Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by littleFred »

Nearly a week ago, which is a long time in politics, or banking.

And Peter has been silent on FB for 1.5 days. Perhaps he is taking a well-deserved holiday. Perhaps he won't come back.
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

i think for the time being Peter should be OK. Andrew Richards has posted this on PoE's facebook page:
Andrew Richards If you think the Police would be stupid enough to arrest Peter you are totally stupid, Peter knows more about the law than the Police do.. Get Real!
:lol:
We are talking about the same Peter of England are we, Andrew? We are talking about the one who believes the UCC applies to the UK.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I am seriously concerned about the intelligence of Geoffd on GOODF

"I sent half a dozen cheques in the past fortnight from two different accounts - one for my partner - and that's all I'm going to say at this time."

He has opened two accounts and brought two cheque books (£70 for two accounts and two cheque books). Why would anyone be stupid enough to open two accounts ? Even if this scam worked, why open two accounts ? Each chq book has 50 cheques
Bones

Post by Bones »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:i think for the time being Peter should be OK. Andrew Richards has posted this on PoE's facebook page:
Andrew Richards If you think the Police would be stupid enough to arrest Peter you are totally stupid, Peter knows more about the law than the Police do.. Get Real!
:lol:
We are talking about the same Peter of England are we, Andrew? We are talking about the one who believes the UCC applies to the UK.
I think there was a post here a couple of days ago about authorities looking into this, does anyone know anything more
longdog

Post by longdog »

The same Peter who seemed genuinely surprised when he got chucked out of court because he didn't understand the difference between the right to advise and the right of audience. :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
rumpelstilzchen

Bones wrote: Even if this scam worked, why open two accounts ?
I suppose because instead of being able to spend £150,000 you would be able to spend £300,000.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Bones wrote: Even if this scam worked, why open two accounts ?
I suppose because instead of being able to spend £150,000 you would be able to spend £300,000.
This had already gone through my mind. Put up 4 x 125,000 or 150,000 promissory notes and get 4 times the spending power. I'd just buy £500,000 worth of Gilts and sit back, but would anyone join me in putting up £100,000 each in two WeRe cheques and we could buy Tom Crawford's house and leave him with a big profit and no debt.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

littleFred wrote:Nearly a week ago, which is a long time in politics, or banking.

And Peter has been silent on FB for 1.5 days. Perhaps he is taking a well-deserved holiday. Perhaps he won't come back.
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

Better late than never but finally PayPal have closed down WeRes account so it looks like no new victims.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

daltontrumbno wrote:Better late than never but finally PayPal have closed down WeRes account so it looks like no new victims.
Great news, but how long until he opens up another option, Bitcoin???
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
rumpelstilzchen

daltontrumbno wrote:Better late than never but finally PayPal have closed down WeRes account so it looks like no new victims.
Is it possible that sensing trouble Peter closed the PayPal account and has done a runner with the money?
BHF wrote:
longdog

Post by longdog »

I would think PayPal would still impose the usual waiting time before Poe could withdraw funds from his account whether he closed it down or not.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

littleFred wrote:Nearly a week ago, which is a long time in politics, or banking.

daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Is it possible that sensing trouble Peter closed the PayPal account and has done a runner with the money?
Peter says his account is frozen and under investigation, hopefully he did not get a chance to empty his account before PayPal closed him down three weeks too late.
rumpelstilzchen

daltontrumbno wrote:
Peter says his account is frozen and under investigation, hopefully he did not get a chance to empty his account before PayPal closed him down three weeks too late.
Ah right. Thanks for that.
It comes to something when an international bank gets a flipping PayPal account frozen. Mind you, I have never known an international bank which can only take payments using a PayPal account.
BHF wrote:
guilty

Post by guilty »

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Is it possible that sensing trouble Peter closed the PayPal account and has done a runner with the money?
ya don`t mean
Do you?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Peter's PayPal account is frozen, and I'm guessing his Nationwide one is too after Nationwide was told about it being used to run a 'bank'. So unless he has another bank account somewhere else that's linked to his PayPal account, the PayPal money would be inaccessible.

If he's transferred more than £10K to a bank account, this will trigger a fraud/money laundering/proceeds of crime enquiry. It doesn't have to be £10K all in one go. If he's gone from fortnightly JSA receipts from the DWP to thousands of pounds in the space of a week or two, this will trigger an enquiry. Peter will have to provide evidence of the source of the money and prove it's legitimate. How he would do that, well your guess is as good as mine.
Money laundering is broadly defined in the UK. In effect any handling or involvement with any proceeds of any crime (or monies or assets representing the proceeds of crime) can be a money laundering offence. An offender's possession of the proceeds of his own crime falls within the UK definition of money laundering. The definition also covers activities within the traditional definition of money laundering, as a process that conceals or disguises the proceeds of crime to make them appear legitimate.

Unlike certain other jurisdictions (notably the US and much of Europe), UK money laundering offences are not limited to the proceeds of serious crimes, nor are there any monetary limits. Financial transactions need no money laundering design or purpose for UK laws to consider them a money laundering offence. A money laundering offence under UK legislation need not even involve money, since the money laundering legislation covers assets of any description. In consequence, any person who commits an acquisitive crime (i.e., one that produces some benefit in the form of money or an asset of any description) in the UK inevitably also commits a money laundering offence under UK legislation.

This applies also to a person who, by criminal conduct, evades a liability (such as a taxation liability)—which lawyers call "obtaining a pecuniary advantage"—as he is deemed thereby to obtain a sum of money equal in value to the liability evaded.

The principal money laundering offences carry a maximum penalty of 14 years imprisonment.
So all those people who've tried to "evade a liability" by paying with a fake cheque could also be done for money laundering. I suppose they could always plead insanity.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I noticed in bertiebert » Tue May 05, 2015 4:31 pm post the he says:
1.Make your cheque out to the corporation asking for money.
2.Never make ONE OF OUR CHEQUES payable to yourself or “in your name” or to CASH, or to an JOINT account with your name on it or to your company. There is a ruse being played by the banks to get you to make the cheque payable to YOURSELF as they say the/your “mortgage account” is in that name, your name etc. Pay no attention or heed to this. You didn’t loan yourself the “money” now did you? Do you owe yourself “money” or owe the CREDITOR ?(so called). Exactly

3. Do NOT sign/endorse the back of the cheque/your own cheque – This is for the PAYEE to so do.

4.Staple “L’Allonge” to the cheque – Don’t forget to do this! As many of you are forgetting & the Banks’ are receiving the cheque(s) COLD and so what do you expect them to say/claim? The people processing these instruments are low level operatives who know less about banking than you do.

Why do you think we sent “Les Allonges” to you? For fun…?
http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... 90#p382233

IS this an admission that he is part of the bank scam?

Also, it looks as if most of the WeRe topics have fallen of the front page, however the thread above show that a few more people suckers got check books today.

It also is telling, that we have seen no new posts on WeRe by Ceylon, and no admissions by him that he has a checkbook, and is actually using it.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
rumpelstilzchen

mufc1959 wrote:
So all those people who've tried to "evade a liability" by paying with a fake cheque could also be done for money laundering. I suppose they could always plead insanity.
It would be funny if Peter's customers who have been telling us that "banking is all fraud" run to PayPal and make a claim using PayPal's money back guarantee.
BHF wrote: