Irwin Schiff trial transcript is now online

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Irwin Schiff trial transcript is now online

Post by Demosthenes »

http://realtruth.biz/misc/index.htm

Trivia Bit #1: Irwin uses the word "incidentally" 34 times. He thought he was cleverly changing the topic to present his seminar materials to the jury each and every time.

Trivia Bit #2: The most quoted phrase by the tax protesters who witnessed the trial was "I will not allow the law in my courtroom." You'll find it plastered all over the internet but you won't find it in the transcript...
Paul

Post by Paul »

So you're saying it's been doctored? No surprise.
SteveSy

Re: Irwin Schiff trial transcript is now online

Post by SteveSy »

Demosthenes wrote:http://realtruth.biz/misc/index.htm

Trivia Bit #1: Irwin uses the word "incidentally" 34 times. He thought he was cleverly changing the topic to present his seminar materials to the jury each and every time.

Trivia Bit #2: The most quoted phrase by the tax protesters who witnessed the trial was "I will not allow the law in my courtroom." You'll find it plastered all over the internet but you won't find it in the transcript...
Slick Demo......I have to hand it to you, you are a master of deception.

You're right it does not have that "exact" phrase. However, it's clear the judge would not allow the written or spoken law in the courtroom. I suggest people read the transcript before accepting Demo's cleverly written statement.

I've always been astonished at the fact that someone can not even show the very law they used to form an opinion to come to the conclusion they were not going to violate it. It's akin to facing a jury of knowingly running a stop sign but not being able to show a picture of the stop sign covered with trees and having the judge tell the jury, “no, the stop sign was clearly visible. I'm not going to let you confuse the jury.”
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

CaptainKickback wrote:Looks like it was a bitter P.I.L.L. to swallow.

A warehouse bank - send your money off shore and then access it through an ATM card to hid it from the government. Not that original.

Also, Schiff comes off as a boob and a living example of why a person should not be their own attorney. Remember, at one point, the other guy sitting with Schiff wanted to sperate himself from Schiff.
Ya, he was pretty sorry...I agree.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I still love Irwin's PILL account number: 1040
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

Only 34 times? Amatuer.

He should take lessons from this guy:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7IBvZlRqOTw
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

RyanMcC wrote:

Only 34 times? Amatuer.

He should take lessons from this guy:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7IBvZlRqOTw
Ain't it funny how short memories are on the Hill?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

SteveSy wrote: It's akin to facing a jury of knowingly running a stop sign but not being able to show a picture of the stop sign covered with trees and having the judge tell the jury, “no, the stop sign was clearly visible. I'm not going to let you confuse the jury.”
Very bad analogy since what you describe above about the "stop sign" is a fact, not the law. The jury decides the facts - the judge instructs on the law - a long standing principle of American jurisprudence.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Dezcad wrote:
SteveSy wrote: It's akin to facing a jury of knowingly running a stop sign but not being able to show a picture of the stop sign covered with trees and having the judge tell the jury, “no, the stop sign was clearly visible. I'm not going to let you confuse the jury.”
Very bad analogy since what you describe above about the "stop sign" is a fact, not the law. The jury decides the facts - the judge instructs on the law - a long standing principle of American jurisprudence.
It be more like a judge not allowing you to argue that the words "stop" on the stop sign actually had a legal meaning of "run through". Arguing tax laws don't apply to private sector earning is just as stupid and shouldn't be let in.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I should point out that the link above is only part of the transcript. It's missing thousands of pages.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:I should point out that the link above is only part of the transcript. It's missing thousands of pages.
I doubt if the average Shiffite would notice. They're not big on continuity.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Or reading comprehension either if they actually swallow the bilge he purveys. So, no, I doubt if they would notice, since most of it is way over their reading comprehension level as it is, too many two and three syllable words.