Clarkson Enjoined

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Clarkson Enjoined

Post by LPC »

Demo sent me a link to this from "the road":
US Dept. of Justice wrote:FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, JULY 3, 2007
http://WWW.USDOJ.GOV
(202) 514-2007
TDD (202) 514-1888

South Carolina Court Bars “Patriot” Group from Promoting Tax Schemes
Anderson, S.C. Man and his “Patriot Network” Gave False Tax Advice

WASHINGTON – A Greenville, S.C., federal judge has permanently barred Robert Barnwell Clarkson and his so-called “Patriot Network” from promoting tax-fraud schemes, the Justice Department announced today. The court found that Clarkson falsely instructed Patriot Network members that they need not file federal income tax returns. The court also held that Clarkson helped members obstruct IRS efforts to collect taxes.

In seeking the permanent injunction, the Justice Department submitted Clarkson’s Untaxing Packet, which he sold for $300, containing form letters that he falsely claimed would exempt purchasers from federal tax laws. Papers filed in the case showed that Clarkson boasted that he “untaxed” more than 8,000 people over 30 years.

The court also detailed Clarkson’s efforts at interfering with tax collection, including Clarkson’s instruction to transfer property to nominees and to sue IRS agents who attempt to collect taxes. Clarkson, a disbarred attorney from Anderson, S.C., has twice been convicted of federal tax-related crimes.

The court ordered Clarkson to give copies of the injunction to people who bought his products and to post the injunction on the Patriot Network Web site.

Since 2001 the Justice Department has obtained injunctions against more than 240 tax preparers and tax-fraud promoters. Information on those cases is available at http://www.usdoj.gov/tax/taxpress2007.htm. More information about the Justice Department’s Tax Division can be found at http://www.usdoj.gov/tax.

###

07-483
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

About F***ing time.

That fat pig has been peddling his snake oil for far too long.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

But they're interferring with his con-sti-toosh-inal right to make a fast buck, don't they realize that? Not that he's payinig taxes on his ill gotten gaines either.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The lead article on the site is still "Another Victory in Tax Court—Best one ever!". Let's see how long it takes them to comply with the order.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

What are the odds that Clarkson will actually obey the order to the point of actually no longer promoting the scheme on his website?

Hansen received a similar order on 12/13/2006. Nothing has happened but a government motion for contempt on 03/06/2007 and Hansen's response to that motion filed about 04/09/2007. There was supposedly a hearing on the matter on 04/23/2007. The website hums along.

As with Hansen, nothing will happen to the Clarkson website until Clarkson is hauled off after a contempt or other conviction that could be years down the road. And what's to stop Clarkson (or Hansen) from pulling an Ed Brown even after such a conviction?

Let's face it: these injunctions are almost toothless when addressed to someone who has contempt for the law in the first place.
Florida

Post by Florida »

grammarian44 wrote:What are the odds that Clarkson will actually obey the order to the point of actually no longer promoting the scheme on his website?

Hansen received a similar order on 12/13/2006. Nothing has happened but a government motion for contempt on 03/06/2007 and Hansen's response to that motion filed about 04/09/2007. There was supposedly a hearing on the matter on 04/23/2007. The website hums along.

As with Hansen, nothing will happen to the Clarkson website until Clarkson is hauled off after a contempt or other conviction that could be years down the road. And what's to stop Clarkson (or Hansen) from pulling an Ed Brown even after such a conviction?

Let's face it: these injunctions are almost toothless when addressed to someone who has contempt for the law in the first place.
I think its time to call in in the big boys and get Joel Hansen to fly in and "take care of things" like he did in Ohio a few years ago. Or if that doesn't work, there's always call Ron Paul:

http://www.patriotnetwork.info/images/l ... sonRob.jpg*

*Bobby - the sperry's are optional with that attire.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

These scenarios are almost amusing.

While perpetrating their own fraud, they rail against the invisible and highly conspiracy-laced establishment.

I liken the whole thing to non-pilots complaining that they can't take their hundreds of hours of on-line combat simulator flight time to the nearest CFI for a check-ride.

They're all seemingly willing to risk their lives but when they actually put up the bucks and someone straps their a** into something with more than a 1,000 horsepower on the nose the whole attitude changes and they really don't want to attempt the landing (and they wouldn't really get the chance) even if they were able to fly straight and level with the real stick between their legs for the first time.

The false bravado propped up by the Internet denizens comes apart at the seams rather rapidly.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Headline:

Government Solution to TransFat: Clarkson Enjoined.

As someone said, it's about time that someone put that porcine crook on the griddle. Ham for breakfast, anyone?
"My Health is Better in November."
LAprosecutor

Toothless injunctions

Post by LAprosecutor »

grammarian44 wrote:
Tell that to Ed Rivera and Milton Baxley, Esq., both of whom were convicted of criminal contempt for violating injunctions.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Re: Toothless injunctions

Post by Joey Smith »

LAprosecutor wrote:
grammarian44 wrote:
Tell that to Ed Rivera and Milton Baxley, Esq., both of whom were convicted of criminal contempt for violating injunctions.
Amen. I want to see more of the same with Chrissy Hansen, who has flaunted his order for many months now.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
grammarian44

Re: Toothless injunctions

Post by grammarian44 »

LAprosecutor wrote:
grammarian44 wrote:
Um...wasn't that my point?
grammarian44 wrote:As with Hansen, nothing will happen to the Clarkson website until Clarkson is hauled off after a contempt or other conviction
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Injucntion conschmunction...just gimme 5 minutes alone...that's all I ask. :twisted:
Trippy

re: Clarkson Enjoined

Post by Trippy »

Well, now we know why the Rotund One hasn't been active on his website lately:
The Rotund One wrote:Robert Barnwell. Clarkson II of Anderson, SC and Donna Faye Guthrie of North Carolina announce their marriage on July 8, 2007 at the Sail Club on Lake Hartwell. The Bride was given in marriage by her son Dale Chadwick Jr. and her son Matthew, was the ring bearer. The Groom's granddaughter, Gabby Hicks, was the maid of honor and Nelson Waller served as best man.

Robert Clarkson is the son of Francis Dargan Clarkson and the late James Heyward Clarkson Jr. Robert graduated from Sumter High School in 1965. He graduated from Clemson University with a BA in Economics in 1969. He served with the 25th Infantry Division as platoon leader in Vietnam 1970-71 and graduated USC Law School with a Juris Doctorate in 1974.

Donna Faye Guthrie is the daughter of Laurie E. Guthrie and the late Sally T. Guthrie of Carteret County North Carolina. She holds an Associate Degree in nursing from Craven College in New Bern, NC.

Family and friends were in attendance.
And, best of all -- a photo of the happy couple:

Gotta wonder how THAT wedding night went ...
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Look at the top of her hair, and the top of his right shoulder - notice the white glow indicative of alternative residual background? And the lighting on the two of them doesn't quite fit the background lighting....Was the photo of them photoshopped into another?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Trippy

re: Photoshopping

Post by Trippy »

It's possible, Webhick, but I'm not really that good at detecting fraudulent photos. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, though.

Just thought it was not only hysterical, but odd -- Clarkson's first wife hasn't been dead all that long, if I remember right.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

CaptainKickback wrote:"Oh the reception was a real high class affair. They had Yoo-Hoo AND Goo-Goo bars, enough for everyone. And the CoCola fountain was simply lovely, as was the reception dinner......I understand the cooks had been up since 4 AM to slow bar-b-que that pig. And the slaw and potato salad were to die for.... And the best part, were the instructors that were there to give line-dancing lessons after dinner. And everything was timed so that no one missed the NASCAR race on TV. <sniff> "

Not sure what you're getting at there...That sounds like many a wedding that I attended while growing up in North Carolina. (ok, I never saw yoo-hoo and goo goo bars, but everything else sounds really familiar) My grandmother always called Coke, "CoCola". Just because you're from the left coast, doesn't mean you have to insult those of us with a southern heritage. :wink:

But seriously, who would want to marry that mountain of fatty flesh? Especially a nurse?!?!?! What did she say when he asked her, "sure, I'd love to you marry you, despite the fact that you're morbidly obese and your cholesterol and blood pressure are at record high levels."
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
webhick

Re: re: Photoshopping

Post by webhick »

Trippy wrote:It's possible, Webhick, but I'm not really that good at detecting fraudulent photos. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, though.

Just thought it was not only hysterical, but odd -- Clarkson's first wife hasn't been dead all that long, if I remember right.
I've dropped enough backgrounds to notice it in this photo. One thing that threw me off was that there's a little bit of shadowing on Clarkson's right side, but it's even and doesn't seem to stretch and warp over the background like a real shadow does which leads me to believe that it's a drop-shadow that was added in when editing the photos.

I've noticed something else about the lighting. Just over Clarkson's right shoulder (in the background) you can see the reflection from the flash...but in foreground, the focal point of the light is clearly on the wife. I don't recall a flash bulb from your average digital camera being able to hit two focal points at once.

Question: Why would he photoshop the couple onto a different background? What the hell was in the original background that they felt compelled to hide it?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Post by webhick »

Imalawman wrote:But seriously, who would want to marry that mountain of fatty flesh? Especially a nurse?!?!?! What did she say when he asked her, "sure, I'd love to you marry you, despite the fact that you're morbidly obese and your cholesterol and blood pressure are at record high levels."
Maybe he's looking to lose another wife. Does she have money?
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

I guess in NC, "enjoined" means get married.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

tommygun wrote:I guess in NC, "enjoined" means get married.
No, SC. As some of you know, Clarkson was my classmate at Clemson and a year ahead of me at the USC law school. Although he served what I understand to be a tough tour as a grunt in Vietnam, he was always some what different. So, I do not think that Vietnam is any part of what he has become.

As most of you also know, he was disbarred years ago for trying to extract money from an elderly client.

Don't judge USC's law school by Robert C. or by me. It was and remains a decent state school with a stronger factulty than the student body probably deserves.
"My Health is Better in November."