Kent Hovind's White House Sponsored Petition for Review!

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Kent Hovind's White House Sponsored Petition for Review!

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Famspear wrote:
The idea that all this happened because prosecutors, jury members or judges wanted to "silence his ministry" is silly.
If you "know" that "they" are out to get you/silence you/whatever, you make damn sure that you don't give "them" anything with which to accomplish their goals. Presidential wannabe Gary Hart found that out the hard way, as did President Clinton. If Hovind wanted to remain free as a bird and fully able to push creationism on the rest of us, all he had to do is comply with the law. Instead, he thought he was above it.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Paths of the Sea »

Famspear wrote:
(Kent Hovind) was neither charged with
nor convicted of "tax evasion."
The decision in his wife's Tax Court case was recently entered and included the civil fraud penalty.

By this time next week, at the request of the Court, a motion for entry of decision in Kent's case should be before the Tax Court and, I suspect, include the imposition of the civil fraud penalty as to Kent.

As for the connections I see between his theology and political/tax ideology, that's my opinion for what it may be worth.

It is not an indictment of all in those separate groups. I will let the experts, if they be so inclined, give professional opinions as to why a person inclined to support the notion that "nothing is more than a few thousand years old" based on a certain interpretation of some religious text, today, January 3, 2013, might also have a tendency to embrace certain anti-government ideas, including opposition to the income tax.

I don't think it's just coincidental that Hovind doesn't think anything is more than a few thousand years old, has worked anti-government/anti-tax preaching into his ministry, and has the board of directors of the Creation Science Hall of Fame offering a defense of his criminal behavior.

Alas, for all the charges against me here regarding my opinions, I will readily admit that the "proof" regarding such things involve matters above my pay grade. You are welcome to your own opinions about that.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Paths of the Sea wrote:The decision in his wife's Tax Court case was recently entered and included the civil fraud penalty.

By this time next week, at the request of the Court, a motion for entry of decision in Kent's case should be before the Tax Court and, I suspect, include the imposition of the civil fraud penalty as to Kent.
But again, that isn't a conviction for "tax evasion." It's a civil penalty.
Paths of the Sea wrote:As for the connections I see between his theology and political/tax ideology, that's my opinion for what it may be worth.
And it is an opinion that has no facts supporting it. So it is an opinion that is worth very little in terms of making the connection between his belief in creationism and his conviction.
Paths of the Sea wrote:It is not an indictment of all in those separate groups
But that is exactly what you tried to do when you posted this above:
In the context of the present discussion, I don't think it necessary to separate young-earth creation-science promoters generally from Kent Hovind and from the Creation Science Hall of Fame and its directors.
By that statement you are implying that any other group or individual that believes in creationism should be considered as a 100% supporter of Kent Hovind and his behavior. And you are apparently supporting that conclusion based on the statemen offered by one individual speaking for one organization.
Paths of the Sea wrote: I will let the experts, if they be so inclined, give professional opinions as to why a person inclined to support the notion that "nothing is more than a few thousand years old" based on a certain interpretation of some religious text, today, January 3, 2013, might also have a tendency to embrace certain anti-government ideas, including opposition to the income tax.
But you didn't let the experts speak on this point and provide their expert opinion. You blurted it out without any facts or citations in support of your supposition.
Paths of the Sea wrote:I don't think it's just coincidental that Hovind doesn't think anything is more than a few thousand years old, has worked anti-government/anti-tax preaching into his ministry, and has the board of directors of the Creation Science Hall of Fame offering a defense of his criminal behavior.
But that is all you have going for you is coincidence. No facts, no proof, no evidence. Which is ironical in that this is same issue you have with Hovind for not having proof or facts in support of his theory of creationism. I would certainly think that you would hold yourself to the same standard that you expect of him.
Paths of the Sea wrote:Alas, for all the charges against me here regarding my opinions, I will readily admit that the "proof" regarding such things involve matters above my pay grade. You are welcome to your own opinions about that.
So, this is nothing more than you grinding an axe as I suspected. Topic locked and link to the petition will be removed.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff