Who Will File CtC This Year?

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Who Will File CtC This Year?

Post by LPC »

Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: Who Will File CtC This Year?

Post by Lambkin »

My favorite:
You are being dooped!
DOOPED, I tell you! Damn those dooping doopers!
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Have I got this right?
If you have received the required Final Notice of Intent to Levy you should immiediately file a request for a CDPH (collection due process hearing) stating as reason for the request that you do not believe the penalty applies to you and that you are challenging the liability.
Aren't you too late to challenge the liability at this point? My understanding is that unless you haven't been issued a Notice of Deficiency or you haven't had an opportunity to dispute the tax previously, all you can do now is discuss a payment plan or make some set off with your spouses tax (not sure about that bit, I know your spouses tax can come into it somewhere).
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Have I got this right? Aren't you too late to challenge the liability at this point? My understanding is that unless you haven't been issued a Notice of Deficiency or you haven't had an opportunity to dispute the tax previously, all you can do now is discuss a payment plan or make some set off with your spouses tax (not sure about that bit, I know your spouses tax can come into it somewhere).
Yes, you are right. But that doesn't stop the TPs from attempting to use the CDP hearing to forestall and delay. The settlement/appeals officer will notify the TP that their request is not going to be heard unless they are going to present an alternative plan to resolve the liability. At that point, a lot of the TPs try the stealth route and imply that they want to discuss payment of the liability. Which is why JohnGault advised not to push forward any arguments about income or the Constitution. We have seen a growing number of cases heading into court where the CDP was abused in this manner.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Have I got this right?
If you have received the required Final Notice of Intent to Levy you should immiediately file a request for a CDPH (collection due process hearing) stating as reason for the request that you do not believe the penalty applies to you and that you are challenging the liability.
Aren't you too late to challenge the liability at this point?
No, because what you've quoted is from a message about how to challenge a $5K frivolous return penalty. Because there is no opportunity to challenge the penalty before it is assessed, it can be challenged in a CDP hearing.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

My bad. Dan is right. That is what I get for forgetting halfway through the question this was about the frivpen itself.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff