Wailea Realtor charged with tax evasion

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Wailea Realtor charged with tax evasion

Post by The Operative »

July 28, 2007
HONOLULU – A Wailea Realtor specializing in high-value properties with ties to celebrity homeowners, Bruce Robert Travis, has been indicted in federal court on Oahu on seven counts of felony tax law violations.

According to the indictment returned in U.S. District Court on Thursday, Travis has been working as a real estate agent on Maui since 1982 while the charges against him relate to tax filings and actions taken since 2002, when the IRS said it was attempting to audit his tax returns.

Travis did not respond to calls to his Americorp International LLC.

Reports from the state Department of Commercial and Consumer Affairs indicate there have been questions about his business activities over the years.

In a February 2005 meeting, the state Real Estate Commission conducted a lengthy discussion of tax claims against Travis before approving a license for Americorp International LLC to operate as a real estate business.

According to minutes of the meeting, Travis’ attorney said the Internal Revenue Service filed a claim against Travis but Travis won an arbitration finding.

The indictment notes that Travis claims to have won awards from the Western Arbitration Council against the IRS and an IRS auditor. But the indictment says that the arbitration council subsequently vacated the findings.

The arbitration actions were part of the findings in support of count one of the indictment, a charge of obstructing and impeding the administration of tax laws. The charge is a federal felony carrying a possible three years in prison.

The indictment alleges that Travis filed falsified documents with the IRS and took other “frivolous actions” in an effort to impede an audit of his tax returns from 1996 through 2000. While the audit was being conducted, the indictment charges that Travis filed amended returns claiming improper deductions and falsely claiming to owe no income taxes.

In tax returns filed in 2005 and 2006, the indictment alleges that Travis also claimed charitable deductions to foundations established by a known tax protester, Royal Lamarr Hardy.

Over the same two years, Travis also filed three separate complaints seeking damages against the IRS that were repeatedly dismissed by federal district court judges.

Six counts of filing false tax returns relate to alleged improper deductions claimed in his tax returns for 1996 through 2004. The six counts all are felonies, carrying a possible three years in prison and fines up to $350,000.

State business records show that Travis was doing business as Americorp International Ltd. from 1999 through 2004 at the Kihei Plaza.

That company was dissolved in 2004, but Americorp International LLC, a limited liability company, was created in 2005, and its license approved at the Feb. 25, 2005, meeting of the Real Estate Commission. The new company is based at 214 Heleuma Place in Kihei.

Travis is listed as an active member of the Realtors Association of Maui.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.mypastlifeasjesus.com/BooksBy.html
Has Jesus Come Again?

In this new book, Bruce Robert Travis, a real estate broker in Maui, sets out to prove that he is the reincarnated soul of Jesus. He claims to have matched the soul pattern of his past-life personality as Jesus to the soul pattern of his personality in this lifetime as Bruce. To accomplish a pattern match was no easy task. He has been working on the decoding for more than 28 years. This book is the distillation of that process.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

What's ol' Ned Netterville call his blog? "Jesus of Nazareth, Tax Protestor", no?

Maybe we ought to get these two together. You know, Keymaster-Gatekeeper stuff. Should help prepare the way for the Revelation, TP style.
Last edited by wserra on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

He has been working on the decoding for more than 28 years. This book is the distillation of that process.
[/quote]

More of this "cracking the code" nonsense. Are they going to reveal that Jesus was a gunsmith from the Virgin Islands as well?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Demosthenes wrote:http://www.mypastlifeasjesus.com/BooksBy.html
Has Jesus Come Again?

In this new book, Bruce Robert Travis, a real estate broker in Maui, sets out to prove that he is the reincarnated soul of Jesus. He claims to have matched the soul pattern of his past-life personality as Jesus to the soul pattern of his personality in this lifetime as Bruce. To accomplish a pattern match was no easy task. He has been working on the decoding for more than 28 years. This book is the distillation of that process.
Is this guy somehow related to "Sonny?"
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Not that I can tell, but I haven't finished the investigation.

I can only tell you so far that he isn't Sonny.

Here's what Bruce looks like:

Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote:Not that I can tell, but I haven't finished the investigation.

I can only tell you so far that he isn't Sonny.

Here's what Bruce looks like:
What's Sonny look like?
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

He can't be Jesus. Jesus's forehead isn't that huge.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Sonny is older (he looks about 80) with long white frizzy unbrushed hair, a long white beard, and he wears all white clothing (fruit of the loom t-shirt, white tennis shorts). He has the vacant red eyes and gin blossoms of a long term lush and bears a ruddy tan. If you saw him on the street, you'd think he was a vagrant with a drinking problem.
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Post by BBFlatt »

Webhick wrote:
He can't be Jesus. Jesus's forehead isn't that huge.
Perhaps it's prosthetic.
(Someone keeps moving my chair!)
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Demosthenes wrote:Sonny is older (he looks about 80) with long white frizzy unbrushed hair, a long white beard, and he wears all white clothing (fruit of the loom t-shirt, white tennis shorts). He has the vacant red eyes and gin blossoms of a long term lush and bears a ruddy tan. If you saw him on the street, you'd think he was a vagrant with a drinking problem.
Picture televangelist Dr. Gene Scott with longer hair and a much longer frizzier beard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIwhSA9Labs
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

In tax returns filed in 2005 and 2006
Well, at least they're a little more on top of things than usual.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

wserra wrote:What's ol' Ned Netterville call his blog? "Jesus of Nazareth, Tax Protestor", no?

Maybe we ought to get these two together. You know, Keymaster-Gatekeeper stuff. Should help prepare the way for the Revelation, TP style.
http://www.jesus-on-taxes.com/
The principal resource here is a book-length essay entitled, Jesus of Nazareth, Illegal-Tax Protester, by Ned Netterville and others.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

CaptainKickback wrote:Dr. Gene Scott - R.I.P.
Incoherent ramblings, wearing two pairs of glasses simultaneously, odd hats and smoking cigars - Dr. Scott was an original. The average age of his audience was somewhere between 60 and death.
He was very popular with Berkeley students in the mid 1980s too (probably because he really liked to brag about his Stanford PhD in between strong expletives and crazy ass rants). I lived in a dorm that had four student lounges. Two were TV free, one was tuned in to Gene Scott, and one was dedicated to old episodes of the Twilight Zone.

Scott would rant for a couple of hours and then tell his followers that he wouldn't speak again until a set dollar amount was donated. He'd then sit quiet for a long period (sometimes for hours) and not utter a peep until the phone line operators announced that the targeted amount had been reached. Then right back to his rant he'd go. We got a lot of studying done while waiting for him to break his silence.

Berkeley was an odd experience at times.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Jesus of Nazareth, Illegal-Tax Protester, does not purport to be the work of bible scholars. Rather, it is the result of twenty years of research, writing, prayer and reflection by Ned Netterville, who is an unlicensed disciple of Jesus, with invaluable contributions from many others. It is, however, the first and only in-depth study, scholarly or otherwise, of how and why Jesus viewed taxes in light of his own statements and actions. Its conclusions challenge orthodox misinterpretations of Jesus' words and deeds on the subject. Its hypotheses are copiously supported in Scripture and by other authoritative sources.
Hmm... Now I am not a Biblical Literalist, but Jesus was clear on one thing: Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. Which if read literally means "pay your taxes" and if read metaphorically means "do not worry about material things and pay your taxes"
The man who executed Jesus was a Roman procurator of imperial taxes for Judea, which is the equivalent of an IRS district director of taxation for an area of the United States.
:roll:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:
Jesus of Nazareth, Illegal-Tax Protester, does not purport to be the work of bible scholars. Rather, it is the result of twenty years of research, writing, prayer and reflection by Ned Netterville, who is an unlicensed disciple of Jesus, with invaluable contributions from many others. It is, however, the first and only in-depth study, scholarly or otherwise, of how and why Jesus viewed taxes in light of his own statements and actions. Its conclusions challenge orthodox misinterpretations of Jesus' words and deeds on the subject. Its hypotheses are copiously supported in Scripture and by other authoritative sources.
Hmm... Now I am not a Biblical Literalist, but Jesus was clear on one thing: Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. Which if read literally means "pay your taxes" and if read metaphorically means "do not worry about material things and pay your taxes"
The man who executed Jesus was a Roman procurator of imperial taxes for Judea, which is the equivalent of an IRS district director of taxation for an area of the United States.
:roll:

Well, I'm sure Ned will appear to correct your "misinterpretation" of what Jesus was "really" saying. Suffice it to say, Ned has a hard problem in applying everything that Jesus teached and just picks and chooses what he feels agrees with his own philosophy. Ned was challenged here in regards to Jesus's directions in turning the other cheek, carrying burdens for Roman citizens, and giving your clothing up to Roman citizens upon demand. As per his modus operandi, Ned ducked the logical conclusions therein and resorted to "drive-by" posting.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

The Observer wrote:Well, I'm sure Ned will appear to correct your "misinterpretation" of what Jesus was "really" saying.
Yikes!
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Hmm... Now I am not a Biblical Literalist, but Jesus was clear on one thing: Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. Which if read literally means "pay your taxes" and if read metaphorically means "do not worry about material things and pay your taxes"
Just like tax protesters have intricate arguments to explain why the 16th Amendment doesn't mean what it says, they also have intricate arguments to explain why Jesus didn't mean what he said.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

LPC wrote:
Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Hmm... Now I am not a Biblical Literalist, but Jesus was clear on one thing: Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. Which if read literally means "pay your taxes" and if read metaphorically means "do not worry about material things and pay your taxes"
Just like tax protesters have intricate arguments to explain why the 16th Amendment doesn't mean what it says, they also have intricate arguments to explain why Jesus didn't mean what he said.
Most people I know have intricate arguments to explain why Jesus didn't mean what he said. Even Biblical literalists refuse to take the Bible literally when it isn't convenient.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Paul

Post by Paul »

It is, however, the first and only in-depth study, scholarly or otherwise,
Says it all, right there.