The Brown appellate case

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I had to go out for a while. On my way back i saw the scene of a really horrible car crash. The car was completely demolished, as if it had been run over by a dump truck, albeit i don't think that's what happened.

Anyway, i had a thought. If this had happened under a tp regime, not only would there not be a police car, fire truck, and ambulance there, but there wouldn't even be the civilians standing out some distance away, waving oncoming drivers to detour. TPs don't think like that, they put UCC citations on the bottom of the social contract.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

grixit wrote:
webhick wrote:Baal = Hottest Goa'uld EVER.
They really should have sent him over to Doctor Who. He would be perfect for the Master.
Yeah, he would have been perfect! But Doctor Who doesn't have much to do with the SciFi Network (which is owned by USA Network, which is - IIRC, owned by NBC) other than the fact that SciFi airs the episodes - about a series behind the UK airings.

Clearly, Doctor Who exists outside the Canadian/US scifi casting bubble. We're more likely to see Cliff show up SciFi/USA original movies and tv shows. Heck, it happens so often with other SG regulars it's good fun to spot them.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

webhick wrote:
grixit wrote:
webhick wrote:Baal = Hottest Goa'uld EVER.
They really should have sent him over to Doctor Who. He would be perfect for the Master.
Yeah, he would have been perfect! But Doctor Who doesn't have much to do with the SciFi Network (which is owned by USA Network, which is - IIRC, owned by NBC) other than the fact that SciFi airs the episodes - about a series behind the UK airings.
Not for me. I get my torrents fresh from Britain within a few hours of airing.
Clearly, Doctor Who exists outside the Canadian/US scifi casting bubble. We're more likely to see Cliff show up SciFi/USA original movies and tv shows. Heck, it happens so often with other SG regulars it's good fun to spot them.
True. Btw, have you seen Sanctuary (aka How Samantha Carter is Spending Her Summer Vacation) yet?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick

Post by webhick »

grixit wrote:Not for me. I get my torrents fresh from Britain within a few hours of airing.
Bastard. I have to wait for SciFi to air (and then the BBCA to air the repeats).
True. Btw, have you seen Sanctuary (aka How Samantha Carter is Spending Her Summer Vacation) yet?
Unfortunately, no. I'm trying to keep the hard drive workload on my laptop minimal since I can't afford to replace either. Again.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:Webhick - external USB or Firewire hard drive. And couple it with a system BIOS that lets you boot from the external drive (if needed) and you are good to go. Newegg.com
No matter which way you slice it, it still requires a purchase. I'd rather live without certain amenities than keep throwing my money away.
gezco

Post by gezco »

webhick wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:Webhick - external USB or Firewire hard drive. And couple it with a system BIOS that lets you boot from the external drive (if needed) and you are good to go. Newegg.com
No matter which way you slice it, it still requires a purchase. I'd rather live without certain amenities than keep throwing my money away.
You could just quite paying taxes. That should cover a couple of new computers.
webhick

Post by webhick »

gezco wrote:
webhick wrote:
You could just quite paying taxes. That should cover a couple of new computers.
But then I'd have to deal with that nagging guilt from being a deadbeat.

Besides, I don't pay in that much. I think the feds sucked all of $26 in federal income taxes last year before refunding me a little over $900 from FWT overpayment (which went to my grandmother for medication).
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

7/16/07 Third Notice of Default and Intent to Dismiss Issued. Appellant must file the Transcript Report/Order Form on or before 7/30/07, or this case will be dismissed for lack of prosecution in accordance with Loc. R. 3(b). [1267077-1] [07-1724] (lina) [07-1724]
webhick

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:7/16/07 Third Notice of Default and Intent to Dismiss Issued. Appellant must file the Transcript Report/Order Form on or before 7/30/07, or this case will be dismissed for lack of prosecution in accordance with Loc. R. 3(b). [1267077-1] [07-1724] (lina) [07-1724]
Am I seeing things or is some TP throwing crap out there hoping one will stick?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

This is the court winding down on auto pilot on the Brown appellate case.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

webhick wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:7/16/07 Third Notice of Default and Intent to Dismiss Issued. Appellant must file the Transcript Report/Order Form on or before 7/30/07, or this case will be dismissed for lack of prosecution in accordance with Loc. R. 3(b). [1267077-1] [07-1724] (lina) [07-1724]
Am I seeing things or is some TP throwing crap out there hoping one will stick?
Lack of prosecution means failing to pursue the appeal. It has nothing to do with the criminal prosecution of the case.