Erik Stephen Clark amends with 4852, no sanctions

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Erik Stephen Clark amends with 4852, no sanctions

Post by grixit »

Does the attorney know that this is going to turn out to be pro bono?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

In order to file in District Court, don't you have to pay the tax first?

And its just me, but any attorney who would file this case, from what I know of the facts, is either a dismally uninformed lawyer or just unseemly to take a case he should know is hopeless.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Assuming that Clark is telling the truth, which may be quite a stretch and always chancy, as I recall, you're right on the tax part, and the only thing I can think of/hope is that the lawyer is trying to keep him from getting in any deeper, a probably thankless and fruitless task, and Clark is making unwarranted assumptions, otherwise, I would say you are right there as well.

Although, tax law services that are maybe one step above the rest of the ambulance chasers are becoming more common. I know of at least three or four in my area, and I'm sure there are many more, that make what I consider totally outrageous claims, so it is not beyond possibility he found one of those. Most of them can safely say their record is unblemished, they've never won a case yet.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Gregg wrote:In order to file in District Court, don't you have to pay the tax first?
Yeah, but maybe Clark is just trying to recover what he constructively paid when the IRS executed the administrative levy. In that case, he has paid the tax (or frivolous penalty or whatever it was).

We'll have to wait and see.

I've got my popcorn and Coke ready for the show.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet