Newest Ed and Elaine Brown Article

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Newest Ed and Elaine Brown Article

Post by Dezcad »

Today in the Concord Monitor:
http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs ... /708220301

In the more than six months since Ed Brown and, later, Elaine Brown have holed up in their castle-like home in Plainfield, they've succeeded in first recruiting and then driving out an ever-changing cast of supporters from across the country.

First, there was Bill Miller, the ex-military exercise trainer who dubbed the Browns' siege the "Little Alamo" and told friends that Brown was "worth more to me dead than alive."

Next, came "Anthony" of Binghamton, N.Y., who went by the online handle "Peace" and created a MySpace page for Ed Brown (and later his wife, Elaine), complete with a wish list asking friends to donate machine guns and body armor.

Then, there was Cirino Gonzalez of Alice, Texas, a former military contractor and weapons expert who brought a 50-caliber rifle, served as the couple's security officer and posted long, incoherent online messages on the couple's behalf.

Those hardcore supporters spent weeks with the couple, who were convicted of tax-related crimes and have refused to surrender to authorities. They helped guide the Browns' communication with news media and supporters. They brought weapons and logistical advice. In some cases, they shopped and cooked for the couple.

But none has lasted long. Miller left the house in February, Anthony in March, and Gonzalez in late June.

U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier, who is charged with arresting the couple, said yesterday that his office is continuing to investigate those who aid and abet the Browns. So far, the marshals have not charged any supporters with crimes.

"This whole thing is a continuing investigation," he said.

Last week, Miller distributed an e-mailed "press release" clarifying his unwillingness to continue to support the Browns.

"I do hereby officially state that I am not to be known as a 'supporter,' nor associate of Edward-Lewis:Brown," the letter says.

"Brown has ignored, on many occasions throughout the years, the good council (sic) of some valiant, focused, hard-working freedom fighters whom, unfortunately, exemplify a larger spiritual vision, and a more finely tuned sense of balance and reason than does Brown," it explains.

Gonzalez was another supporter to leave recently. According to an internet posting by his father, Jose Gonzalez, Ed Brown pushed out his longtime aide after Jose Gonzalez and another one of his sons, a Texas police officer, visited the couple and offered some criticisms of their security plan.

"I found him to be an arrogant, ambitious, self-serving man that is using everyone around him (including Elaine) for his own personal political gain," the posting said. On his own MySpace page, Cirino Gonzalez acknowledged that he was asked to leave.

In the case of Doug Kenline, a blogger who set up a widely read website dedicated to Brown-related news and who interviewed the Browns daily for audio webcasts, Ed Brown rejected him after learning that Kenline's wages were being taken by the IRS to cover unpaid back taxes.

"I'm not talking any more to people who aren't going to stand up for the lawful laws of this land," Brown said in an internet recording of the conversation in which the two parted ways. "People can be slaves, and I'm not going to associate with them any more."

Brown also ejected Dave Ridley, a Keene member of the Free State Project who was organizing pro-Brown demonstrations across the state and sending updates on the situation to the news media. Brown told Ridley to leave, Ridley said, in part because he disagreed with Ridley's pacifist views.

Mark Potok of the Anti-Defamation League, which tracks militias and tax protest groups, said it's not surprising that Ed Brown has repeatedly clashed with his supporters. He said leaders in right-wing fringe groups typically fight among themselves as much as they agree on their common enemies. Potok knew Ed Brown when he was a leader of a local militia in the early 1990s, but Potok has not spoken to him in many years.

"The people who wind up in these situations are people with incredibly stubborn personalities and gigantic egos, and I think that's clearly the case here," he said.

The Browns' newest helpers are Jim Hobbs of Phoenix, who lives in a trailer on the property and helps screen visitors, and Danny Riley of Albany, N.Y., who was arrested and detained by marshals in June, after he stumbled on a surveillance unit while walking the couple's dog.

Yesterday, Riley and a supporter in Illinois issued a fundraising request, asking supporters to send money through the internet transfer service Paypal or by sending personal checks, money orders and cashier's checks. All the money will go to the Brown house, the request said.

"I just got a foreclosure warning on our house, but I'm going to send a few dollars that way," wrote a supporter with the MySpace handle "Jennifer," on the couple's page. "I support their cause, and it'd be foolish not to send the money. I sure hope it helps."

By MARGOT SANGER-KATZ
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

So much for any publicity is good publicity. Soon the entire world will have figured out that he's an asshole.

What will happen if his idiot wife ever figures it out?

Good luck with that begging bowl!
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

CaptainKickback wrote:I like the part about the guy whose house was being foreclosed, but he's going to send the Brown's a few bucks any way. I would have thought a job, a second job and if needed, a third job would have achieved so much more, like not losing your house.

Yes, I may be a Quatlooser, but I make a decent salary, live in a decent house, in a decent community, can pay to go to a decent law school, with no worries of foreclosure or tax liens. I can live with that.
You ignorant slave! How you can live in such slavery? You must be really miserable, unlike us TP's who have a rented double wide and intermittent work.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

CaptainKickback wrote:I like the part about the guy whose house was being foreclosed, but he's going to send the Brown's a few bucks any way. I would have thought a job, a second job and if needed, a third job would have achieved so much more, like not losing your house.
That guy is actually a good looking woman from Flint, Michigan who like Imalawman pointed out just blogged that she has landed her first job in 12 years.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

-from the Concord Monitor article:
found him to be an arrogant, ambitious, self-serving man that is using everyone around him (including Elaine) for his own personal political gain," the posting said.
Ah am shocked, shocked, just shocked -- to find arrogant, ambitious self-serving blow hards in the tax protester movement! How has this happened? Mah heavens, what is the paytriot movement comin' to?!?! Totally disgusting! That's it! Ahm jes' gonna go back and live in mah van down bah the river......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

from the Concord Monitor article:
Yesterday, Riley and a supporter in Illinois issued a fundraising request, asking supporters to send money through the internet transfer service Paypal or by sending personal checks, money orders and cashier's checks. All the money will go to the Brown house, the request said.
Boy, my check is already in the mail -- just as surely as Ed couldn't find the law making him liable for an income tax.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Wait a minute. Was I supposed to make that check out to "Ed Brown"? Or "Edward Lewis Brown"? or "Edward-Lewis:Brown"? Or should it have been made out to "Edward, a Living Soul in the Body of the Lord, of the House of Israel," and "Elaine, a Living Soul in the Body of the Lord, of the House of Israel" (per at least one of their marvelous court filings) as joint tenants with right of survivorship??
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Famspear wrote:Wait a minute. Was I supposed to make that check out to "Ed Brown"? Or "Edward Lewis Brown"? or "Edward-Lewis:Brown"? Or should it have been made out to "Edward, a Living Soul in the Body of the Lord, of the House of Israel," and "Elaine, a Living Soul in the Body of the Lord, of the House of Israel" (per at least one of their marvelous court filings) as joint tenants with right of survivorship??
Did you specify that the check could be paid only with gold and silver coins? Did you afix cancelled postage stamps to all four corners of the check? Was your address on the check? If so, was it in one of the zip exempt formats? Was it the right one for this phase of the moon?
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

Famspear wrote:Wait a minute. Was I supposed to make that check out to "Ed Brown"? Or "Edward Lewis Brown"? or "Edward-Lewis:Brown"? Or should it have been made out to "Edward, a Living Soul in the Body of the Lord, of the House of Israel," and "Elaine, a Living Soul in the Body of the Lord, of the House of Israel" (per at least one of their marvelous court filings) as joint tenants with right of survivorship??
If you made the check out to "ED BROWN" payable for $1,000,000 do you think he would return it claiming he's not the corporate entity "ED BROWN" to which you and the IRS refer? :lol:

If he tried to cash it I think you would have him beaten according to even his law.. (By cashing it he would be claiming to be the corporate entity "ED BROWN" therefore liable for income taxes). I can't help but picture one of you doing that and filing a pro-se lawsuit against Ed claiming fraud, saying: "That check was meant for the corporate entity ED BROWN not the sovereign citizen Ed Brown, any Constitutional Ranger should know that". It would be worth it to hear Ed say "that's a ridicilous arguement".

On second thought, just make that check out to the IRS, may as well expidite the process, thats where it will end up anyway.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Famspear wrote:Boy, my check is already in the mail -- just as surely as Ed couldn't find the law making him liable for an income tax.
It should be noted that he probably couldn't find the law of gravity even if someone pitching him off a cliff.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I just had another thought (I know, it's scary)....

I'm wondering.... will Ed end up being a model prisoner? With his personality, I wonder how will he get along with the other tourists-in-residence at the Graybar Hilton? Not to mention his daily interaction with the guards (oops, I mean the activity event-coordinators).
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

webhick wrote:
Famspear wrote:Boy, my check is already in the mail -- just as surely as Ed couldn't find the law making him liable for an income tax.
It should be noted that he probably couldn't find the law of gravity even if someone pitching him off a cliff.
#1 reason not to use the "Show me the law" line when discussing gravity..
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Famspear wrote:I just had another thought (I know, it's scary)....

I'm wondering.... will Ed end up being a model prisoner? With his personality, I wonder how will he get along with the other tourists-in-residence at the Graybar Hilton? Not to mention his daily interaction with the guards (oops, I mean the activity event-coordinators).
The uniformed order-keepers won't have to bother with him at all because:

- He'll antagonize the black, hispanic, and asian gangs.

- He'll try to assert his authority as a native-born, non 14th amendment, free white (non-corporate) American and take over the Aryan Nation gang.

His next public appearance will be in a body bag.
Agent Observer

Post by Agent Observer »

FYI, there is often a huge difference between Michigan good looking and SoCal/SoFla good looking.
Yea, there is: the Michigan females aren't 90% "after market silicone parts."
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:That guy is actually a good looking woman from Flint, Michigan who like Imalawman pointed out just blogged that she has landed her first job in 12 years.
Since I live just a few miles from Flint, I can confirm that if it is a good looking woman, it has to be a guy.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Lookls like a female human type to me. I have to admidt us squirrels need to sniff to tell for sure, but you humans can usually tell at a distance.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =205363972
webhick

Post by webhick »

Looks like she has some low-ride spillage happening. Which is understandable, since she's over 30. I give her credit for not making us look at it.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Quixote wrote:
Did you specify that the check could be paid only with gold and silver coins? Did you afix cancelled postage stamps to all four corners of the check? Was your address on the check? If so, was it in one of the zip exempt formats? Was it the right one for this phase of the moon?
Don't forget to add "Without Recourse or any Warranty"
webhick

Post by webhick »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:
Quixote wrote:
And "Without Prejudice". And probably something about only being redeemable in lawful money?
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

webhick wrote:
ErsatzAnatchist wrote:
Quixote wrote: Did you specify that the check could be paid only with gold and silver coins? Did you afix cancelled postage stamps to all four corners of the check? Was your address on the check? If so, was it in one of the zip exempt formats? Was it the right one for this phase of the moon?
And "Without Prejudice". And probably something about only being redeemable in lawful money?
Too bad we don't have DVPM to help us with this. He seemed to have all the answers in that regard.

:shock: