Bob Schulz linked to armed militias?

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Bob Schulz linked to armed militias?

Post by LPC »

A friend pointed me to this article, "Bob Schulz: dangerous radical or voice for liberty," because it mentions me. The article suggests that Schulz might not be the relatively harmless litigious loony that I consider him to be.

From the article:
Reviving far-right militias?

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, however, Schulz also organized a series of events in 2009 aimed at reviving the far-right Patriot movement, including appeals to armed militias.

"The fact that he gathered literally militia leaders...means that he's speaking directly to people who are arming themselves heavily to take on the government, that's their intended purpose," Beirich says.

"So it's not just that Schulz is about talking. He's also about organizing."

In 2010, Time magazine profiled Schulz, describing him as one of the far right's "philosophers…edging their followers closer to violence."
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Bob Schulz linked to armed militias?

Post by notorial dissent »

I can certainly see him doing it if he thought there was some money to be gotten out of it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

notorial dissent wrote:I can certainly see him doing it if he thought there was some money to be gotten out of it.
or a buffet
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I just don't/can't see Schulz as the philanthropic type or doing anything out of the goodness of his heart, and I just can't see what he could possibly get from the militia types that would be worth his interest or effort. I can believe a lot of things about Bob, but this one takes some doing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Some Sovrun type con men have talked up the militia, referring to it, attempting at times to encourage it, claiming some connection to it, and so forth, to get the impression (if only to themselves) that they have at their disposal some "muscle" to intimidate or overcome police and other public servants. But this supposed armed force remains totally imaginery.