But wait, there's more

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

No_Name1 wrote:[Only if properly grounded. Make sure you use a heavy gauge copper cable and a large conductive stake driven into the earth at all times. It's a little more inconvenient, but it's your mind after all!
Wait, wouldn't that make it very likely for lightning...oh...
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

grixit wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:According to Ed on his radio show right now, the Feds took his
SUV this morning.

http://www.republicbroadcasting.org/ind ... listenlive

Ed sounds really drunk.
Is there another source for this?
The marshal confirmed that they took the car yesterday.
http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... /707180332
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

webhick wrote:As of 8:20 PM Tuesday
21% I agree with the Browns. They should resist the government's efforts to arrest them.

76% I disagree with the Browns. They should surrender to the authorities.
It's up to 30% "they should resist arrest" and 66% "they should surrender". I suspect word is circulating in the online paytriot community. Lord knows they don't have anything else to do.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

The thing I don't get is why they haven't at least secured the perimeter... or at very least the driveway. I think this would all come to a head reasonably quickly if no one was allowed on to the property and those leaving could not return. In fact, had they done this a month ago this would have been over by now. If you aren't going to forcably arrest them, for heavens sake isolate them. Why the authorities continue to allow them to feed their attention-whore tendencies is beyond me.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

From the Monitor article:
But Monier did say that his office is investigating several Brown supporters and expects to charge them with felonies for aiding and abetting the couple. Monier has been warning the couple's supporters that they might face charges since the couple was sentenced in April, but so far, there have been no arrests.

"We think there are several individuals who have engaged in a continuing course of conduct that rises to the level of committing a felony offense," Monier said yesterday.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Also from the Concord Monitor article:
Brown said that the marshals had "arrested" the car and taken a $100 gift certificate that was inside.

"I need another SUV now," Ed Brown said. "They just stole one."
Maybe Elaine was paid the gift certificate for her dental work. After all, she probably would not want any of those Federal Reserve Notes.

Anyone got a spare SUV that Ed can borrow?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

. wrote:From the Monitor article:
But Monier did say that his office is investigating several Brown supporters and expects to charge them with felonies for aiding and abetting the couple. Monier has been warning the couple's supporters that they might face charges since the couple was sentenced in April, but so far, there have been no arrests.

"We think there are several individuals who have engaged in a continuing course of conduct that rises to the level of committing a felony offense," Monier said yesterday.
What I find interesting is how many Brown supporters have been arrested recently on other charges, everything from threatening officials and driving without a license to unlawful concealed carry and trying to pass Liberty Dollars off as US currency. I can come up with a minimum of nine examples, and that's without even glancing at my notes.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Yesterday, Ed made very clear it was an SUV. Today it's a pick up truck?

I think there's hope for Ersatz getting a Constitution Ranger truck at auction...
Date: Jul 18, 2007 4:24 AM
Subject: Update Nh E&E-FED's get elaines truck
Body: Elaine let a few guest use her S10 pickup to go into town to get some supplies and they had an accident. The other driver called the lebanon police, upon seeing the registration Lebanon called the fed's. The guest say the feds took the keys and visa gift cards from inside the truck. when they objected the feds told them they didn't want to hear about the "gay constitution" A local supporter was passing by reconiged the truck and one of the guest and gave then a ride back to ed and elaines. Later Constitution Rangers went looking for were the truck was taken but were unable to locate it.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Demosthenes wrote:Yesterday, Ed made very clear it was an SUV. Today it's a pick up truck?

I think there's hope for Ersatz getting a Constitution Ranger truck at auction...
I think odds are very high. IIRC, all the Brown vehicles come complete with decals.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

TheSaint wrote:
webhick wrote:As of 8:20 PM Tuesday
21% I agree with the Browns. They should resist the government's efforts to arrest them.

76% I disagree with the Browns. They should surrender to the authorities.
It's up to 30% "they should resist arrest" and 66% "they should surrender". I suspect word is circulating in the online paytriot community. Lord knows they don't have anything else to do.
I just voted again to see if it's possible. Yes. It is. The results can be easily skewed.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Post by webhick »

when they objected the feds told them they didn't want to hear about the "gay constitution"
They must have misheard it. They probably said "your gay constitution." Gay as in stupid. Are we the only state that uses gay as slang for moronic? You know, when someone walks headlong into a closed door and their friends start cracking up telling him "That was wicked gay!" Either that, or the Feds know about Ed's tendencies.

Feds know that Ed is operating on a different constitution (Ed believes that the 16th wasn't ratified, right?) than what the rest of the country is operating on.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Ed did not ratify the 16th Amendment therefore it is not valid. :x
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Ed did not ratify the 16th Amendment therefore it is not valid.
That's not actually too far off the mark. Many tax deniers, in their more lucid moments, claim that constitutions and laws are not binding on them until they have personally consented to them. This is taking the "social contract" a little too literally.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Scoop wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Yesterday, Ed made very clear it was an SUV. Today it's a pick up truck?

I think odds are very high. IIRC, all the Brown vehicles come complete with decals.
Bidder take note: The accident car was a Chevy Blazer, not a pickup, I'm told.
LDE

Blame Cheney

Post by LDE »

Now that we know nothing important happens at Justice without Cheney and Rove signing off, I think I know why the Browns are being allowed to throw big parties, rabble rouse, entertain their friends, and generally give the government the finger.

Call it the Helen Chenoweth factor.

The extreme right wing still forms a part of the GOP's declining base. Just as Chenoweth stayed militia-friendly because it played well in deep-red Idaho, I imagine Cheney is thinking that bringing the Browns to Justice might drive some of the GOP's most passionate supporters over to the Libertarians or some fringe anti-tax faction and away from the loving bosom of the GOP. Better to leave 'em be. Typical willingness to sell out the public interest for the sake of keeping an iron grip on power.

If Janet Reno personally directed the Waco fiasco, I'm sure the Cheney-Rove axis is pulling the strings of federal law enforcement in this case.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

What is this political crap doing here? This ain't Ranting & Raving.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Brown SUV seized after crash
By CAROL ROBIDOUX
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff
8 hours ago

A sport-utility vehicle owned by convicted tax-evader Elaine Brown was confiscated by federal marshals after it was involved in a two-vehicle crash Tuesday on Route 12A in Lebanon.

Grafton resident Judy Dunham said her 17-year-old daughter was on her way to one of her two jobs about 11 a.m. when her daughter's Chrysler Concord sedan was hit by a Chevy Blazer at an intersection.

Dunham said the man driving the Blazer, identified to her by Lebanon police as Jason Gerhard, 22, of Brookhaven, N.Y., did not immediately stop.

"He drove the Blazer up to the next plaza and parked it, then walked back through the woods and up through the Interstate," Dunham said. "He had to cross two lanes of traffic just to get back to the accident scene. He refused to give my daughter his information."

She said police told her there were two passengers in the Blazer, residents of Maryland.

U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier confirmed last night that he got a call from Lebanon police once they learned the Blazer was registered to Elaine Brown.

"We impounded the vehicle pending investigation because it is a fugitive's vehicle," Monier said. "What concerns us is that someone was driving a fugitive's car. We are investigating the circumstances under which this individual ended up driving Elaine Brown's vehicle."

The Browns, of Lebanon, were found guilty in January of federal tax evasion, and were sentenced in April to serve five years in prison.

They have been holed up in their home since April, Monier said, and have threatened violence against officials who attempt to take them into custody.

Supporters of the Browns are not restricted from coming and going from the property, Monier said.

"We can't arrest someone just for visiting the Browns," he said.

But because of their status as fugitives, Monier said anyone found to be "aiding or abetting the Browns in their continued obstruction of justice" are subject to arrest, if evidence warrants.

He said federal marshals are actively investigating "a few individuals" who may fit that description. He would not elaborate on whether the driver involved in Tuesday's accident is among those under investigation.

Dunham said the whole situation is frustrating.

Her daughter's car was totaled. Because the insurance on the Browns' Blazer has expired, her daughter, a college student, is left with no transportation to her jobs or to school.

"He hit the rear quarter panel with such impact that it twisted the whole rear end of the car," Dunham said. "That Blazer had to be going at a good rate to do the damage it did."

She said her daughter suffered a concussion after her head hit the window, and her shoulder is bruised.

"No, I have no expectation that the Browns will offer to do the right thing, to pay for the damages," Dunham said.

"I will deal with it. It's just that here's my daughter, a law-abiding citizen, working and paying her insurance, hit by some out-of-state driver in a car owned by the Browns, with no insurance. And nothing will happen to the Browns. How can it?"

Dunham said even talking about the accident makes her nervous.

"When we first moved here, Elaine Brown was our dentist. She only saw my kids a few times. But still, it's a little unnerving, with all that's going on," Dunham said.

Yesterday the Concord Monitor reported that Brown acknowledged during a Tuesday Internet radio broadcast that his SUV was taken by marshals. He explained that "a friend" was using the vehicle to buy him some eggs.

"The Browns are in the papers, just about every day, making their stand. But here Ed Brown sends someone out for eggs, so he says, and this guy is speeding down one of the busiest roads in Lebanon when he almost kills my daughter," said Dunham. "How am I supposed to feel about that?"

Monier said he understands those who would like the stand-off between the Browns and officials to be resolved quickly.

"I can't tell you exactly when it will end, but it will end the right way. Ed and Elaine Brown could end this right now. We've kept open the lines of communication. Our action yesterday, impounding the vehicle of a fugitive, is part of a process," Monier said.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

"I will deal with it. It's just that here's my daughter, a law-abiding citizen, working and paying her insurance, hit by some out-of-state driver in a car owned by the Browns, with no insurance.
Her daughter should have had uninsured motorist coverage.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Monier said he understands those who would like the stand-off between the Browns and officials to be resolved quickly.

"I can't tell you exactly when it will end, but it will end the right way. Ed and Elaine Brown could end this right now. We've kept open the lines of communication. Our action yesterday, impounding the vehicle of a fugitive, is part of a process," Monier said.

Monier should probably quit using the "we've kept open the lines of communication" line considering that the Marshals cut the Browns' phone service a month ago.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Cpt Banjo wrote:
"I will deal with it. It's just that here's my daughter, a law-abiding citizen, working and paying her insurance, hit by some out-of-state driver in a car owned by the Browns, with no insurance.
Her daughter should have had uninsured motorist coverage.
She might lose her insurance. I've seen it happen.

The guy should set up a "Victims of Ed & Elaine" relief fund to help cover the costs and help out anyone else affected financially by their fiasco (like the Town of Plainfield for the $15k stolen equipment).