, now you're just being preposterous. Those three dwarves are easier than a two piece wooden puzzle - with handles!

If you really want a legal amendment, you have to take 50 mimeographed copies, marinade them in finest Masonic Rum, then sauté them in some butter with Caribbean spices. Drain. Separate onto a plate and leave on your kitchen counter to cool overnight. Once cool, you must mail one of the 50 pieces (certified, return receipt) to the Designated Masonically Blessed Virgin Lesbian Belching Canary in each state. Don't get that Canary confused with the Puking Pigeon of Parthenon. They're easy to mix up. So refer to the contact list on page 4576 of your Illuminati Handbook.

So anyway, once the Canaries get the amendment, they'll sing a woeful tale of death and peppermint to the fleas in the weeds who will then tear the amendment to shreds and carry it to the Illuminati State HQ. From there, it will be delivered to the maid with the hot pink undies who will then tape it back together. He will then pass it onto janitor with the see-through tutu who will then drop it off in the secret mail chute buried behind the ugly sofa that no one wants to sit on. Later that evening it inducted into the state's constitution via a secret meeting in the bowels of the public bathroom in the capital building. I cannot say who will be in attendance, since they're chosen based on chili consumption within the past 24 years.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Nikki wrote:Webhick, why are you posting under Paul's name?
Paul seriously needs to give my happy pills back.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
John J. Bulten

Re: New Arguments...

Post by John J. Bulten »

Investor wrote:Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on this board. Are there any new crazy arguments these days, or are the TP's still spouting 861 nonsense and Citizen v. citizen garbage?
Nothing new here, Investor. We losthorizons.com types are just busy upholding the laws and regulations as written, like 26 USC 7701(c) and 26 CFR 403.5. May Heaven forbid that we should ever nonsensically construe these authorities to mean other than what they say (CT National v Germain, 503 US 249).
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: New Arguments...

Post by Dezcad »

John J. Bulten wrote: May Heaven forbid that we should ever nonsensically construe these authorities to mean other than what they say (CT National v Germain, 503 US 249).
Investor - May I introduce you to our resident King of Irony.
Investor

Post by Investor »

Investor - May I introduce you to our resident King of Irony.
I don't think Mr. Bulten was around when I was last here. I am interested (for lack of a better word) to hear his gripe with the "fascist tax system".

And don't get me wrong, Bulten, I have serious issues with the tax system as well. One of them is not that it is unconstitutional or illegal, however.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The king of unintentional irony.
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

A Constitutional Amendment does require some legislation in order for it to be effective. What good is an Amendment if there's no penalties for violating it? Prohibition, with no penalties for selling alchohol, isn't really prohibition. Income taxes, with no penalties for tax evasion, isn't really an income tax.

The IRS Code gives the 16th Amendment it's teeth.
Investor

Post by Investor »

A Constitutional Amendment does require some legislation in order for it to be effective. What good is an Amendment if there's no penalties for violating it? Prohibition, with no penalties for selling alchohol, isn't really prohibition. Income taxes, with no penalties for tax evasion, isn't really an income tax.

True enough, but in the context of Demo's stated TP argument, this is irrelevant. That is, unless the TP population is claiming that Congress never passed the tax code?

I don't get it. There are so many legit things that can be done to modify the tax system for the better. Don't the TP's realize that they are actually hindering those legit avenues?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

silversopp wrote:

And the Code was put into law with the Revenue Act of 1913.