Bailey's Lament

Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Re: Bailey's Lament

Post by Quixote »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
wserra wrote:Hey, guys:
LPC wrote:plaintiff was found incompetent to stand trial.
As was DMVP IIRC. Think of Quatloos as a public service, charity, type of organisation. Or like the IOC - everyone can play....
Yeah, but when the level of play of one competitor is that low, all you're doing is running up the score.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Quixote wrote:Hey, guys:
LPC wrote:plaintiff was found incompetent to stand trial.
As was DMVP IIRC. Think of Quatloos as a public service, charity, type of organisation. Or like the IOC - everyone can play....[/quote]

Yeah, but when the level of play of one competitor is that low, all you're doing is running up the score.[/quote]

It's easy to get your shots into the X ring from point-blank range....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: I'm guessing that either Bailey's schools never taught any sort of civics (a pet gripe of mine); or if they did, they taught it on a Classic Comics level or else Bailey was in the back of the class, staring out the window, when the rest of the class was paying attention to the teacher.

I'm betting on skipped altogether as well as English from his writing and punctuation defects, if he completed high school at all.

I also saw the not competent notation, but there doesn't seem to be anything further as to why.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

notorial dissent wrote:I also saw the not competent notation, but there doesn't seem to be anything further as to why.
I suspect it's the usual reasons: Unable to understand the charges against him or the nature of the proceedings, and so unable to assist in his own defense.

And all of the gibberish we've seen from him is consistent with that conclusion.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote:So numbnutz is upset that Rebecca Vigil-Giron uses a traditional Spanish name format. I'm equally certain that she is not concerned in the least.
It's also a traditional english format. In fact there's even a slang term for such names: "double barrel".
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent

Or, if you're English of the right class or just pretentious yuppie.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Donald Bailey

Post by Donald Bailey »

You people certainly do a grand job of gouging, trampling,etc. with your curt remarks and shallow so called responses.
Well,I have been told that if you place your pearls before swine, that's exactly what they will do.
You fulfill that saying very well. I think I'll take my toys and find another sandbox.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Dumald has left the building!

...And gone back under his bridge.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The over/under on his coming back to take another stab is 4 days.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

I may be swine, but those aren't pearls.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Shaker's Law;

"Those who egregiously announce their imminent departure from an Internet discussion forum almost never actually leave. "
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Donald Bailey wrote:You people certainly do a grand job of gouging, trampling,etc. with your curt remarks and shallow so called responses.
Well,I have been told that if you place your pearls before swine, that's exactly what they will do.
You fulfill that saying very well. I think I'll take my toys and find another sandbox.
Translation: "you're all so mean to me! I give you my pearls of Revealed Wisdom, which I got from Real Sovruns, and instead of telling me how wonderful my posts are, like my friends do, you ask me all sorts of mean question, as if you don't believe what I say is true! Well, poo-poo-ca-ca! I'm going to go off and suck my thumb in a corner for a while...."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Thule wrote:Shaker's Law;

"Those who egregiously announce their imminent departure from an Internet discussion forum almost never actually leave. "
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he returns, especially in sock-puppet form.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Donald Bailey wrote:You people certainly do a grand job of gouging, trampling,etc. with your curt remarks and shallow so called responses.
Thanks. Gouging, trampling, and shallow responding take a certain amount of effort, and it's always gratifying to know that our work is appreciated.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

My observations:

1. So...the saying is that if you place pearls before swine they will gouge and trample while making curt remarks and shallow "responses"? I've never heard the saying put that way. Or maybe you still can't complete a thought.

2. The idea of you taking your toys indignantly fits perfectly with the mental age displayed on here.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Imalawman wrote:
My observations:

1. So...the saying is that if you place pearls before swine they will gouge and trample while making curt remarks and shallow "responses"? I've never heard the saying put that way. Or maybe you still can't complete a thought.

2. The idea of you taking your toys indignantly fits perfectly with the mental age displayed on here.
I believe Mr. Bailey turned 70 years old in December. Looks like the mental age is out of sync with the actual chronological age.

And those stones Mr. Bailey placed weren't pearls; they were more like ordinary road gravel.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent

Which might well explain why he was declared incompetent to stand trial.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

notorial dissent wrote:Which might well explain why he was declared incompetent to stand trial.
Actually, I don't think so.

The history of delusion precedes age-related dementia.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent

True, but the two together would certainly seem to justify the result. If the prior literary efforts are any indication, I'm quite sure he hasn't been playing with a full deck for a very long time.
Brian Rookard
Beefcake

Post by Brian Rookard »

Donald Bailey wrote:If anyone "out there" can tell me how a "Federal Reserve Note" is a DOLLAR, maybe I can see/understand at least some things better. HELP!!!
Why is this even an issue anymore? Human population has expanded to the point where we can't even remotely use gold for coinage for everyday use. There is only 5.3 billion ounces of gold that has been mined in all of human history. Some 40-50% of which is used for jewelry. If you took all the gold in the world and used it for coins, there's not enough to give each and every human being 1 gold ounce dollar.

Furthermore, the prohibition against making anything but gold and silver coin a tender for payment of debts applies to THE STATES ... not the federal government.

Further still, since congress specifically has the power to regulate the value of coins, they could still inflate/deflate the money supply by changing the value of the coinage. Adam Smith talks about how countries have done this for millenia - it's there in the beginning of The Wealth of Nations.

There is nothing inherently wrong with using paper as money, the trouble is in the abuse. But gold and silver coins can just as easily be abused and manipulated by regulating the value of coinage.

Gold and silver coins as a monetary unit are useless ... there just isn't enough of either to make a money supply viable.