Ann Barnhardt

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Ann Barnhardt

Post by Dr. Caligari »

There was a thread today on Free Republic about Ann Barnhardt and her "tax strike." Has anyone heard of her?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Re: Ann Barnhardt

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

Never heard of her, but I checked on the site you mentioned for her tax strike and didn't find it. She seems to be a birther, homophobe, christian, and pretty much hates nearly everyone. She is confusing to say the least.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

At her web site, http: slash slash barnhardt dot biz, she indicates that the Internal Revenue Service levied her bank account for over $20,000 in October 2012.

From her web site:
....[some of her personal data redacted by Famspear]....

Today is also the day that the IRS confiscated my bank account. I think that is positively poetic. Now you people know why I keep saying that this website won't be around much longer and YOU will have to rebuild after the collapse and war. This isn't a game. This is completely, totally real.

I heard it said recently that saints are people who put their money where their mouth is. I hope that's right. I pray that's right.

Here is this morning's online image from my [detail redacted by Famspear] personal checking account. I anticipate the business accounts will be drained early next week, too. I further expect that any monies that I attempt to deposit into any of my bank accounts will be swept by the IRS. They claim my "bill" is into the six figures, so $20,000 to them is just the very, very beginning.
I notice that she was also charged a one hundred dollar "legal processing fee" for the levy.

Maybe that got her upset.

:)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

On the same web page, in an entry dated November 7, 2012, she writes about the "tax strike":
If you are self-employed, stop paying quarterlies and DO NOT FILE next April. Boehner rolled over this morning and announced that the "Republicans" are gung-ho to raise taxes. They can only raise taxes on you if you pay taxes. Don't pay. DO NOT FILE.

IF YOU ARE NOT SELF-EMPLOYED and your employer withholds your taxes, all you have to do is increase THE NUMBER OF EXEMPTIONS YOU CLAIM. Exemptions are NOT just wife-and-kids. People who make large charitable donations kick up their exemptions, as do people with big mortgages. In theory, there is no maximum to the number of exemptions you can claim, but 9 is considered to be the "normal" maximum. Go to your human resources / payroll department tomorrow and tell them you want to increase your exemptions and thus decrease your withholding as much as possible. Then, next April, DO NOT FILE.

There is exactly ONE non-violent remedy left to you, and that is a tax strike. If you do not do this, you are guaranteeing, and I mean 1000% guaranteeing, that there will be a massive hot war and genocide in the United States within the next decade. Go find a good teenaged boy. Look into his eyes, and then understand that if we do not starve the Putsch Regime in Washington, that boy will almost certainly die in the war.
I think she's depressed.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Famspear wrote: I think she's depressed.
I think she's batsh*t crazy if she thinks her Revenue Officer (assuming she has one assigned, since levy got her $20,000 and she owes six figures--wonder how that happened?) isn't going to see her website. Evidently not enough to owe more than she's likely worth, now she's looking for prison time. Her expectations put me in mind of Ed Brown, "there'll be a revolution and all the sovs will support me in my battle to not pay!"
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Ann Barnhardt wrote:....Boehner rolled over this morning and announced that the "Republicans" are gung-ho to raise taxes.....
The Republicans are not "gung-ho" to raise taxes.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, ma'am, but unless Congress does something to change the law, lots of Federal taxes automatically go up -- under the current law (section 901 of the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001, Pub. L. No. 107-16, 115 Stat. 38, June 7, 2001, as amended) -- on January 1, 2013. This particular problem is not a result of Boehner wanting to increase your taxes, and it's not a result of Obama wanting to increase your taxes. It's because of something Congress did in 2001 when George W. Bush was president, ma'am.
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

I visited her website, thanks for the tip as to the date to view, and she has an "interesting" method for dealing with the IRS in additon to encouraging a tax strike. I also checked her calendar on her website and it is blank. She doesn't have any court dates or a report date to prison scheduled yet. Perhaps she will avoid the same fate as the Browns. She seems to be from Colorado. We get a few of our "interesting" people as immigrants from Colorado. Geez, lady, stay home please!
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

It looks like she quit her day job (commodities broker?) in order to rant on the Internet full time.

I wonder if this was a sudden onset crazy, or if it had been building up for years.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

LPC wrote:It looks like she quit her day job (commodities broker?) in order to rant on the Internet full time.

I wonder if this was a sudden onset crazy, or if it had been building up for years.
Or she may have been fired for a number of obvious reasons. Constantly harrassing payroll with demands that they stop deducting tax, general disruptive craziness in the workplace, excessive use of employer's time to rant on the internet, the possibilities are almost endless.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Montana Notasovrun wrote:Never heard of her, but I checked on the site you mentioned for her tax strike and didn't find it. She seems to be a birther, homophobe, christian, and pretty much hates nearly everyone. She is confusing to say the least.
She writes for World Net Daily?

<rimshot>

Thank you, I'll be here all week.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

The inevitable seems to have happened. Her January 10 update claims, "I was officially foreclosed upon on December 28th on my home/office here on Kornbrust Circle. The final nail in the proverbial coffin was actually the fact that I couldn't provide a 2012 tax return - due to my tax strike."

(First post on Quatloos, by the way. Thanks for such a valuable and fascinating resource!)
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Welcome to Quatloos, Gannibal! We hope you enjoy your stay with us...mostly because you're not allowed to leave and it's just so much more pleasant for everyone else if you don't fight the inevitable.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

webhick wrote:We hope you enjoy your stay with us...mostly because you're not allowed to leave and it's just so much more pleasant for everyone else if you don't fight the inevitable.
And now we will be sued by The Hotel California for copyright infringement.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I moved searcher's OT post and the responses to a new thread: Not a person and no SSN De-Tax scams.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Update as of 1/25 at 7:47 PM MST: Jesus wants you to divest yourself of all your equity investments, because of faith and Obama and maybe guns? Not clear. But the reasons are immaterial, what matters is that if you are a financial adviser and you leave your clients in equities, you are definitely going to burn in hell.

I wonder if Ms. Barnhardt ever fantasizes about having real power? I can see FINRA under a Barnhardt administration--fewer economists and experts, a lot more altars, thumbscrews and drownings.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Gannibal wrote:...Jesus wants you to divest yourself of all your equity investments...
We in the Illuminati aren't falling for that. We all know Jesus is short in the market and has a load of his options expiring at the end of the month.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self