Utah dentist set for state tax trial

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Utah dentist set for state tax trial

Post by Demosthenes »

Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Dentist faces tax evasion charges

Attorney General Mark Shurtleff announced on Tuesday that a trial date has been set for an Orem dentist who stands accused of tax evasion.

Louis A. Erickson, 61, is accused of not paying taxes from 1998-2004 on an income that exceeded $3 million, according to the attorney general's office. He also is accused of setting up illegitimate trust investments.

The three-day trial will begin Oct. 30 at the Matheson Courthouse in Salt Lake City. The case was investigated by the Utah Tax Commission and is being prosecuted by Shurtleff's office.

Last week, Erickson pleaded not guilty to six felony tax evasion charges and one felony count of pattern of unlawful activity.

Erickson owned and operated the Orem Dental Center from 1998-2003, and worked on a contract basis for several dental service providers.
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: Utah dentist set for state tax trial

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote:Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Dentist faces tax evasion charges

Attorney General Mark Shurtleff announced on Tuesday that a trial date has been set for an Orem dentist who stands accused of tax evasion.

Louis A. Erickson, 61, is accused of not paying taxes from 1998-2004 on an income that exceeded $3 million, according to the attorney general's office. He also is accused of setting up illegitimate trust investments.

The three-day trial will begin Oct. 30 at the Matheson Courthouse in Salt Lake City. The case was investigated by the Utah Tax Commission and is being prosecuted by Shurtleff's office.

Last week, Erickson pleaded not guilty to six felony tax evasion charges and one felony count of pattern of unlawful activity.

Erickson owned and operated the Orem Dental Center from 1998-2003, and worked on a contract basis for several dental service providers.
What is it with all these dentists?

This one, Elaine Brown and Nancy Montgomery-Ware (whose trial is set for the end of August).
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I don't know, but I'm having a hard time sinking my teeth into this subject.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

I'll be damned if I'm going to allow the dentists to take the lead from us chiropractors. I think I might just have to stop filing again...

oh, wait...this is a good thing....
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

And now for our Lifetime feature event:
The Dentist and Chiropractor: Cleaning Teeth and Cracking Backs

Mary is a small town widow with 17 children, a blossoming dental practice, and is engaged to an rich tax-protesting Virgin Islands gunsmith. All seems perfect in her world...that is until the tall, dark, big-city chiropractor rear-ends her at a stop sign and offers to treat her neck pain as restitution for the accident. Soon, Mary finds herself making appointments just to be manipulated by the chiropractor - and her fiance is starting to suspect something is going on. As Mary's relationship with the Virgin Islands gunsmith becomes abusive, she finds herself in the comforting arms of her chiropractor. And then there's a MURDER of someone Mary doesn't even know. And the victim's neck was broken! Everyone suspects that the chiropractor is to blame and Mary's distrust of him grows as well. Is Mary's new lover being framed? Is her fiance really at fault? Will there be a lot of crying? Is this plot as transparent as every other lifetime movie that hits the TV?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Hey i *like* Lifetime movies.

Ok, i can't handle mre than about 1 a month, but they're good mindless entertainment.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick

Post by webhick »

grixit wrote:Hey i *like* Lifetime movies.

Ok, i can't handle mre than about 1 a month, but they're good mindless entertainment.
Sorry. The guy I own the website for does a lot of lifetime movies. He's killing me.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Re: ouch

Post by webhick »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
webhick wrote:And now for our Lifetime feature event:
The Dentist and Chiropractor: Cleaning Teeth and Cracking Backs

Mary is a small town widow with 17 children, a blossoming dental practice,....
and one very tired, stretched out uterus.

17 kids? Oy! :shock:
Well, we'd find out early on that 3 of those kids are hers 7 were adopted, and the other 7 belong to her drug-addicted twin sisters. Here's the twist: She got pregnant when she was twelve and her sisters are really her daughters. So 7 of those kids are her grandkids.

I believe it's already been done a million times for shock factor, so it's all good.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Are there any statistics on TP Dentists? Are there any under the age of 50 when they start drinking the Kool-aid? Maybe I didn't notice the ages on the reports on 40 year olds, but it seems like TP Dentists tend to be 50+. And female.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Re: ouch

Post by The Operative »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
and one very tired, stretched out uterus.

17 kids? Oy! :shock:
Believe it or not, there actually is a family with 17 kids, none are adopted. They have their own show on discovery health too.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0807/444375.html
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Yes, and the Duggars are operating a cult out of their basement. Doesn't seem dangerous to the general public, thankfully. Unfortunately, I can't say that those girls are being given the opportunity to grow up to be productive members of society.