Pete Hesser convicted for tax crimes

bobhurt
Scalawag
Scalawag

Pete Hesser convicted for tax crimes

Post by bobhurt »

On Wednesday, 6 December 2012, after 3 hours of deliberation in a 7-day trial, a Ft. Myers jury in USDC returned a guilty verdict on 3 counts of filing fraudulent returns (1099-OID method) and tax evasion (putting home in a trust). Huntsville AL attorney Larry Becraft defended Pete. According to Larry, the jury really did not like Pete's use of the 1099-OID "method". Pete's wife previously pled guilty and took 6 months in an ankle bracelet, for which she became a star government witness in the barbecuing of Pete. The court ordered everyone to stay away from her or he would put Pete in prison immediately. Pete remains free while waiting for sentencing.

According to an observer of the proceedings, Larry did an admirable job of preserving issues for appeal, which the judge vocally discouraged by saying the machinations would do no good. The defense presented an array of witnesses, but two, Theresa Marty and Michael Harris, made it crystal clear that they taught Pete his methods for honorable purposes, and not for any illegal purpose. The observer believed that testimony destroyed the prosecutor's case. The jury disagreed, obviously.

In a side bar prior to Theresa Marty's testimony, according to the observer, the judged removed the jury while the prosecutor revealed to the court that the DOJ planned to prosecute Theresa Marty. When the jury returned, Marty testified anyway.

Let's see. If the jury convicted Pete for using Marty's 1099-OID technique of filing fraudulent returns and getting undeserved refunds, will a California jury acquit her or wrongdoing?

I guess only the Shadow knows.

But I know that the phony 1099-OID method of obtaining undeserved tax refunds has created a lot of human wreckage, putting the fraudulent filers in worse circumstances than ever. I suppose it has wrecked more marriages than Pete Hesser's. What a waste.

Incidentally, Pete and his wife lived together until shortly before the trial when a flareup between them erupted consequent upon her revelation that she planned to testify against him. The DOJ knows how to use spouses against one another.

Bob Hurt
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: Pete Hesser convicted for tax crimes

Post by Dezcad »

bobhurt wrote: .....made it crystal clear that they taught Pete his methods for honorable purposes, and not for any illegal purpose.
What honorable purposes could Pete have for using 1099-OIDs?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

bobhurt wrote:...Theresa Marty and Michael Harris, made it crystal clear that they taught Pete his methods for honorable purposes, and not for any illegal purpose.
bobhurt wrote:But I know that the phony 1099-OID method of obtaining undeserved tax refunds has created a lot of human wreckage, putting the fraudulent filers in worse circumstances than ever.
Bob, do you see the contradiction here with these statements?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

bobhurt wrote:...Theresa Marty and Michael Harris, made it crystal clear that they taught Pete his methods for honorable purposes, and not for any illegal purpose.
I'll repeat the question Bob, yet again, what possible honorable purposes??? a 1099 OID has one very specific use, and it is not something that most taxpayers will ever or should ever come in contact with. The only other purpose for using it would be to commit fraud.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paul

Post by Paul »

But it was very innocent, light-hearted fraud!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Oh well then, that makes it all better, except that the court didn't seem to see it that way for some reason, I guess back to the delusion board then for another try..
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Paul wrote:But it was very innocent, light-hearted fraud!
I've got this bizarre feeling as if i just heard a snippet from a Gilbert and Sullivan song, but i can't quite place the show it's from.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

grixit wrote:
Paul wrote:But it was very innocent, light-hearted fraud!
I've got this bizarre feeling as if i just heard a snippet from a Gilbert and Sullivan song, but i can't quite place the show it's from.
Perhaps "Utopia, Limited"?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Unfortunately, I'm not a G&S fan and I made that up myself.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well you were in ballpark range of some of the lyrics to "A more Humane Mikado" from The Mikado;

My object all sublime
I shall achieve in time —
To let the punishment fit the crime —
The punishment fit the crime;
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment!
Of innocent merriment!
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs