Ed, Elaine, and The Southern Poverty Law Center

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
gezco

Post by gezco »

Ed seems to be completely insane. The Concord monitor wrote:
When an employee Town Hall opened the envelope from the Browns, they found, in lieu of a check, a handwritten letter and a set of documents purporting to establish the Browns as "stewards" of the residential property, owned by the "Lord."

"Nay! Nay! The land . . . at 401 Center of Town Road, Plainfield, New Hampshire, and all that is in and upon it, including the Lords bodies, are in the kingdom of heaven, belonging to the Lord, have been claimed by him, and thus can be claimed by no man, nor can any man have beneficial interest in it," the unsigned letter reads. "Stand down and away from the Lords land and the bodies of the Lord. So it is written. So it is done."

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs ... /707210350
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Ed and Elaine make the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... ome-center

--Los Angeles Times, July 20, 2007.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wvfoos
Quatloos Destroyer of Lives (Level 1)

Post by wvfoos »

CaptainKickback wrote:However, he was never, ever a gas-bag, I-am-superior-to-thou-so-I-should-make-all-decisions-for-you senator.
No, that would be the concealed weapon permit-owning, yet strident gun control advocate Dianne Feinstein.
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

"Nay! Nay! The land . . . at 401 Center of Town Road, Plainfield, New Hampshire, and all that is in and upon it, including the Lords bodies, are in the kingdom of heaven, belonging to the Lord, have been claimed by him, and thus can be claimed by no man, nor can any man have beneficial interest in it," the unsigned letter reads. "Stand down and away from the Lords land and the bodies of the Lord. So it is written. So it is done."
Fine, kick the Browns off of the Lord's land. Effing squatters!
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

CaptainKickback wrote:
wvfoos wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:However, he was never, ever a gas-bag, I-am-superior-to-thou-so-I-should-make-all-decisions-for-you senator.
No, that would be the concealed weapon permit-owning, yet strident gun control advocate Dianne Feinstein.
I will cut her some slack. Prior to being a senator, she was mayor of San Francisco.

She became mayor when councilman Harvey Milk went nuts and shot and killed mayor Mosconi, in city hall. Milk and his counsel resorted to the now infamous "twinkie" defense.
I refuse to cut her any such slack. Even "the little people" who pay her salary and benefits have the right to defend their persons against violence; self-defense is not merely the province of the socio-politico-economic elites.

If I were the Head Bull Goose Looney here in CA, I would outlaw armed private security guards, all CCW permits, and forbid LEOs from carrying weapons while off-duty, if the ordinary private citizen is enjoined from carrying a weapon for self-defense. Let the hoity-toity crowd experience a little bit of healthy fear.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

CaptainKickback wrote:
UGA Lawdog wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:She became mayor when councilman Harvey Milk went nuts and shot and killed mayor Mosconi, in city hall. Milk and his counsel resorted to the now infamous "twinkie" defense.
No, Harvey Milk was one of the murder victims, along with Mayor Moscone. The killer was Dan White. And the "Twinkie defense" didn't get him acquitted. The jury convicted him of voluntary manslaughter.
I stand corrected.

And for the record, I said the defendant and his counsel used the famous "twinkie" defense, I did not say it worked. It failed miserably.
You're both right, and you're both wrong.

The defense worked in the sense that White was judged incapable of premeditated murder, and was found guilty of only voluntary manslaughter even though he entered SF City Hall with a loaded gun, evaded metal detectors, and reloaded after shooting Moscone and before shooting Milk.

And you're both wrong if you think that White claimed that his diminished capacity was caused by eating Twinkies. The psychiatrist who testified in his defense said that White was depressed and that his consumption of junk fund was *evidence* of his depression, not the *cause* of his depression.

See http://www.snopes.com/legal/twinkie.asp for details.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.