Brian Staggs

ProfHenryHiggins
Distinguished Don of Ponzi Philology

Brian Staggs

Post by ProfHenryHiggins »

Does anyone know of any run-ins with the law that this tax denier in Tennessee has gotten involved with?

I bumped into his advertisements of a cash gifting website, and followed the trail left by his email account name of freein1776 to find connections with taxhonestynews.com and "the tax freedom movement" along with several more gifting scams and what looks like a foreclosure operation of suspicious nature.
He's selling "Irwin Schiff Lien & Levy packet - stop the IRS cold" on eBay currently - the third image also connects him to "Q the cash gifting expert" and his "economic sovereignty" sovereign citizens group.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Brian Staggs

Post by JamesVincent »

Do you have an age or another like that Prof? Seems to be a few Brian Staggs in TN.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
ProfHenryHiggins

No, no I don't have an age. I have several websites of his, but he uses Domains By Proxy on the WHOIS of all of them. I have his connections to both taxhonestynews.com and to the Ron Paul crowd, but neither opens up any clues as to his home address. Nor did his page at The People's Program, although that gave me who invited him into that fraud - Obasi Scott. His Youtube page was what clued me off to the taxhonestynews connection, but the webpage linked to from his videos is going nowhere, as far as the investigation of him. I could drag a phone number out of his old Magnetic Money Miracle account, but nothing more.

Facebook I do not use, so while his Facebook page listed 3 websites, I could not delve further into what the self-styled "Cash King" was doing there. And the only one of the three websites that I hadn't seen before led to ProfusionX, which is currently a very bad place to visit - virus Hell.

Although 2 years ago it pointed into the RCF pyramid scheme instead, http://web.archive.org/web/200911130915 ... domnow1776

He seems to use that "1776" in a lot of his usernames.

Trying to track him by phone numbers led me to a realtor and a printshop, not to a home address.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Ill try to look into it a little bit more when I get a chance Prof. I found multiple things in TN for the name, including where someone by that name is getting married or just got married. Age seemed to be around 24 so it could possibly be the same person but no way to really trim it down.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
ProfHenryHiggins

24 seems a bit young, given his description of himself as "I have been in the Tax Freedom Movement for over 10 years" and talking about serving as the communication link between Irwin Schiff and his girlfriend Cindy in one of his blogs. In his profile, connected to an article he wrote in 2008, he also described himself "Brian Staggs has 15 years of experience in the business opportunity world and is talented at spotting scams and digging up the good legitimate ways of making money." Nevermind that the article was gushing about his new entry in the world of cash gifting, sweetsmellofcash.com.

It's possible that I may be looking at a father-son pairing with the same name, however. Cashman Properties is definitely a company the one I'm thinking of is tied to, but the print shop SOS Linotype in Goodlettsville reports that they have an employee named Brian Staggs, and that shop was the location that the TPP cash gifts were being sent to.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

ProfHenryHiggins wrote:the print shop SOS Linotype in Goodlettsville reports that they have an employee named Brian Staggs, and that shop was the location that the TPP cash gifts were being sent to.
There's a "Brian R. Staggs" of Goodlettsville, TN, who has a 2008 federal tax lien. Filing Number:200809290098252; IRS Serial Number:475275608; amount $8,000.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ProfHenryHiggins

Thanks, Wes. That sounds like it could well be him. I don't think that the IRS will be at all amused to hear about his spat of cash gifting activity with programs that assure their members that the "gift" is tax-free based on some misinterpretation of IRS Pub. 950.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

BRIAN STAGGS v. COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL REVENUE,
Docket No. 16123-09S
ORDER AND DECISION wrote:This case is before the Court on the parties' cross motions for summary judgment on the issue of whether respondent may proceed with collection with respect to certain frivolous return penalties of petitioner for 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 under Internal Revenue Code section 6702. For the reasons set forth herein, we shall deny petitioner's motion and grant respondent's motion.

Petitioner asserts that his section 6330 hearing was invalid and unlawful because it was scheduled to be held by way of a telephone conference and not by way of a face-to-face conference. Respondent argues that the Appeals settlement officer did not abuse his discretion in denying petitioner's request for a face-to-face conference because petitioner's request for a section 6330 hearing raised only frivolous arguments .

Petitioner's section 6330 request and subsequent letters asserted that respondent filed the lien upon which this case is based prematurely, but failed to provide any supporting information. Petitioner also argued in his request that he had not received notices of deficiency. However, frivolous return penalties under section 6702 are not subject to statutory deficiency procedures . Sec . 6703(b) ;, Callahan v . Commissioner, 130 T .C . 44, 50 (2008). Petitioner was free to raise the underlying liability in his section 6330 request and subsequent letters to respondent, but failed to do so. Finally, petitioner's request raised issues regarding delegation orders, the paperwork reduction act, and information about specific employees' authority .

None of the arguments raised by petitioner in his section 6330 request have any legal merit.

ORDERED AND DECIDED that respondent may proceed with the collection actions as determined in the notice of determination concerning collection action for the years 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 upon which this case is based.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
ProfHenryHiggins

Considering that this fellow has Irwin Schiff tapes on eBay, Lindsey Springer videos on Youtube, is apparently the editor of taxhonestynews.com, and has a CtC website tied into pleas for money to go back to college and finish his degree, I'm not surprised. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have learned his lesson, as his blog has updates from the current year still singing the same old tune.

oldnikki, wserra, was there a Hal T. Farmer connected with that lien case? Because the real estate/foreclosure business of Brian's was coming up with 200 Cude Lane in Madison, TN, which according to county tax records belongs to a Hal Farmer... and I'm seeing a Hal T. Farmer in Goodlettsville with a sizable tax lien recently listed in two Nashville newspapers - along with the defrocking of a chiropractor of the same name by the state dept. of health for being guilty of a crime.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

ProfHenryHiggins wrote:He's selling "Irwin Schiff Lien & Levy packet - stop the IRS cold"
And people are buying it?

One imagines other marketing opportunities:

Julius & Ethel Rosenberg Criminal Defense System
The Enron Financial Management System
Invest Your Money the Countrywide Financial Way
Criminal Prosecution Tips from the O.J. Simpson Team
Hindenberg Flying School
Mrs. O'Leary's Fire Prevention System
Red Sox Coaching Guide
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
ProfHenryHiggins

Thankfully not, LPC. Although it hasn't stopped him from trying... he listed it in May, and again in October.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

LPC wrote:
ProfHenryHiggins wrote:He's selling "Irwin Schiff Lien & Levy packet - stop the IRS cold"
And people are buying it?

One imagines other marketing opportunities:

Julius & Ethel Rosenberg Criminal Defense System
The Enron Financial Management System
Invest Your Money the Countrywide Financial Way
Criminal Prosecution Tips from the O.J. Simpson Team
Hindenberg Flying School
Mrs. O'Leary's Fire Prevention System
Red Sox Coaching Guide
Clubhouse Leadership by Jason Varitek, David Ortiz, Kevin Youkilis,
and the Red Sox starting rotation
Get Rich the Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Way! by John MacHaffie
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Clubhouse Leadership by Jason Varitek, David Ortiz, Kevin Youkilis,
and the Red Sox starting rotation
Get Rich the Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Way! by John MacHaffie
How To Treat Your Sleep Disorders by Dr. Conrad Murray.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Axl Rose's Guide to Keeping Your Fans Happy

Profiles in Fidelity: the Kennedys and their Model Marriages

Journalism 203: Responsibility and Due Diligence. Seminar. TTH 1630-1900. Prof Nancy Grace.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4