An essence of the tax protester mentality

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Dezcad wrote:As I suspected, Dr C was banned by Pete, see below for the reason which was added to the "Trolls" post on LH:
*Dr. Caligari (banned by Pete, "court ruled ... working for pay in the private sector in one of the 50 states is taxable")
*Last update 08/28/07.
So you can get banned for accurately summarizing a court holding now. I guess it is easier to ban than refute.

I'd love to see one person at LH, or for that matter anywhere, cite any case where a US federal court ruled that "working for pay in the private sector in one of the 50 states is NOT taxable". Because if Petey could do that, he wouldn't have to ban Dr C but just post that case in response to Dr. C's statement.

It says a lot about the status of LH when Richard Fuselier is the most frequent poster. Methinks it is on a collision course with Sooey.
Yes! And, if I were Doctor C., I'd consider it an honor to be banned by Pete himself, and especially at this important juncture of time. Interesting.

It's no good being banned by someone like JJB, a mere moderator. It's better to have been banned by Pete. And, why 'RFuselier' is allowed to post is beyond me.
Last edited by ASITStands on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Tax protester mentality...oxymoron of the day?
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

ASITStands wrote:And, why 'RFuselier' is allowed to post is beyond me.
It's probably so that the Ctc folks can feel intellectually superior to someone who's even more deluded than they are.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Dezcad wrote:As I suspected, Dr C was banned by Pete, see below for the reason which was added to the "Trolls" post on LH:
*Dr. Caligari (banned by Pete, "court ruled ... working for pay in the private sector in one of the 50 states is taxable")
*Last update 08/28/07.
So you can get banned for accurately summarizing a court holding now. I guess it is easier to ban than refute.

I'd love to see one person at LH, or for that matter anywhere, cite any case where a US federal court ruled that "working for pay in the private sector in one of the 50 states is NOT taxable". Because if Petey could do that, he wouldn't have to ban Dr C but just post that case in response to Dr. C's statement.

It says a lot about the status of LH when Richard Fuselier is the most frequent poster. Methinks it is on a collision course with Sooey.
Sooey is broad-spectrum delusional whereas LoserHeads are more out-of-focus on just one topic.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Yes! And, if I were Doctor C., I'd consider it an honor to be banned by Pete himself, and especially at this important juncture of time. Interesting.
Well, I did post both the 11th Circuit's decision in Spitzer, and Pete's own loss before the 9th Circuit, neither of which he had seen fit to share with his lemmings. So I guess that makes me a "troll" in LostHope-land.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
For what it's worth, I always enjoyed your posts. Too bad they can't take polite dissent.
Thanks!
If you're trolling for compliments, then I would have to say that I always envied your restraint. You posted very succinct, relevant, and accurate statements of law in a very non-confrontational way that I would have prefaced with "Listen up you f***ing morons...."
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Duke2Earl wrote:People truly believe all manner of preposterous things. I think just about everyone believes something totally wrong or absurd. For instance, I believe the Cubs will win the World Series...
Well that pretty much explains the whole thing. :wink:

That nonsense will only bear fruit when you promote the theory and other even less-rational beings fall under your spell.

Happens all the time.

Just look at the dredges of Van Pelt's offerings.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
rachel

Post by rachel »

LPC wrote:
Dr. Caligari wrote:
For what it's worth, I always enjoyed your posts. Too bad they can't take polite dissent.
Thanks!
If you're trolling for compliments, then I would have to say that I always envied your restraint. You posted very succinct, relevant, and accurate statements of law in a very non-confrontational way that I would have prefaced with "Listen up you f***ing morons...."
"Listen up you f***ing morons...."
Chuckle giggle chuckle!!
Hahahaha!!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Nikki wrote:
Sooey is broad-spectrum delusional whereas LoserHeads are more out-of-focus on just one topic.
Can we run them through a diffraction grating just to be sure?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Duke2Earl wrote:People truly believe all manner of preposterous things. I think just about everyone believes something totally wrong or absurd. For instance, I believe the Cubs will win the World Series...
Well that pretty much explains the whole thing. :wink:

That nonsense will only bear fruit when you promote the theory and other even less-rational beings fall under your spell.
Cubs season ticket holders?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I was deliberately trying to be non-confrontational, in the hope that I wouldn't get banned and might influence some of the readers to back away from the path of self-destruction. Then the Spitzer case and PH's own 9th Circuit decision came down, and I couldn't resist posting them, because PH was avoiding telling his marks that he, and his CtC theory, had just taken two hits below the waterline. I should have realized that would get me banned.

Not that I care about the banning; the two decisions I posted are still up at LH, and maybe someone will get the message that they're on a sinking ship.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)