Paranoia runs deep in the Ed Brown case

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The Quatloos reward is still available!
La contestacion está "quatro."

An alternative answer, which will not be understood by some TPs: the number of legs a dog would have if you called its tail a leg.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:Hmmm, I'll give a billion Quatloos to anyone who can tell me what one plus three is, buy I won't accept four as an answer!
"one plus three" is an addition problem.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Mega-wooooosh on all Quatloosians.

The basic premise of Demo's challenge was that SHE GETS TO MAKE THE RULES and change them on a whim (said behavior is generic to women, but adopted by TPs making challenges.)

It doesn't matter what answer is given -- it's automatically wrong because the challenger is also the decider as to what is acceptable as a correct answer.

1 + 3 = :?: Where the hell is that brick wall emoticon?
webhick

Post by webhick »

Nikki wrote:Mega-wooooosh on all Quatloosians.

The basic premise of Demo's challenge was that SHE GETS TO MAKE THE RULES and change them on a whim (said behavior is generic to women, but adopted by TPs making challenges.)

It doesn't matter what answer is given -- it's automatically wrong because the challenger is also the decider as to what is acceptable as a correct answer.

It's fun to try.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Joe Dirt
Anonymous Administerial Adviser

Post by Joe Dirt »

Wait a minute... I may have the answer. I've been a CPA for many years now and think I can win this..

Q: How much is 1 + 3?

A: How much do you want it to be??
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Nikki wrote:Mega-wooooosh on all Quatloosians.

Yeah, but Demo's version is more fun than John Bulten's.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

CaptainKickback wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Hmmm, I'll give a billion Quatloos to anyone who can tell me what one plus three is, buy I won't accept four as an answer!
The answer is 10! In a base 4 numbering system.......

Since you did not specify the base numbering system involved, my answer is correct (in base 4) and fits the criteria of not being 4.

I repeat, I am more than a pretty-boy slab of man-toy. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
AHEM! Per my logic above, why am I not the winner?

Demo has not discounted my answer. Nor is it my fault if she left a mathematical logic loophole big enough to drive a truck through. It is also the only base numbering system 1 + 3 will give an answer that IS NOT 4.

Therefore, based on the generous allowances given to us by Demo, I have successfully answered the question based entirely on the parameters she gave.
Now you have to file a UCC form to put her in dishonor.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:AHEM! Per my logic above, why am I not the winner?

Demo has not discounted my answer. Nor is it my fault if she left a mathematical logic loophole big enough to drive a truck through. It is also the only base numbering system 1 + 3 will give an answer that IS NOT 4.

Therefore, based on the generous allowances given to us by Demo, I have successfully answered the question based entirely on the parameters she gave.
Your answer was still 4. You just came up with a different way to say it.
Or...
Rephrasing the question and presenting it as an answer is not really an answer. You answered the question with a question.

:)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

In response to CaptainKickback, webhick wrote:
You answered the question with a question.
That's a Socratic technique routinely used by law professors, a few of whom haunt these pages of course.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Is this not the 100th post? Should I not lock the thread?
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The answer to Demo's challenge is that there is no answer.

Demo wasn't challenging anyone to come up with a way of saying "4" without saying "4"; she was saying that Brown was posing a question and then rejecting the only correct answer.

Oh, and this thread is over.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.