Larken Rose is a Rock Star now

AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Larken Rose is a Rock Star now

Post by AFTP »

Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Re: Larken Rose is a Rock Star now

Post by Joey Smith »

To not give a Keyboard Warning for something like that will henceforth be grounds for instant banishment from this site.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Post by AFTP »

My Bad! :wink:
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Musically, it's not that bad. Actually somewhat pleasant. Melody's not bad, arrangement is okay, and Larken's voice is tolerable.

The lyrics totally suck, of course, because it's just his political fanaticism with a poetic sheen.

Visually, Larken himself actually looks better having lost the mullet, while Tessa has totally gone to seed, and I couldn't see enough of the daughter to know if I'd want to see more.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

LPC wrote:Musically, it's not that bad. Actually somewhat pleasant. Melody's not bad, arrangement is okay, and Larken's voice is tolerable.

The lyrics totally suck, of course, because it's just his political fanaticism with a poetic sheen.

Visually, Larken himself actually looks better having lost the mullet, while Tessa has totally gone to seed, and I couldn't see enough of the daughter to know if I'd want to see more.
"gone to seed" that made me laugh. HA. That's a pretty charitable post, LPC. You must be softening up on Larkin in your old age.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, I don't think Larken needs to worry about giving up his day job all in all.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

He has a day job?????
"My Health is Better in November."
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

That was certainly the worst version of "Stairway to Heaven" that I've ever heard.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Paul

Post by Paul »

I thought it was "Freebird."