Authentic Sovrun Gibberish

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Authentic Sovrun Gibberish

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I reading the latest idiocy from C. Gregory Melick, I noticed the magic words "suae potentae esse". In wondering what those words mean, I found the following (but cover your keyboards first):

http://lawofpeace.org/Affidavit.html

And -- keep the covers on -- I also found this:

http://usa-the-republic.com/abatements/Abate_4.pdf

It's particularly interesting in that it describes the rationale behind the "John-Moron: Sovereign" (or "John Moron, of the family Sovereign") naming affectation; in its claim that "Christian Law" is "acknowledged by the every state of the union of States in America; in its exposition of the critical difference involved in, say, "united" vs. "United"; in its explanation of why sovruns use bizarre mailing addresses; and much more. Of course, it relies heavily on Bible verses, quote mining, and outdated legal treatises (Blackstone's Commentaries) and legal dictionaries (Bouvier and Black).
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Authentic Sovrun Gibberish

Post by wserra »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:the magic words "suae potentae esse".
I think that's Latin for "What a guy".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

wserra wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:the magic words "suae potentae esse".
I think that's Latin for "What a guy".
It seems to me that the sovruns all speak latin. It makes me wonder if their common law judges are latin americans. They also have an affinity for bible quotes in elizabethan english. I wonder about that too.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Montana Notasovrun wrote:They also have an affinity for bible quotes in elizabethan english. I wonder about that too.
It's the belief that the 1611 King James Version is the only true Bible. This theory seems to overlap with some other, well, unique theories
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I reading the latest idiocy from C. Gregory Melick, I noticed the magic words "suae potentae esse".
"of ones own power"
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Thule wrote:
Montana Notasovrun wrote:They also have an affinity for bible quotes in elizabethan english. I wonder about that too.
It's the belief that the 1611 King James Version is the only true Bible. This theory seems to overlap with some other, well, unique theories
In spite of the fact that we actually have the notes and transcripts from the very deliberative process by which the KJV was produced (including arguments over what word to use in some instances, not to mention the fact that in some cases they just kept the words from the Bishop's or Tyndale bibles) there are those who assert that God intervened and reissued the original text, just in English. Thus, no amount of textual criticism is valid-- these are the words God wanted, regardless of what you think. Likewise, any variation from earlier manuscripts than what the committee had access to only proves that those manuscripts are corrupt.

Oh, and while the official name of the KJV is the Authorized Version, some people call it the Author's Version.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

There's a good book on the writing of the King James bible (47 scholars in 6 committees) called: God's secretaries : the making of the King James Bible by Adam Nicolson.

The main point of the book is that it was at heart a re-write of the Tyndale bible corrected for translation errors by going back to the most reliable of the Greek, Hebrew, and latin sources. So if it is the word of god he did it through committees and through the vagaries of the translation of ancient text. Not quite what I'd chose to use as the basis for my world view.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

grixit wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:I reading the latest idiocy from C. Gregory Melick, I noticed the magic words "suae potentae esse".
"of ones own power"

The translator I used says it means 'its potential to be'.

My guess is, it's supposed to mean something like 'by my own hand' but it is more impressive than mea manu in Melick's mind.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

And here's me thinking "suae" was a hog call.....
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:And here's me thinking "suae" was a hog call.....
It is. In this context it's a hogwash call. 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I think that a better maxim for Melick is "grosse Corvette, petite quequette". It's Quebec slang which translates as "big Corvette, small [something-or-other]." It describes people who compensate for their own perceived inadequacies by puffing themselves up somehow -- perhaps with a big car like a Corvette, or with an old legal maxim, rendered in Latin, which no one in the legal profession uses anymore but which can be used to fool the uneducated into thinking that the user is Very Powerful and Important.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Chados
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Chados »

If you read this stuff, it's interesting in that it shows a new trend in the sovereign community. It's the same old BS but with a new, more openly religious twist. We've been seeing RuSA go this way, and it's how "Justice" Nathan Joel Peachey preaches the Gospel of the Sovereign. Turning sovereignty into religion is the current flavor-of-the-day, I think, because they believe that they can somehow invoke the First Amendment to get out of paying taxes if they go down this road.

Beneath the fancy Latin and quotations from the KJV Bible, it's the same redemptionist bull-hockey as before. They just call the strawman a "nom de guerre" and substitute "martial law" for the lex mercatoria arguments that traditional strawman redemptionists have made ever since the days of the Posse Comitatus. There is not one single shred of originality in the sovereign community. They just dress up the same old tired craziness in new flavors when they think that they have at *last* found the magic combination of words and phrases that'll result in them having all the rights of an American and none of the responsibilities that go with being an American.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Chados wrote:They just dress up the same old tired craziness in new flavors when they think that they have at *last* found the magic combination of words and phrases that'll result in them having all the rights of an American and none of the responsibilities that go with being an American.
You've nailed exactly what frosts my shorts about these nutcases. Only an immature intellect would fail to see the consequences of "I get to drive anywhere I want on roads I don't pay for, and send my kids to schools inadequately funded by lack of money, and spend the money I won't pay for my taxes on guns!"
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold