Michael Scott Ioane sentenced today. . .

Justiceforall

Michael Scott Ioane sentenced today. . .

Post by Justiceforall »

Well, well - justice has arrived. Mr. Ioane was sentenced today to 9 years in prison. He was a key player in trying to cheat me out of my property. Look out Mr. Ioane, I'm fighting back and hoping a little more justice will be headed your way!
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Michael Scott Ioane sentenced today. . .

Post by LPC »

Nine years? Wow.

I knew he was stupid, but I didn't realize he was *that* stupid.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

http://michaelsioane.wordpress.com/2011 ... legations/

"Quatloos = Ongoing False Allegations"

Guess they weren't false after all...
Demo.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

That's been up since last fall and nobody's left a comment? Paranoia strikes deep...
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

I've left comments, but they never made it through moderation...
Demo.
Justiceforall

Post by Justiceforall »

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:http://michaelsioane.wordpress.com/2011 ... legations/

"Quatloos = Ongoing False Allegations"
Some of the "quotations" look like they came from sock puppets, because the only place I can find them is on Ioane-affiliated web sites.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, he certainly had a loyal following, at least in his own mind, at any rate. Otherwise, it would seem not so much....

And well as to stupid....I think you are much more forgiving and generous than I.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Ioane's appeal to the Ninth Circuit is finally fully briefed (as of the end of November, with the filing of his reply brief). No date yet set for oral argument.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Now, here's a news flash: Ioane is a fucking moron.

As I wrote here, he was released on bail pending appeal. That does not happen very often. So what does numbnuts do? He self-published a book titled "Boston Tea Party", and did his best to advertize it. He describes it as:
Michael Scott Ioane knows everything there is to know about the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). He learned the hard way, going through Federal trials, being incarcerated and threatened and then being released. Michael S. Ioane believes his success is because of his faith and his refusal to submit to thugs and criminals.
Now, a judge who releases a convicted felon on bail pending appeal does not particularly appreciate (1) how the ingrate felon turns his lenity into a commercial for the same bullshit that got him convicted, and (2) being called a "thug" and a "criminal". So Judge O'Neill hauls Ioane back into court last October and remands him to begin serving the sentence. If anyone wants to read them, here are the docs that at least temporarily removed idiot from gene pool. And you, too, can duplicate Ioane's success in getting nine years of free food and board for just $200.

A month or so ago, the Ninth Circuit affirmed Ioane's conviction and sentence. Last week, Ioane filed a writ of mandumbass directly with the Supreme Court.

Yeah, that'll work.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Decision reporting that Ioane was sent to prison by trial magistrate judge for violating terms of his bail (which included a prohibition on peddling tax advice), judge accepts the magistrate's findings & recommendations:
Ioane v. Ives (CD Cal, May 20, 2013) 2013 WL 2237868, 2013 u.s.dist LEXIS 72096.

Circuit Court affirmance of conviction and sentence:
US v. Ioane (9th Cir., May 23, 2013) 2013 WL 2250062, 2013 u.s.app LEXIS 10444, 111 AFTR2d 2128, 2013 USTC ¶ 50343.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Mikey Scott the wackadooster wrote:Michael Scott Ioane knows everything there is to know about the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS).....
Such a comedian!

:roll:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent

And so obviously very very wrong!! Hope he likes his new accommodations, since it looks like he will be there a while.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

He learned the hard way, going through Federal trials, being incarcerated and threatened and then being released.
Interesting that Mr. Ioane left out one step of the process described above: the "conviction" step, which should come between the "trials" and "incarceration" steps.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

But that was one of those inconvenient little facts or realities that he would really rather not address, since he can't talk his way out of it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Fifty-two year old Michael Ioane is now inmate # 64460-097 at the United States Penitentiary at Lompoc, California. His projected release date is May 2, 2020.

Note: This 'Dooster should not be confused with another Michael Ioane, who was inmate # 87606-022, and who was released from the Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities back in 2004.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet