Come and get me

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Come and get me

Post by Famspear »

Excerpt from a comment by "diller72" at losthorizons.com in thread entitled "CTC vrs apportionment", on 5 September 2007 (posted here without comment)
But cigarlover, you're now presumably educated in CtC principles and yet you're apparently unwilling to take any personal action to do the right thing. How can you expect millions of others to do so, especially if you don't help to spread the word to them?

Thousands of CtC readers have either received refunds from the IRS or successfully rebutted a presumed liability in the first place. I am one of those people, having just received a Record of Account from the IRS itemizing for my CtC filing years the following details: I paid no taxes; no taxes were owed; no penalties were assessed; no interest is due. This despite $30K - $45K worth of 1099-MISC forms erroneously filed annually by my more stubborn and/or fearful clients during those years. I am not the least afraid that the IRS will ever 'barge in and try to grab everything I own'. They've agreed with me, you see, and I have their own database output to back me up. They can only afford a few show trials (like Pete's) at a time, and the loss of a single one can result in a complete collapse of their scheme almost overnight. I'm not important enough to come after, but I almost wish they'd try.
(emphasis added)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: Come and get me

Post by Imalawman »

Famspear wrote:Excerpt from a comment by "diller72" at losthorizons.com in thread entitled "CTC vrs apportionment", on 5 September 2007 (posted here without comment)
But cigarlover, you're now presumably educated in CtC principles and yet you're apparently unwilling to take any personal action to do the right thing. How can you expect millions of others to do so, especially if you don't help to spread the word to them?

Thousands of CtC readers have either received refunds from the IRS or successfully rebutted a presumed liability in the first place. I am one of those people, having just received a Record of Account from the IRS itemizing for my CtC filing years the following details: I paid no taxes; no taxes were owed; no penalties were assessed; no interest is due. This despite $30K - $45K worth of 1099-MISC forms erroneously filed annually by my more stubborn and/or fearful clients during those years. I am not the least afraid that the IRS will ever 'barge in and try to grab everything I own'. They've agreed with me, you see, and I have their own database output to back me up. They can only afford a few show trials (like Pete's) at a time, and the loss of a single one can result in a complete collapse of their scheme almost overnight. I'm not important enough to come after, but I almost wish they'd try.
(emphasis added)
Maybe he should talk to Larkin Rose.......
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Kimokeo

Post by Kimokeo »

I hope this guy doesn't expect to have social security benefits. No years of income.
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

They can only afford a few show trials (like Pete's) at a time, and the loss of a single one can result in a complete collapse of their scheme almost overnight.
Here are the first glimpses of the CtC public relations crisis management strategy after Pete loses his appeal(s). Pete's trial, they will argue, is simply a "show trial" having no bearing on the core CtC strategy. I can hear Bulten now: The courts in Pete's cases never "really" addressed CtC because it was just a "show trial" designed to scare CtCers.

Of course, in a sense Pete's trial really is a show trial. He was indeed "targeted" as part of an effort to dissuade small-time CtCers from using his method. So what? This is no different from the way in which the "show trial" and eventual conviction of John Gotti was designed to chill organized crime. Pete and the rest are still guilty whether or not you call it a "show trial."

And anyone who thinks that a single loss would vindicate CtC or stop the IRS and DOJ from moving against other CtC participants has severely underestimated both agencies.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

diller72 wrote:Thousands of CtC readers have either received refunds from the IRS or successfully rebutted a presumed liability in the first place.

I'm not important enough to come after, but I almost wish they'd try.
Come again, hundreds maybe if you count as poorly as Pete adds, but thousands, get serious, I don’t think ole Petey has that many followers, now or ever. Successfully rebutted???? I don’t think so, if so, please feel free to name one?

I’d be very careful what I wished for remembering the fate of Mullet boy Rose.

grammarian44, quite true your comments, but what makes them think they won’t go after them? Admittedly they are small fry, but since they have been so good as to paint nice big red targets on their backs, and provide their information to Pete, who ultimately will have to turn it over to the gov’t, why shouldn’t DOJ make use of some freebies, when half their investigatory work has already been done for them, and all they have to do is tie up the loose ends, and start hauling Pete’s followers in for their just rewards? They’ll know whose been using CTC, and they brag enough on the board they’ll have an idea of how much, so they can fairly easily connect the dots. And granted, some of them may not be worth going after, but there are enough that will be to serve as a further warning to the other wannabes.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

HALF THE WORK???

All of their refund details are posted on the web site and in copies made by a three-letter agency.

Once Pete's PRECEDENTIAL case loses at all the appellate levels, they are all toast.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Come and get me

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:
I am not the least afraid that the IRS will ever 'barge in and try to grab everything I own'.
So I guess "diller72" is his real name.
Nikki wrote:Once Pete's PRECEDENTIAL case loses at all the appellate levels, they are all toast.
They're all toast now. It's just that nobody has come by to eat them yet.

Hint, hint.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I wonder how many ctcers have also been stinting at other levels.

They may be small fry to the Justice Dept, but i can see a local DA asking for a high bail on the grounds that the accused may also have a date in federal court. Or using the threat of calling in the feds as leverage for a plea.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

notorial dissent wrote:grammarian44, quite true your comments, but what makes them think they won’t go after them? Admittedly they are small fry, but since they have been so good as to paint nice big red targets on their backs, and provide their information to Pete, who ultimately will have to turn it over to the gov’t, why shouldn’t DOJ make use of some freebies, when half their investigatory work has already been done for them, and all they have to do is tie up the loose ends, and start hauling Pete’s followers in for their just rewards? They’ll know whose been using CTC, and they brag enough on the board they’ll have an idea of how much, so they can fairly easily connect the dots. And granted, some of them may not be worth going after, but there are enough that will be to serve as a further warning to the other wannabes.
No doubt Pete's eventual conviction and all that follows from it will clear an easier path to the rest of the CtCers. The rest of the cases will be simple rubber stamp jobs, costing the IRS and DOJ very little.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Too true, and they are still going to be sitting there wondering what hit them, and they'll still be convinced they didn't file the right paper in the right order was why it didn't work.