Contest: Who will be the Brown supporter charged?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Nikki wrote:I thought she was staying with her son who cut off the bracelet and drove her back to the fortress.
She waited until her son was away from home, called a friend (not her son) to drive her to New Hampshire, where Ed cut off the ankle bracelet (not her son).
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:
Nikki wrote:I thought she was staying with her son who cut off the bracelet and drove her back to the fortress.
She waited until her son was away from home, called a friend (not her son) to drive her to New Hampshire, where Ed cut off the ankle bracelet (not her son).
But wasn't there an email or something from the son (or maybe just someone posing as him) demonstrating that he drank the kool-aid? It may have been posted on the old board before it blew up.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

He drank the Koolaid and passed Aaron Russo's movie around at his work.

He does not support the stand to the death crap.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:
Ed made a serious threat of doing an armed standoff a couple of year ago but caved in at the last minute and paid his property taxes.

* Ed and Elaine have four children, none of whom support their stand, and at least one of whom is very angry at the gurus taking the Brown's money during this crisis.

* Elaine's brother is a retired police officer and he has begged her to turn herself in and has offered to fly in to assist with a surrender.
Demo, do you have any citations for these points? Especially, intenet links if available?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:
webhick wrote:Volunteer....You know, the labor board might have an issue with this.

You see, it is illegal in the state of NH for a for-profit business to have volunteers. Elaine is now running her dental practice out of her home. Reno is "volunteering" security for the building - which now includes the dental practice and others are "volunteering" time by running errands. One could argue that their free room & board constitutes them as being employees (and hence, not volunteers), but I doubt that if you add up the hours that they're making over minimum wage.
And if so, what about withholding for state and federal taxes, FICA, Social Security, SDI? More tax problems...... :twisted:
And labor board issues. You can be fined $100 per violation. Don't forget worker's comp (required in NH). That's $100 per day per employee. With "hundreds" of claimed volunteers, that's a pretty big lump of change.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Earlier, I wrote:
Especially, intenet links if available?
"intenet" ???

Hey, that's not a typo, that's jes' "suhthun drawl" for "internet" - as in "eeeinnntuh-net." "Hey, Billy Bob, wanna tuhnn on thuh cum-ptooooo-duh foah me - -so's ahh kin browse on that thay-uh eeeinnntuh-net?"
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

PS - From time to time I may feel the uninhibited urge to make fun of "northern" talk too, as I am 1/4th "yankee" (sort of).
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
"Anyone rendering assistance aid or comfort to the Browns in their continuing effort to obstruct justice and avoid apprehension maybe be subject to arrest or prosecution and certainly anyone now that they are convicted felons that provides the browns with weapons or ammunition is committing a separate felony," Monier said.
"Maybe" should have been typed as "may be." So Monier was making a conditional statement to begin with. Also, I doubt that Marshal Monier has a law degree. Even the FBI, considered the premier federal law enforcement agency, stopped requiring applicants to have a degree in law or accounting decades ago.

So, "may be be" is any less vague than "maybe be"?
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Oh my lord....I haven't had the chance to check the site in weeks and ....Ed's STILL holed up? I thought for sure...by now...

Ok, that's it. I'm going home this evening and declaring my backyard the world's smallest sovereign country or maybe a protectorate of my neighbor's backyard....he has premium cable.

Ed and all should visit these folks to see how to do this right:

http://www.sealandgov.com
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

CaptainKickback wrote:No, you set up your own property as a country, THEN you annex the neighbor's house and make it a protectorate under you. This is all done under a broader lebensraum program..... :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Drap Nach Ost!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

CaptainKickback wrote:No, you set up your own property as a country, THEN you annex the neighbor's house and make it a protectorate under you. This is all done under a broader lebensraum program..... :twisted: :roll: :wink:
It's been tried.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

TheSaint wrote:
It's been tried.
Perhaps we can get Neville Chamberlain to negotiate a resolution to the problem with Ed & Elaine. Maybe if the .gov gives Ed some of Justice Bryer's land adjoining his, we can have peace in our time. :twisted:
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Brown supporter pleads not guilty
By KRISTEN SENZ
Union Leader Correspondent
11 hours, 40 minutes ago

NEWPORT – A supporter of Ed and Elaine Brown pleaded not guilty yesterday to a misdemeanor criminal threatening charge alleging he threatened via e-mail to kill a Lebanon city councilor earlier this summer.

Joseph Haas, 54, of Concord, allegedly wrote in a lengthy e-mail that Terri Dudley, a longtime city councilor, former state legislator and acquaintance of the Browns, should "Wise up or die!"

Haas allegedly sent the e-mail in June to Lebanon city councilors and state officials, criticizing their handling of the Browns' case. He was arrested when he showed up at a Plainfield selectmen's meeting to protest in support of the Browns.

Convicted of felony income tax evasion in January, the Browns have been holed up in their Plainfield home since then, so far avoiding arrest on federal warrants.

Yesterday's hearing on Haas' criminal threatening charge was moved from Lebanon District Court - where two judges said they had conflicts with the case - to Newport District Court.

After the hearing, Haas said he has asked the court to allow him to "complete the sentence" in the e-mail that led to the charge against him. He said it should read, "Wise up or die a natural death."

According to Haas, the Newport judge denied that motion. Court files were unavailable immediately after the hearing.

Haas said he plans to file a motion to dismiss the charge on the grounds that the phrase was "not a true threat but mere idle talk." Haas, who is representing himself in court, cited articles of the state Constitution and passages from the Bible to support his claims.

In June, Dudley, 78, said she was "shocked" to see her name, spelled "Duddy," next to the phrase "Wise up or die," in the e-mail. But, she claims, it wasn't the first time Haas has threatened her.

In 2002, Dudley was serving as clerk of the House Judiciary Committee in the state legislature. Haas, a longtime critic of government and the judiciary, attended many of the committee meetings and often testified.

Dudley claimed that after she failed to make note of something Haas said during a meeting, "I received a letter from him threatening to send me anthrax."

In 2005, Haas was charged with "improper influence over a public official" after he allegedly sent a threatening letter to state Attorney General Kelly Ayotte. The charge later was dismissed after a judge ruled that the "improper influence" law was unconstitutionally broad.

Haas is scheduled for a Sept. 18 trial in Newport on the recent criminal threatening charge.
Demo.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Haas, who is representing himself
Yeah, that'll work.
Haas is scheduled for a Sept. 18 trial
And if Ed lets him hole up with he and Elaine, Monier's life gets more complicated...
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote: After the hearing, Haas said he has asked the court to allow him to "complete the sentence" in the e-mail that led to the charge against him. He said it should read, "Wise up or die a natural death."
Now that is too funny......
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Post by BBFlatt »

And if Ed lets him hole up with he and Elaine, Monier's life gets more complicated...
Or easier, since Haas would be a state fugitive, it would be NH's problem. If the state police happen to grab E&E on their raid I'm sure Monier wouldn't mind.[/code]
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Haas said he plans to file a motion to dismiss the charge on the grounds that the phrase was "not a true threat but mere idle talk."
It is ironic that TPs get very mad when you claim that they are full of hot air, but suddenly agree with you when they are facing jail time.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Haas isn't facing jail time. The maximum penalty for threatening an official in NH is a $1,200 fine and no jail. It's also a misdemeanor, not a felony, so he can continue to carry a gun.
Demo.
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Post by BBFlatt »

Wow, better not threaten to kill a public official in NH, you might get a ticket!

I remember a case in FL where IRS dropped a criminal prosection on a TP (a ULC minister type) when he went to prison for threatening a city official for insisting he get an occupational license. He wnet away for a good three years for a somewhat veiled threat.

Then came the fun job of working out his civil liability. What a nut-job.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Or easier, since Haas would be a state fugitive, it would be NH's problem.
While the feds may also have a potential charge to make against this idiot, if he's there, regardless of who wants him, he's a complicating factor as far as Monier is concerned.

If Ed really wants to complicate things, he could invite every nut-case with a pending beef to join him.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.