Aaron Russo dies

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
TheSaint

Aaron Russo dies

Post by TheSaint »

Aaron Russo's website restoretherepublic.com has a message indicating that Aaron died today (August 24).
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

Unconfirmed reports on the internet suggest that filmmaker and political activist Aaron Russo died on 24th August 2007 after a struggle with cancer. He will be perhaps most remembered for his outspoken work, America: From Freedom to Fascism.

Although a filmmaker, famous for producing films as Trading Places and The Rose as well as managing Bette Midler, Aaron Russo became politically active when he produced the film Mad As Hell - which took its name from the phrase ranted by Peter Finch in the film Network - in which he was critical of NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement), the introduction of identity cards, the so-called war on drugs and proposed regulations on alternative medicine.

He made numerous attempts to seek elected office including his 2004 campaign for nomination as the Libertarian Party candidate for US president in which he was only defeated in the final ballot by a modest majority.

He had been acquainted with some of the most powerful people in the world with some of whom he fell foul - including Nicholas Rockefeller about whom he said:

‘Here’s what I do know first hand - I know that about eleven months to a year before 9/11 ever happened I was talking to my Rockefeller friend (Nicholas Rockefeller) and he said to me ‘Aaron there’s gonna be an event’ and he never told me what the event was going to be - I’m not sure he knew what the event was going to be I don’t know that he knew that,’‘He just said there’s gonna be an event and out of that event we’re gonna invade Afghanistan so we can run pipelines through the Caspian sea, we can go into Iraq to take the oil and establish bases in the middle east and to make the middle east part of the new world order and we’re going to go after Venezuela - that’s what’s going to come out of this event.’‘Eleven months to a year later that’s what happened….he certainly knew that something was going to happen.’

‘In my relationships with some of these people I can tell you that it’s as evil as it really gets - this is it - this is the game.’

‘People know that 9/11 was an inside job, look what they did here in America, look at 9/11, look what they did - they killed thousands of Americans - people jumping out of windows from a hundred floors up - they don’t care.’

In the end he couldn’t afford the treatment he required to help him fight his cancer and a fund was established to help him pay for it. Sadly, it has been too late.

http://rinf.com/alt-news/911-truth/aaro ... ncer/1102/
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

He will be perhaps most remembered for his outspoken work, America: From Freedom to Fascism.
I'll admit America: Freedom to Fascism is funny, but it's no Trading Places.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

I liked Trading Places, even though it bore no relation to reality and I say that as a futures trader for 30+ years. His last movie also bore no relationship to reality. Don't know why. Was he always a tin-foiler or was that just a recent proclivity?

Probably a good thing that he won't be able to further demolish what's left of what used to be a decent reputation.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Sic transit gloria.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Aaron Russo was a nut and an embittered old man determined to lead others down the primrose path to jail.

The world is a better place today without him.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Joey Smith wrote:The world is a better place today without him.
A SooeyHead strongly disagrees with you:
BadLarry wrote:In hindsight, I just edited this post to omit the part which I guess I overlooked in my grief and sorrow. It was evidently soliciting donations for the family. I was viciously attacked on another forum by a staunch liberal with a lot of hate in his heart for posting it, though unintentional. It was against the forum rules which I can understand, but to see that kind of hate well up and strike against myself and a fallen hero was too much for me to bear. I deleted all connections to that forum, and only feel pity for the hateful ignorance breeding there. After a half century living on this planet, Aaron is the only modern day person I have ever considered my hero. My involvement in that forum was in hopes of learning how liberals and conservatives interact and coexist. It was quite a learning experience in that the only times I saw, not saying that I read the entire forum, the word “HATE” used, was by extreme liberals. I don’t understand it.

Anyway, I apologize for not reading fully and understanding the implications of the content of the letter before posting it. My only intent was to inform people of the great loss which the world has today.
:roll:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Um, Sui is a place to see how liberals and conservatives interact?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4