UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

guilty
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Post by guilty »

littleFred wrote: A bloke with long hair and megaphone, northern accent, says the noise from the crowd is impeding Tom's chances of winning his appeal, so he asks the crowd to be peaceful.
Michael of Bernicia, apparently.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10334
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Nottingham Post wrote:Mr Crawford, who has been embroiled in an ongoing battle with Bradford and Bingley bank over his mortgage, appeared at Nottingham County Court to seek permission to appeal against a possession order issued against his Carlton home.
If the report is accurate. a "victory" today would merely give him permission to appeal. To grant this, the judge would have to be convinced that Tom's case wasn't totally hopeless. Tom would then face the harder task of actually winning an appeal.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

littleFred wrote:
Nottingham Post wrote:Mr Crawford, who has been embroiled in an ongoing battle with Bradford and Bingley bank over his mortgage, appeared at Nottingham County Court to seek permission to appeal against a possession order issued against his Carlton home.
If the report is accurate. a "victory" today would merely give him permission to appeal. To grant this, the judge would have to be convinced that Tom's case wasn't totally hopeless. Tom would then face the harder task of actually winning an appeal.
Oh right - I missed that.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Meanwhile back at Retardsville landlubber offers this little gem:
Difficult to see just what was going on at the court after 15.00, but judging from the number of police present, it seems that the judgement was already known prior to the hearing? Unless I haven't comprehended what was happening? :evil:
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... UOWBXB4WrU

There is also a nice photograph on that page which is titled: Peter of England educating some POs :haha:
I do hope Peter remembered to take the Clearance Hotline mobile with him and to make sure it was fully charged otherwise there may be some unhappy customers wanting to speak to him when he gets back home to man the phone.
Last edited by rumpelstilzchen on Fri May 01, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Given the mood outside court and the presence of the mob I would be very surprised if the Judge actually gave a verdict and didn't reserve judgement until later. Certainly their is a public order reason to reserve judgement, if it's likely to go against Tom, as it will allow the mob to disperse before the bad news is confirmed.
Warning may contain traces of nut
rumpelstilzchen

One thing I have never been able to understand is why the UK freeple believe that a huge mob of supporters attending one of their court appearances will have some effect on the decision. The case will be decided on merit.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I think it's quite obvious, they want to bully the Judge into giving them the verdict they want, rather than risk the Judge giving them the one they deserve.
longdog

Post by longdog »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:One thing I have never been able to understand is why the UK freeple believe that a huge mob of supporters attending one of their court appearances will have some effect on the decision. The case will be decided on merit.
I can sort of understand the mob approach at a Council Tax hearing or even a possession hearing in that it may delay the inevitable but at a case which has been instigated by the footler, who presumably wants the court do do something for him, then it seems massively counter-productive.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
rumpelstilzchen

PeanutGallery wrote:I think it's quite obvious, they want to bully the Judge into giving them the verdict they want, rather than risk the Judge giving them the one they deserve.
Somebody really needs to explain to them that if the law is x then x will be applied. A room full of supporters will not turn x into y
BHF wrote:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I'm not entirely sure these are the type of people who readily understand complicated concepts like explanations.
rumpelstilzchen

longdog wrote: I can sort of understand the mob approach at a Council Tax hearing or even a possession hearing in that it may delay the inevitable but at a case which has been instigated by the footler, who presumably wants the court do do something for him, then it seems massively counter-productive.
That second video, imo, shows that they are not really interested in a decision based on what the position of the law is but are more interested in a decision reached by mob rule.
Last edited by rumpelstilzchen on Fri May 01, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BHF wrote:
rumpelstilzchen

PeanutGallery wrote:I'm not entirely sure these are the type of people who readily understand complicated concepts like explanations.
Yes, there is that. :D
BHF wrote:
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:I'm not entirely sure these are the type of people who readily understand complicated concepts like explanations.
Judge unlikey to reach decision today, Bradford and Bingley offering to come to an agreement.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

vampireLOREN wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Judge unlikey to reach decision today, Bradford and Bingley offering to come to an agreement.
The crowd are already calling it a victory.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
rumpelstilzchen

Well, there you go, I've just been proven wrong:
Re: Latest NEWS day of Common Law action 1st May 5.03 pm
Postby bertiebert » Fri May 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Roger Hayes just came out of the "court" said looks like Some doors have been opened looks like Bradford and Bingley dont want to evict him..
Roger suggested it was because of the people supporting have made the difference..
BHF wrote:
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Well, there you go, I've just been proven wrong:
Re: Latest NEWS day of Common Law action 1st May 5.03 pm
Postby bertiebert » Fri May 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Roger Hayes just came out of the "court" said looks like Some doors have been opened looks like Bradford and Bingley dont want to evict him..
Roger suggested it was because of the people supporting have made the difference..
I would assume restart the mortgage?, if he has any sense its a good offer. But .....lets see, it I expect will be adjourned for "discussion".
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

vampireLOREN wrote:
vampireLOREN wrote: Judge unlikey to reach decision today, Bradford and Bingley offering to come to an agreement.
The crowd are already calling it a victory.
  • B&B: Your honor, we're willing to give the defendant one last opportunity to make good on his debt!
  • Judge: Are you willing to come to an agreement?
  • Tom: Yes Y'Honor
  • Judge: Ok, for now the case is adjorned while you attempt to work something out
Later:
  • B&B: So... how much can you pay per month to start getting caught up?
  • Tom: Pay? Me? Oh no.... the Judge said I win the case, you have nothing, I owe you nothing.
Later:
  • B&B: Sorry Your Honor, the defendant absolutely refuses to be co-operative on the debt he owes.
  • Judge: Ok... My ruling is....
Yup... my bet (metaphorically speaking of course) is on Tom snatching defeat from the Jaws Of Victory.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Tom is out, and smiling. But judgement is reserved.

Yes, it was Michael Waugh. He took the opportunity to plug his film.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Normal Wisdom wrote:Interesting that Tom appears to be basing his appeal, at least in part, on the specific facts of his case, i.e. the endowment policy, change of terms etc and not only (or at all) on the "all mortgages are fraud", "documents are fake" nonsense that GOODF support.
I did mention some days ago that Crawford couldn't introduce the Guy Taylor goofer crap as any kind of evidence or defence as, according to Crawford, the fraudulent court documents and stamps were the topic of an "ongoing special Police investigation" . I simply do not beileve this would have been allowed because as the Police often say; ' We cannot comment, as that is part of an ongoing investigation and we do not want to jeopardize the investigation'
If Tom had tried to submit such claims , it would have proven to me that Tom Crawford had to have been lying about the alleged " police investigation into the forensically scrutinize court documentation and stamps".
rumpelstilzchen

Tom has come out of court and has addressed his supporters. According to him it now all depends on whether the judge has listened to the truth or listened to the barrister.
http://bambuser.com/v/5477141?v=m
BHF wrote: