jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Schlabach - CFC Sustains 1 of 2 FrivPens

Post by jcolvin2 »

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Schlabach - CFC Sustains 1 of 2 FrivPens

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Short version: 18-year-old doofus listens to his father and files a CTC return; gets hit with a frivolous return penalty; files a correct amended return and asks for a CDP Hearing; gets hit with a second frivolous penalty for the hearing request. The court correctly holds that the first penalty was correct and the second not.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The TP's amended CDP hearing request was identical to the boilerplate CDP hearing request being touted by some of our favorite tax deniers. The court appears to have believed, or pretended to believe, the petitioner when he stated in his amended CDP request that "I have not nor would intend on making any arguments that are not base[d] on the law." Was the court gullible or just merciful.

I would prefer that Congress allow the IRS or the courts waive the penalty when the taxpayer files a corrected return, sees the error of his ways and shows contrition.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"I have not nor would intend on making any arguments that are not base[d] on the law."

Translation: "I do not define 'the law' as the IRS or the corrupt courts define it. I define the law as I understand it, as informed by the principles underlying Cracking the Code."

The proper response: "Then, throw your copy of Cracking the Code into your wastebasket, and get legal and tax advice from someone who is willing to follow that law as it really is."
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

The proper response: "Then, throw your copy of Cracking the Code into your wastebasket, and get legal and tax advice from someone wjho is willing to follow that law as it really is."
Here, the kid had already filed a correct amended return at the time he filed his CDPH request. So I think the court was right to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Here, the kid had already filed a correct amended return at the time he filed his CDPH request. So I think the court was right to give him the benefit of the doubt.
That's my read on it also, and I'm also inclined to agree with the court, particularly since the IRS was found to be sloppy in its processing of returns and submissions, and its record-keeping.

Incidentally, there was another thread on this same taxpayer, and I think this same case, in which the court refused to enjoy the possible imposition of a third penalty.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

LPC wrote:Incidentally, there was another thread on this same taxpayer, and I think this same case, in which the court refused to enjoy the possible imposition of a third penalty.
Enjoin?
Freudian slip?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

jcolvin2 wrote:
LPC wrote:Incidentally, there was another thread on this same taxpayer, and I think this same case, in which the court refused to enjoy the possible imposition of a third penalty.
Enjoin?
Freudian slip?
Commendable absence of schadenfreude, a/k/a "schadenfreudian slip".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume