Beat the Rush, Get a Fortress Lot Now!

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Beat the Rush, Get a Fortress Lot Now!

Post by grixit »

mpo wrote: A developer wants to buy Belle Isle (a park; the city and state are trying to come to a lease agreement) for $1 billion from the city. As they explain, "The island is then developed into a city-state of 35,000 people, with its own laws, customs and currency, under United States supervision as a Commonwealth." It will become a Midwest tiger that is the envy of the world.
Yeah, the problem is that people who want to create such a New Hong Kong always see themselves as the bankers and sweatshop owners, never as the workers or the shopkeepers struggling to pay off their business loans.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, aside from a few minor problems, I don't see any great impediments, other than one, the likelihood of Detroit selling it unless some waved a great lot of money at them, two, Detroit every giving up sovereignty over it, three, Michigan the same situation, four, the Fed ever approving such an arrangement, particularly as I don't think there is a constitutional means to do so, and five, giving up the taxing opportunity on that collection of money, I DON'T THINK SO!!!!! This goes well beyond willing suspension of disbelief, let alone credulity. But on the other hand, it is an entertaining concept, they have some pretty pictures, and it all reminds me much too much of several real estate sure things I remember from the distant past.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

Here's the guy behind The Citadel:

https://www.facebook.com/millerized

I'd love to know how many "patriots" have applied and given him a deposit.