Bob Schulz and WTP enjoined

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Bob Schulz and WTP enjoined

Post by Demosthenes »

Demo.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

NICE! I wonder how Bob is going to talk his way out of this one. Oh, I forgot, there's still the "it's all a government conspiracy" angle. However, this should be close to the end of the "We the people" tax protestor site.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

The Operative wrote:NICE! I wonder how Bob is going to talk his way out of this one. Oh, I forgot, there's still the "it's all a government conspiracy" angle. However, this should be close to the end of the "We the people" tax protestor site.
You also forgot the SEND MONEY for legal defense angle.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Somehow I don't think Schulz and WTP will just dry up and blow away all that easy.

I can't wait to see the affidavit of compliance.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TAX
THURSDAY, AUGUST 9, 2007

NEW YORK FEDERAL COURT ORDERS HALT TO NATIONWIDE “TAX TERMINATION” SCHEME

Queensbury, NY, Man’s Scheme Allegedly Has Cost Federal Treasury $4 Million

WASHINGTON -- A federal court in Binghamton, N.Y., today permanently barred Robert L. Schulz of Queensbury, N.Y., and his organizations, We the People Congress and We the People Foundation, from promoting a tax scheme that helped employers and employees improperly stop tax withholding from wages, the Justice Department announced. Schulz and his organizations called the scheme the Tax Termination Package.

In his decision entering the civil injunction order, U.S. District Judge Thomas J. McAvoy, found that Schulz “knew or had reason to know” that his statements in promoting the scheme were false. The court said that in promoting the scheme, Schulz and the We the People organizations “relied on fringe opinions of known tax protestors whose theories have repeatedly been rejected by courts across the country.” The court further noted that several of those tax protestors have been convicted of tax crimes.

The court said that promotion of the Tax Termination Package caused an estimated harm to the U.S. Treasury of more than $4 million, and ordered Schulz to give a copy of the court order to all people who bought or otherwise obtained the tax scheme materials. Schulz must also give the Justice Department a list of the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and Social Security numbers of all people and businesses to whom Schulz and his organizations distributed the tax scheme materials.

More information about this case is available at http://www.usdoj/tax/txdv07214.htm .

Richard T. Morrison, Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department’s Tax Division, thanked Thomas Newman, a Justice Department trial attorney who represented the government in the case, and David Gordon, a revenue agent with the Internal Revenue Service’s Small Business/Self Employed Division, whose investigation led to the IRS’s referral of the case to the Justice Department.

Since 2001, the Justice Department’s Tax Division has obtained injunctions against more than 245 tax preparers and tax-fraud promoters. More information about the Justice Department’s efforts against tax scam promoters can be found at http://www.usdoj.gov/tax/taxpress2007.htm . Information about the Justice Department’s Tax Division can be found at http://www.usdoj.gov/tax .
Demo.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Randall wrote:You also forgot the SEND MONEY for legal defense angle.
Well, it will more likely be a message that will say, "You should have sent me more money so that this wouldn't have happened."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I predict a little different reaction. I suspect this may act as Schulz' final straw and he may take a more desperate approach, perhaps inciting others to violence.
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I’m waiting for when they start prosecuting for misuse of a tax exempt organization and personal use of funds without declaring them as income, that should get really interesting. They don't necessarily have to go after him on those, I should think they have bigger charges in the offing, but they certainly could clean out some of the hangers on.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Will the 501(c)(3) get pulled NOW :?:
hartley

Post by hartley »

This reminds me:

I haven't heard lately, how's their "Right to Petition" suit going?
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

hartley wrote:This reminds me:

Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Re: Bob Schulz and WTP enjoined

Post by Joey Smith »

"Blah, blah, blah, lost case, send money."
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

hartley wrote:This reminds me:

Lost in the district court; affirmed on appeal, 3-0 (albeit with an odd concurring opinion saying that the idea behind the suit seems to have some historical support, but is barred by Supreme Court precedent); motion for rehearing pending.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Lost in the district court; affirmed on appeal, 3-0 (albeit with an odd concurring opinion saying that the idea behind the suit seems to have some historical support, but is barred by Supreme Court precedent); motion for rehearing pending.
Actually, the motion for rehearing en banc was denied on August 3, 2007.

I do see that WTP doesn't reference their loss, loss on appeal, and the loss on motion for rehearing while they are still requesting donations for the cause. :roll:
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:I predict a little different reaction. I suspect this may act as Schulz' final straw and he may take a more desperate approach, perhaps inciting others to violence.
Other possible "desperate approaches" by Bob Schulz:

1. Public appeals for more contributions;

2. Taking out a full page ad signed by businessmen who are not paying taxes and not yet indicted but have a death wish;

3. Hiring Devvy Kidd again;

4. Filing another lawsuit;

5. Agreeing to pay more money to Mark Lane;

6. Firing Devvy Kidd again;

7. Giving up and getting a real job.

(Okay, the last is a little far-fetched.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

From FamilyGuardian, Chris Hansen opines and whines
Author #5 AKA CHansen wrote:The corrupt courts are at it again. The person who prepared the documents in the "Tax Termination Package" is not convicted of any crime and has never been enjoined. The courts are once again abusing presumption to DESTROY people's rights and violate due process of law for their own financial benefit, in a gross perversion of justice. This is the CRAP they tried in the Hansen case, and it essentially turns the government into a religion and not an instrument of justice, in violation of the First Amendment. See:

Presumpion: Chief Weapon for Unlawfullly Enlarging Federal Jurisdiction, Form #05. 017
http://sedm.org/Forms/FormIndex.htm

See:
http://www.usdoj.gov/tax/txdv07595.htm

You can read the injunction order at:
http://famguardian.org/PublishedAuthors ... 070809.pdf
<snip> repitition of DoJ announcement <snip>
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Ok....day 10....has Bob said anything?
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

WeThePurple wrote:CURRENT STATUS:
Awaiting the decision of the
U.S. Court of Appeals in
Washington, DC (Feb. 2007
and
Latest Significant News:
October 27, 2006
WTP files Emergency Motion for Protection
and Motion to Expedite
Bob Schulz, in statements regarding the case, seems to be emulating SGT Schultze: I see NOOOTHING!"
Trippy

Bob Ignores Dismissal

Post by Trippy »

Bob has chosen to focus on supposed vote fraud in Iowa .... and has STILL said nothing about the dismissal of the en-banc hearing motion.
Schulz wrote:August 15, 2007

WTP Takes Action Against Vote Fraud
Diebold Vote Machines Fail In Iowa

Last Thursday, two days before the August 11th presidential Iowa Straw Poll, Bob Schulz and seven other Plaintiffs filed suit in federal court in Des Moines, Iowa seeking to permanently prohibit the state of Iowa from conducting any Straw Poll, Caucus, Primary, Special or General Election unless the voting and vote counting was open, verifiable, machine-free, and computer-free.

Upon filing the suit, the Plaintiffs formally asked the Court for emergency injunctive relief, i.e., to order state election officials to modify the voting procedures for the Iowa Straw Poll to insure the validity of the voting process.
You can read the rest at http://www.wethepeoplefoundation.org/UP ... -08-15.htm
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I find it hard to believe that Schulz or his groups even have standing to file anything in the first place, or that a court would find anything of merit in the matter. Since this wasn’t even a real election I find it even harder to believe that there is anything to challenge. It just looks like more Schulz begging for money from here.