Ron Paul: Wacko Magnet

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Ron Paul: Wacko Magnet

Post by The Observer »

"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
hartley

Post by hartley »

Hang on, I'm confused.

The fact that Ron Paul is a wacko magnet is *news?*

::blinks::

Because I could have sworn it was olds... :roll:
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Caldwell notes that the head of the Pasadena Meetup Group, Bill Dumas, sent a desperate letter to Paul headquarters: "We're in a difficult position of working on a campaign that draws supporters from laterally opposing points of view, and we have the added bonus of attracting every wacko fringe group in the country....
Wackos of most kinds (including tax protesters) live life as a kind of continuous Rorschach inkblot test, constantly seeing what they want to see and not seeing what they don't want to see.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

Joe Banister at Ron Paul Rally:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iAZYqIVvTIo

Sane people can support him too though.

Andrew Napolitano (Fox News Senior Judicial Analyst):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1SU0zuUzrSg
(Speech made June 2007)
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

RyanMcC wrote:Joe Banister at Ron Paul Rally:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iAZYqIVvTIo

Sane people can support him too though.

Andrew Napolitano (Fox News Senior Judicial Analyst):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1SU0zuUzrSg
(Speech made June 2007)
What is the point of that link to Napolitano's speech about the Patriot Act? He never mentions Ron Paul. Nor does he say anything to show he's sane. One can be quite crazy and still be opposed to the Patriot Act.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

Quixote wrote: What is the point of that link to Napolitano's speech about the Patriot Act? He never mentions Ron Paul. Nor does he say anything to show he's sane. One can be quite crazy and still be opposed to the Patriot Act.
I agree that video doesn't make him look the most sane, but he normally is. That can be a disputable fact though.

At the end of that clip he mentions Ron Paul twice. It was actually part of a longer 40 minute speech he gave. (It was suprisingly the shortest clip I could find of it).

8:28 mark he mentions Ron Paul twice, it is the very last thing in that clip so it would have been easy to miss.

Ron Paul was sitting just off camera and gave a speech at that event as well.

--

I'll quote it:

"Where does all of this lead us? Well, it leads us to the fact that we need a Ron Paul in the White House more desperately now than we have at any other time in our history."

"In his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us."
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

I can't think of any Presidential candidate that didn't have some nutballs supporting them. Heck, we've even elected some of the nutballs themselves (Clinton, if you're a right-winger. Bush, if you're a left-winger).
LDE

No surprise

Post by LDE »

Captain Kickback wrote:
By the way, say what you will about Bush 43, his current approval rating is more than double that of Congress. Go figure.
No big surprise there. The majority voted for ending the war in Iraq, and Congress obviously isn't going to do that. The minority hates Congress because it's controlled by the opposite party. On top of all that, the GOP has stymied virtually all domestic legislation by the threat of filibuster, leading to yet another "do nothing" Congress.

As for the residual approval for the President, put it down to the primate instinct to line up in a hierarchical pyramid under the alpha male. Educated persons have learned to resist this instinct (along with many others) but our country has famously become one of the most ignorant among wealthy nations, so it's no surprise that some 25–30% stick to the principle of "worship the leader."
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

A do nothing Congress can be a good thing. Look at the messes we get into when Congress does something. From ill concieved wars to ill convieved social programs, there is enough for everyone to hate.