Is the IRS a government agency?

Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Re: Is the IRS a government agency?

Post by Quixote »

In 1997, after the Roth hearings, the Commissioner's mail spiked. At that time I was working in the Problem Resolution Program (PRP) of the IRS's Customer Service Division. A memo came out asking for volunteers to go to DC to help answer the mail. A trip to DC on the government's dime sounded good to me, so I volunteered. There were four of us dealing with the letters. 90%* of the letters were from people with legitimate gripes that would have been handled by PRP if the people had written directly to them. Most of those were forwarded to the taxpayer's local PRP office for a resolution. The other 10%* were from tax deniers. Although in theory we were handling the mail in FIFO order, in practice the tax denier letters were passed over in favor of those from people with real problems. Someone came up with a one size fits all letter to send to the tax deniers, but we still had to sift through their drivel in case one of them had an actual problem that needed to be addressed. When I went home after 6 weeks the tax denier pile seemed undiminished to me.

*By volume and weight. Tax denier correspondence usually 10 to 20 times larger than that from someone with an actual problem.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Quixote wrote:........Tax denier correspondence usually 10 to 20 times larger than that from someone with an actual problem.
Wow! Bloated, gassy, pointless correspondence that's 10 to 20 times the volume of the paperwork from people with legitimate problems! What a surprise!

:)

If only American society could harness and use the energy from the hot gas generated by blowhard gas bags such as Edward Lewis Brown, Dave Champion, Phil Hart, Peter E. ("Blowhard") Hendrickson, and Larken Rose......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Quixote wrote:Someone came up with a one size fits all letter to send to the tax deniers, but we still had to sift through their drivel in case one of them had an actual problem that needed to be addressed.
There's usually an inverse ratio between self-righteous outrage and coherence.

I sometimes get emails from people about grievances about estates or courts, and the more angry the letter, the more difficult it is to figure out what the actual complaint might be.

Most tax deniers operate on pure outrage, and so the factual content of their correspondence varies between minimal and non-existent.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I also love the way that these idjits include variations on sentences like "if you do not respond to this letter within X days, I will take your nonresponse as an admission that you have copnceded the truth of what is contained in my letter."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools