Ed's call to arms

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Demosthenes wrote:
People who subscribe to a TP's email list or sign a petition concerning taxes are potential tax evaders and should have their records reviewed but someone who signs up to a site that speaks about Ed and his followers fighting to the death is not a potential risk and should not be reviewed.
Since when is signing up for an email list the same as signing your name on a petition in support of an issue? Your quantum leaps in logic are just sad, Stevie. Your attempts to equate subscribing to a email list with suing the government and filing affidavits under penalty of perjury (the Schulz lawsuit) is pathetic.
I'm not equating anything of the sort...damn you're just a wee bit slow today. Only a person with less than two brain cells would assume I was equating the two.

Besides that, signing a petition to have the government answer questions does not amount to evidence that you evade taxes yet they certainly will and have investigated anyone who has signed it. There is a seperate form you fill out if you plan on not paying until the suit is resolved. In either case though you will have your records examined as potentially avoiding taxes. Simply being on a TP email list or purchasing anything from them who gets indicted will also most likely get you investigated for avoiding taxes.

The government wanted every ip of everyone who performed certain searches on google regardless if your intentions were nefarious or not. You’re going to take the absurd position that signing up with a site that supports standing up against the government with force will not also put you on a government review list?
Last edited by SteveSy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Demosthenes wrote:Here's what Stevie wrote:
Please visit MakeTheStand.com so that you too can have a giant red flag planted in your own back yard!

But A red flag would be so cool! Then again I live in a blue neighborhood in a blue state in the city that is hosting the 2008 RNC...I digress, I'm rambling.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Personally, I want a pink flag. Red would clash with the colors I've painted the exterior of the house.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

SteveSy wrote:Simply being on a TP email list or purchasing anything from them who gets indicted will also most likely get you investigated for avoiding taxes.
Well, you've mixed two very different things here. One is purchasing an item that is used by those actively evading taxes. The other is simply being on an e-mail list and is probably not going to get you investigated. If you were to purchase or send something to the Browns, yes, you might be investigated. If you simply sign up on a website for them, no, you're very unlikely to be investigated.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Imalawman wrote:
SteveSy wrote:Simply being on a TP email list or purchasing anything from them who gets indicted will also most likely get you investigated for avoiding taxes.
Well, you've mixed two very different things here. One is purchasing an item that is used by those actively evading taxes. The other is simply being on an e-mail list and is probably not going to get you investigated.
Strange how they almost always ask for all their email lists after they're indicted. I guess they just want it for _____?

If you were to purchase or send something to the Browns, yes, you might be investigated. If you simply sign up on a website for them, no, you're very unlikely to be investigated.
So why would you be investigated for signing a petition to have the government answer questions then? You haven't purchased anything nor are you required to give anything nor are you admitting you aren't paying when you put your name on it.

Why did the government want all the ip's of everyone that made certain searches? They wanted them for ______?

Most of the people that register at Ed's site will be supporting Ed. Ed is involved in ____? Those registered people be supporting _____? If they support it what's the likelihood they're also involved in some of the same things Ed is/was involved in? It seems the government looks at the possibility a crime might have been committed and finding people who might have committed it rather than knowing a crime was committed and then finding out if you’re likely involved in it these days.
Last edited by SteveSy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

SteveSy wrote:Strange how they almost always ask for all their email lists after they're indicted. I guess they just want it for _____?
Prove it.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

I should have also pointed out that its not "anything" that you purchase, but items which are used by those that are actively avoiding taxes. Like Demo said, "prove it". Give some evidence of your assertions.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Demosthenes wrote:Personally, I want a pink flag. Red would clash with the colors I've painted the exterior of the house.
I didn't know you lived near DuPont Circle.
Agent Observer

Post by Agent Observer »

Simply being on a TP email list or purchasing anything from them who gets indicted will also most likely get you investigated for avoiding taxes.
Like everything, Stevesy, your understanding of the law and investigations is superficial and incomplete, but that never stops you from making broad, unconnected leaps of faith. It is funny, however, to watch you "go down with the ship" on each and every issue you try to argue. As a case in point, regarding what you said above, in all likelihood, the IRS already has all the documentations it needs as evidence to show that a tax evader is evading taxes. Purchasing those de-tax kits and spouting off on email lists simply shows the individuals intent, which makes a conviction that much easier, especially considering many TPs suffer from "diarrhea of the mouth" and love to talk about their "theories." But by your logic, they are really being arrested and put in jail for simply buying some scammer's de-tax package or signing up for a mailing list.

Astounding logical prowess.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

SteveSy wrote:Strange how they almost always ask for all their email lists after they're indicted. I guess they just want it for _____?
For the most part it is to check and see if there is more collaborating evidence to be found. If I email you 70 times a day and then shot up a convienence store, they might contact people on that list because they might want to know if I ever indicated I was going to shoot up that convinence store.

What if 55 of those messages were: Do you have the money yet? Can you get it from the Squirrel?

Would this tip them off to the fact that the Squirrel might be the mastermind behind this? And wouldn't they want to talk to the Squirrel find out if the Squirel was involved?
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

"Squirrel...your street name is awesome. About that money. I'm gonna have to bum $50k from you next Tuesday. And I know where you can get it from. There's this convenience store about two miles from your house. I've got the materials, you've got the mad-dog-rabid-monkey look in your eyes. It'll be a breeze. Love, Mom. PS. Your father wants to know if you've checked the fluids in your car. You know how he worries about you getting stranded in the middle of a heist."
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

So why would you be investigated for signing a petition to have the government answer questions then?
As usual, you are assuming facts not in evidence. I suspect that you are referring to WTP's so called "petition". Do have any evidence that anyone was investigated for signing that petition? I was under the impression that WTP claimed that all the investigations were triggered by their frivolous lawsuit, not by WTP submitting the petition.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Demosthenes wrote:
webhick wrote:Odd, I didn't take Demo's posts as a "come on everyone, sign up and die".
Nor did anyone with more than two brain cells.
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!! I passed the test. Apparently I have more than two brain cells!!!
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
webhick wrote:Odd, I didn't take Demo's posts as a "come on everyone, sign up and die".
Nor did anyone with more than two brain cells.
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!! I passed the test. Apparently I have more than two brain cells!!!
You know, I was writing a reply about having only 1 1/2 brain cells...and then I realized something.

The "nor" reminded me of the neither/nor either/or rule from school.

Neither webhick nor anyone with more than two braincells misinterpreted what Demo said as ...

I actually started laughing when I saw that when applying the neither/nor rule (and everything I learned when doing logic problems), it was implied that I had less than two brain cells. :)

Ah, good times, good times.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:
Prove it.
I have never heard of a tax protester being asked for "email lists" after being indicted, or even convicted.

For example, Larken Rose had an active email list, was indicted, convicted, and sent to prison, and was never asked who was on his list. (And has continued to use the list since being released from prison.)

The IRS frequently asks for customer lists when a promoter is enjoined, but that's different. As we've discussed before, the IRS would want to check the returns (or lack of returns) of those who bought the bogus tax scheme to see if they were using the scheme. That's perfectly natural.

What I find absolutely bizarre is that Sybil believes that the federal government, which has neither the budget nor the political will to take into custody a convicted felon even though they know exactly where he is, nevertheless wants to spend *thousands* of man hours tracking down and investigating people who have done nothing other than *read* about the convicted felon.

As statements by Marshal Monier show, the government may be willing to grab the "low-hanging fruit" represented by the more visible supporters who are aiding and abetting a fugitive, but the idea of investiging everyone who visits a web site is absolutely ridiculous even by Sybil's very (very) peculiar standards.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Demosthenes wrote:
Prove it.
That's just silly....you have to be joking after several threads were created discussing this very issue and most all of you defended that act.

When the DOJ wants their client list they want anyone that they mailed information too so that includes anyone just subscribing to an information list.

Whatever.....
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

LPC wrote:The IRS frequently asks for customer lists when a promoter is enjoined, but that's different. As we've discussed before, the IRS would want to check the returns (or lack of returns) of those who bought the bogus tax scheme to see if they were using the scheme. That's perfectly natural.
Exactly why is being on a email list any different than being on someone's client list? It's the same thing. The DOJ doesn't ask for only people that paid money for the info. They want anyone who asked to see the information. When you subscribe to an email list you are asking to get something related to their material. You are asking to hear about and to understand their methods.

This is so much of a joke its absurd.....A total 180 from the last time we discussed this.

Again, the DOJ wanted the IP's of everyone that made certain types of searches on all major search engines. I mean, if your suspected of committing a crime by merely making a search then just about anything is game for the DOJ.
Last edited by SteveSy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

SteveSy wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
Prove it.
That's just silly....you have to be joking after several threads were created discussing this very issue and most all of you defended that act.

When the DOJ wants their client list they want anyone that they mailed information too so that includes anyone just subscribing to an information list.

Whatever.....
A client list is not an email list, Stevie.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Again, the DOJ wanted the IP's of everyone that made certain types of searches on all major search engines. I mean, if you're suspected of committing a crime by merely making a search then just about anything is game for the DOJ.

Ok Demo, please show an example of where the DOJ defined "client" to mean anything other than everyone they sent or provided their information too regardless if they paid for it or not.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

SteveSy wrote:Again, the DOJ wanted the IP's of everyone that made certain types of searches on all major search engines.
I think Sybil is talking about some terrorism probes that Google was resisting some time ago. No reason to think that it had anything to do with tax protesters.

But it's a typical Sybil-Diversion. Make one ridiculous assertion, and defend it with another ridiculous assertion. Keep piling it higher and deeper and maybe we'll give up before we can dig our way out of the dung.

It's a variation of the "Big Lie" technique, but instead of one "big lie" it's a series of lies. Much more effective that way.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.