NH Free Stater Leaves Country

webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

NH Free Stater Leaves Country

Post by webhick »

Slow news day here, so I picked this up at the Concord Monitor.

Frank Szabo, a Free Stater, recently ran for Hillsborough County Sheriff. He lost. He has now left the country and possibly emigrated to Chile, with the best reason ever: "In my opinion, there was nothing else I could do which could make a real difference."

I would highly recommend that more Free Staters make a difference in exactly this way. It would make things more pleasant up here. I feel bad for Chile, though. Although I do wonder what the appeal was. Not that I think Chile is a bad place or anything, just that I'm curious as to why he chose Chile and not some other country.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: NH Free Stater Leaves Country

Post by Famspear »

From the article:
“As some of you may know, my family and I have left the country,” Szabo wrote on his campaign’s page. “This was a decision which was a possibility many months ago. If it were not for the campaign, we would have left much earlier. After having lost The Primary, it became a certainty. In my opinion, there was nothing else I could do which could make a real difference.”
He feels that the only remaining way he could make a "real difference" (whatever that means to him) was to be elected sheriff. So, when the voters rejected him, he felt there was nothing more he could do in this country to make a "real difference" ????? So he moved to Chile?? I wonder whether he is planning on trying to make a "difference" in Chile.....

:?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Maybe he had family or citizenship so they had to take him. His choice was probably based on who'd have him, these nutballs aren't exactly welcomed everywhere with open arms. He'll be scurrying back fast enough when he finds out exactly how much he can make a difference in Chile.

Just as long as they don't start coming up here to Canada, a quadrennial threat. They seem to assume we're desperate for some of their down-home crazy. We've taken Randy Quaid off your hands, that's enough.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Frank Szabo, a Free Stater, recently ran for Hillsborough County Sheriff. He lost. He has now left the country and possibly emigrated to Chile, with the best reason ever: "In my opinion, there was nothing else I could do which could make a real difference."
He thought he could make a "real difference" as a county sheriff?

I don't know how things work in New Hampshire, but in Pennsylvania the county sheriff is mostly administrative, things like transporting prisoners and serving writs. If a sheriff is making a "difference" and is in the news, it's usually a bad thing, like corruption or some major screw up. Doing a good job means that you don't get noticed.

Szabo sounds like one of those nuts who think that the office of sheriff has some special place in common law or constitutional law (I'm not sure which), and he was probably planning on using the office to mount a defense against the encroachment of the evil federal government.

So Hillsborough County (and the nation generally) is almost certainly much better off.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

There's a popular screen grab on Facebook from some woman's Twitter account. She says she's moving to Australia "because their president is a Christian who speaks the truth".

A few points are in order:

Australia has a Prime Minister...who is a woman...and an atheist.
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Unidyne wrote:There's a popular screen grab on Facebook from some woman's Twitter account. She says she's moving to Australia "because their president is a Christian who speaks the truth".

She probably confused Australia with Antarctica.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'd like to be generous and say she probably meant Austria which is phonetically close enough to Australia to confound a geographic illiterate. However, while it does have a president the current incumbent is agnostic.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

He'll be back whimpering to be let back in once he gets bored with this latest libertarian pipe dream. Patagonia?

What struck me about these free state juggleheads and hill billies is how impractical and unhelpful they are in general. At their Porcupine Festival I remember Garrett Lear there as well as the Liberty dollar hawkers; even Larken Rose made a cameo appearance before he was put in the slammer for a while.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

This is a tragedy. A proud principled patriot has given up on our once-great country. My heart is broken.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Unidyne wrote:There's a popular screen grab on Facebook from some woman's Twitter account. She says she's moving to Australia "because their president is a Christian who speaks the truth".

Having a prime minister is not inconsistent with having a president. For example, Germany has both a prime minister and a president, but the president is a largely ceremonial office that actually serves the same function as a monarch in a constitutional monarchy.

Australia is a constitutional monarchy and has no president as such, but does have a president of its Senate. The current president of the Australian Senate is John Hogg, and he is a Catholic with published views on the role of religion in politics.

So the original comment is not quite a crazy as it first sounds.

Actually, maybe it's crazier. Moving to Australia because of the religious views of the president of the Senate would like be moving to the United States because you like the religious views of Joe Biden.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

LPC wrote:Actually, maybe it's crazier. Moving to Australia because of the religious views of the president of the Senate would like be moving to the United States because you like the religious views of Joe Biden.
Really?
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

LPC wrote:
He thought he could make a "real difference" as a county sheriff?
Remember -- Many of the "First Last: Family Of" [Non Domestic Mail] types ardently believe that the Sheriff is the be-all and end-all of law enforcement authority. Many sovereignoramuses have served papers on their local Sheriff demanding the arrest of anyone from the President on down to their next door neighbor. Said papers are normally consigned to File 86,
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

They also think a Grand Jury is something akin to The Jedi High Council.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LPC

Post by LPC »

I've started a separate thread on Mr. Szabo's frivolous Pennsylvania income tax returns.

And the docket of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court shows Mr. Szabo's address to be in New Hampshire. So either Mr. Szabo never bothered to tell the court his current address, or he never moved to Chile after all.

It's a little flaky to lose an election and mouth off about emigrating to a different country. So unlike his behavior in other aspects of his life. :sarcasmon:
Dan Evans